Multimedia

Author Topic: Sunday  (Read 18972 times)

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Sunday
« on: April 04, 2016, 12:17:21 PM »
Is Sunday boring as fuck without Jim Cielencki?

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 12:19:31 PM »
Dunno but I'm thinking about getting their hubs for a build, any word on them that anybody's heard?

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 12:55:15 PM »
Do they have any parts that aren't complete bike quality? Besides their frames, everything seems cheap.

Offline 14thStbikes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 02:24:15 PM »
Can't lie, I haven't been as interested in the brand in a while now. Hadn't thought about it being directly related to Jim C. leaving, but the approximate timeline is about the same. Can't put my finger on anyone reason, but definitely not as hype on them as I was during the first frame era through the Second Wave.

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 07:17:45 PM »
What's Jim C doing now?

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 09:07:45 PM »
going off his insta he eats lots of health food tacos, and does long distance running. shame he doesnt still ride a bit after bmx being such a big part of his life

the success of sundays aaron ross completes was kinda their downfall at the same time. people who werent really up on current riding liked to collect the completes, so i think sunday got geared more towards that as they were no doubt making more money than the aftermarket frames, but at the same time most other riders werent big on aaron ross neon bikes with bright coloured tyres. also, odyssey wouldnt want to be doubling up on parts across the two brands. id still consider buying one of the new sunday frames, cos my og was great (still have it) but id probs rather get an STA
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline montymitch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 09:17:12 PM »
The new street sweeper bars look good, but other than that there isn't much going on. The Broadcaster frame has been around for ages now.

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 01:00:22 AM »
I always wondered how input G had in the design as it seems like it incorporates a lot of the stuff I read from him from the years.
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline MSBNL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 06:36:14 AM »
Still stoked on Sunday, allthough I have to agree that I'm less impressed by their budget parts. But as long as they produce the Soundwave frame they have my vote. Saw this bit on Jim C a few weeks ago, apparently he's running a marathon:
http://bmx.transworld.net/news/jim-cielencki-runs-every-street-in-buffalo/#gF9f8sZAkSYWDDjd.97

Offline Oddity

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 09:45:01 AM »
Their forks are still dope and that cheap Freeze stem is good.

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 01:48:40 PM »
Their forks are still dope and that cheap Freeze stem is good.

The sprockets too, cheap and good. I think it's only the rims that look below par tbh.

Does nobody know anything about the hubs tho?

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016, 02:05:19 PM »
I liked when there were companies that specialized in making only frames and maybe bars or forks and there were parts companies that made the other stuff. Now it seems like all companies make everything.

Offline MSBNL

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 04:09:27 PM »
Freeze stem looks good and the dimensions are good as well, maybe it's just me but I have 2 and both were pinched after intalling them once, and because the thread doesn't run all the way through you can't use the coin trick to unpinch them.

Offline alaskun

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2016, 02:24:27 AM »
I lost interest pretty early when they started doing all the colorway stuff, but always wanted one of the 3rd waves.

Mythbusters, in their final season, finally did an imploding train car/tanker episode
 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-T88zCaz8XNdzA1T0VFRER3bXc/view?usp=sharing

and it really illustrates how much damage a dent can do. I wonder how much Sunday sales would have been affected if that episode had come out in 2007...

Offline slvtn

• View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 05:31:17 AM »
Still stoked on Sunday, allthough I have to agree that I'm less impressed by their budget parts. But as long as they produce the Soundwave frame they have my vote. Saw this bit on Jim C a few weeks ago, apparently he's running a marathon:
http://bmx.transworld.net/news/jim-cielencki-runs-every-street-in-buffalo/#gF9f8sZAkSYWDDjd.97

Awesome. Great to see he's putting the same enthusiasm into running like he did with BMX.
I couldn\'t tell if she was wet or the pasta was just beyond al-dente.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 05:31:17 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special