Multimedia

Author Topic: What's the status on new Odyssey products?  (Read 50788 times)

Offline Bunky

• Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: What's the status on new Odyssey products?
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2015, 12:57:01 PM »
Definitely rad to hear about the Clutch, but I'm almost more excited about the Dugan pedals.

G, Any idea what the MSRP is going to be for them?
Quote from: G
this website is essentially an irrelevant back-water of the internet

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2015, 12:47:03 PM »
We should have Pleg2 sleeves, doing the inserts on their own seems a bit weird...

Clutch hubs are being assembled now and should be shipping to the US any day, so I would expect them to hit US shops late July (assuming no more port problems etc). I will put up some internal details etc and probably make the odd video to explain how it differs from a standard hub just before they hit the shops. We do have a US patent filing in progress but I still dont want to give other brands too much time to try to rip it off. The differences are subtle mostly, but make a huge difference to function.

Dugan pedals are hopefully in the final stages of development. (for the die-hard metal pedal brigade) Yes, I have a beautiful set of aluminium ones (with steel pins) that I particularly love which are 95% finalised, as well as the plastic ones which are similarly advanced and being ride tested too.

Not sure where we are with LHD socket drive cranks, pretty sure they should be happening by now.

:)
G.

What options will the Clutch have in terms of it's axle? Will it be either male or female?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 04:28:32 PM by streetStreet »

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2015, 02:45:36 PM »
I wish Odyssey would make flatware stuff again
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline metalbmxer

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2015, 04:54:18 PM »

They are still doing the forks, tires, and cranks. Now you can add freecoaster hubs to the mix! but yeah no more frames, grips or front hubs.

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2015, 06:38:20 PM »

They are still doing the forks, tires, and cranks. Now you can add freecoaster hubs to the mix! but yeah no more frames, grips or front hubs.

I want red frequency g tires. I'd style for the Dugan or Hawk tires in 1.95
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline Boomhauer

• Least Favourite JUGGALO by far
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2015, 09:29:43 PM »
I'm really looking forward to the Clutch hub, it's the first freecoaster I've been excited about since the NYB. Unfortunately finding one in 14mm, Lhd if possible and in the U.S. Is super unlikely.
Quote from: Bink;3116353
Yeah, f**k that.  Grind everything.
Quote from: skateparkrider;3612141
The gussets are awesome.  My wife has been needing my name carved into her for about a decade.

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2015, 05:03:44 PM »
Definitely rad to hear about the Clutch, but I'm almost more excited about the Dugan pedals.

G, Any idea what the MSRP is going to be for them?

Not exactly but it should be very typical, nothing startling.

We should have Pleg2 sleeves, doing the inserts on their own seems a bit weird...

Clutch hubs are being assembled now and should be shipping to the US any day, so I would expect them to hit US shops late July (assuming no more port problems etc). I will put up some internal details etc and probably make the odd video to explain how it differs from a standard hub just before they hit the shops. We do have a US patent filing in progress but I still dont want to give other brands too much time to try to rip it off. The differences are subtle mostly, but make a huge difference to function.

Dugan pedals are hopefully in the final stages of development. (for the die-hard metal pedal brigade) Yes, I have a beautiful set of aluminium ones (with steel pins) that I particularly love which are 95% finalised, as well as the plastic ones which are similarly advanced and being ride tested too.

Not sure where we are with LHD socket drive cranks, pretty sure they should be happening by now.

G.

What options will the Clutch have in terms of it's axle? Will it be either male or female?

So far I think it is Female only and slightly unusually it is full 14mm on the non-drive side and 3/8" with a 14mm shoulder on the drive-side. Before you go WHATTT!!!! There is a very good reason for this. The full 14mm is obviously better, but on the drive-side, using the standard engagement thread, there is no way to go bigger. So on the drive side it has to be 3/8". However the 3/8" female is a lot stronger than a standard 14mm male would have been. So I simply went with what was "best" regardless of symmetry (because after all you wont see it anyway).

Look at it this way. If you had a wasting disease, and one of your legs was all fucked up and weak, but you could still walk on it really well, and you favoured the other leg for serious stuff... you wouldn't fuck over your good leg just so it matched would you? No. You'd just hide it inside your trousers and get on with shit... same exact thing...

And of course, both bolts will use the same 17mm socket to tighten etc. The only weirdness is if you run pegs both sides, in which case you might prefer to have a 3/8" version on the drive side (though obviously a 14mm with an adaptor would work too)

G. 

I wish more people had bought it so we could...

G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2015, 10:28:53 PM »
Well that's good news, I wouldnt mind trying out a free-coaster and limited female options in for them in Canada.

Offline @ss4oLe

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2015, 06:09:35 PM »
where in the hell are those damned Dugan pedals??!!?

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2015, 07:10:45 PM »
where in the hell are those damned Dugan pedals??!!?

On my desk, my bikes and in boxes all over the place. Been having a few production issues to sort out with tooling etc but hopefully we are on the finishing straight now. Xmas is probably realistic but no promises.

G.

G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline RighteousBMX

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2015, 09:55:29 PM »
 Decent amount of concave on the Dugan pedals? How long/wide are they compared to JCPC's?

Offline Bunky

• Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2015, 09:30:32 AM »
Damn!  I would have figured the Dugan pedals would be out before the Clutch hub, but now the Clutch is out.
Quote from: G
this website is essentially an irrelevant back-water of the internet

Danno

« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2015, 03:20:44 PM »
Clutch hubs came into stock at work today, the lads who are into freecoasters were impressed!

Offline Mychaylo

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2015, 01:42:41 PM »
Clutch came in on my birthday? Has to be a sign!
Lovin' is what i got.

sans.terre

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2015, 04:38:12 PM »
dear odyssey,

please make a hub guard out of recycled par ends.

yours,
eternity (radioactive half life, ad-infinitum, vibranium adamantium alloy, etc)

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2015, 04:38:12 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello