Multimedia

Author Topic: What have you made?  (Read 462343 times)

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: What have you made?
« Reply #750 on: November 03, 2017, 05:38:44 AM »
Whia you live in the sky

If you aren't dead set on that setup and would consider alternatives, check out some of the things you find in Japanese micro apartments

Offline chubbs

• View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 06, 2017, 05:05:36 PM »
Made a table out of a blown up ka24de block.

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 08, 2017, 12:32:50 AM »
That's pretty rad. Is it stable enough?

Offline chubbs

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 06, 2018, 09:14:46 AM »
That's pretty rad. Is it stable enough?

Its real stable. I went with the grey glass because under it is 2 36" long square stock pieces that the glass sits on with suction cups. I wanted to hide them the best I could.

Offline Aesop Rock

• O.G. Member
  • Helve
    • View Profile
    • http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com
« Reply #754 on: January 06, 2018, 11:50:16 AM »
I made these tank lift brackets out of 304 stainless at work. Gonna test fit them on the Harley today and see if I need to make any changes or if they're ready for polish and paint.

Offline blueee

• Dumbest, Ugliest, Rattiest spot searching master on bikeguide
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=141705194
« Reply #755 on: February 06, 2018, 10:56:53 PM »
I rebuilt the carjump at slabcity, all it took was some drugs, a little bit of cash and some baked beans for the materials, tools and labor
#slabcityskatepark on instagram

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 07, 2018, 07:38:32 PM »
A mexican paycheck

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 12, 2018, 09:35:49 AM »
I have a denim vest I've been sewing patches on. I also cut up a t-shirt and sewed the design on a hoodie.

https://imgur.com/a/3l0cx

https://imgur.com/a/VPYc7
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 21, 2018, 08:39:46 PM »
I have a denim vest I've been sewing patches on. I also cut up a t-shirt and sewed the design on a hoodie.

https://imgur.com/a/3l0cx

https://imgur.com/a/VPYc7

"-6 points"

Some things just never change... :')
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline Arttu

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #759 on: April 25, 2018, 02:46:24 PM »
I've made a few pairs of boots and shoes over the past few years. Here's the most recent pair. Handwelted, only electric tool I used was a belt sander to shape the sole edges.

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 30, 2018, 09:26:13 PM »
So I need some furniture for my new apartment since I don't really own any. It's a small studio so a lofted bed frame is almost necessary. Looking at existing furniture, nothing really seemed like it was what I wanted or wouldn't work so I took some measurements and modeled one up in Blender to get a rough idea of how it might look and get a better understanding of what materials I'll need. I'll also build a tall bar table for eating/games whatever off of it to help hide the radiator and keep things nice and tight. Here's the mock up, now it's time to build it!

Well, I finally got this built and the place is starting to feel more like a home than an empty cell. Still need to get the materials for the bar top but I'm broke and extra spending money comes along infrequently. Turning out better than I had hoped though!

(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 31, 2018, 01:59:12 PM »
So I need some furniture for my new apartment since I don't really own any. It's a small studio so a lofted bed frame is almost necessary. Looking at existing furniture, nothing really seemed like it was what I wanted or wouldn't work so I took some measurements and modeled one up in Blender to get a rough idea of how it might look and get a better understanding of what materials I'll need. I'll also build a tall bar table for eating/games whatever off of it to help hide the radiator and keep things nice and tight. Here's the mock up, now it's time to build it!

Well, I finally got this built and the place is starting to feel more like a home than an empty cell. Still need to get the materials for the bar top but I'm broke and extra spending money comes along infrequently. Turning out better than I had hoped though!

looks cool man, dig how you utilize such a small place so efficiently. I'd go crazy in such a tiny home lol.
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 27, 2018, 07:07:12 AM »
I've made a few pairs of boots and shoes over the past few years. Here's the most recent pair. Handwelted, only electric tool I used was a belt sander to shape the sole edges.

That is so cool. I would love to do something similar myself.

If I remember correctly you went to some kind of design-uni right? If one would want to just try and make shoes without any experience; how difficult would it be? Completely impossible or realistic with patience?
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 02, 2018, 10:07:29 PM »
Figured I'd update what I was working on now since I finally put the last bits together. Now I just need to buy shit for the kitchen and bathroom... Ugh. At least I have a really cozy and cool place to hang or have some beers with friends.

Anyway, so I built the loft but still needed somewhere to eat besides the couch and coffee table or at my PC. Built this tall bar table off of the loft. Gotta say, I don't know how the fuck I managed to make something that actually looks cool from nothing. I guess that's what being obsessive does. I must've looked at my plans and possible materials for 6 months before I even purchased anything or built it. Glad it turned out, though!

(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline Arttu

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #764 on: November 05, 2018, 04:00:59 AM »

That is so cool. I would love to do something similar myself.

If I remember correctly you went to some kind of design-uni right? If one would want to just try and make shoes without any experience; how difficult would it be? Completely impossible or realistic with patience?

Yeah, I studied design, but that really didn't contribute anything to shoemaking. I've just read a bunch in books and online and watched a lot of videos and tutorials. It's totally possible to make shoes without any formal training or experience, but the biggest problem is finding the tools and materials without spending a fortune. You need a bunch of different kinds of leathers, and you can't usually buy them in small quantities, so the costs add up real quick. I've bought (and made) the tools and materials over the years, trying to find good deals when I could, but I've still spent probably 1000-2000 euros on shoemaking. Now that I have the tools and expensive materials (like insole and sole leather), I can make probably about 20 pairs of shoes for little extra cost.

If only I had more time for shoemaking.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #764 on: November 05, 2018, 04:00:59 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello