Multimedia

Author Topic: aluminum bb spacer idea thingy  (Read 18800 times)

Offline Boomhauer

• Least Favourite JUGGALO by far
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Re: aluminum bb spacer idea thingy
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 11:51:03 PM »
I wonder why they don't make carbon fiber bottom bracket spacers?
Quote from: Bink;3116353
Yeah, f**k that.  Grind everything.
Quote from: skateparkrider;3612141
The gussets are awesome.  My wife has been needing my name carved into her for about a decade.

Offline Aesop Rock

• O.G. Member
  • Helve
    • View Profile
    • http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2017, 09:39:06 PM »
Because kids who ride BMX are poor.

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2017, 10:40:24 PM »
Carlos, why stop at Spanish? They're SO heavy! Euro too!  Why not just run bushings??!!

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2017, 11:21:56 PM »
With laz's good sense in materials and Carlos's engineering that eastern bushing bb can live again.

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2017, 05:16:28 AM »
I'm sure Bitzer would invest

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2017, 04:21:27 AM »
Carlos, why stop at Spanish? They're SO heavy! Euro too!  Why not just run bushings??!!

I actually tried the KHE gen. 1 bushings as I had a problem with my cranks spinning whenever I took my feet off (rode some flatland at the time). It was sooooooo annoying to ride with. Would have to kick-start each crank.
They added a small bearing in the gen 2. It is still a silly idea but for someone like you it might be interesting.
https://www.khebikes.com/bmx-teile/antrieb-mehr/tretlager/720-khe-bush-tretlagerset-mid-bb-p2-82
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 04:24:32 AM by JFax »
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2017, 05:55:25 PM »
You could also take a look at 34R ORTO bushing BB's, they come in Span and Mid, 19-22mm, I've used both Span and Midd in 22mm and they are awesome+light. Won't work well with Wedge cranks aka Odyssey Wom/Twom and Thunder. You use the crank arms bolt as tension on the BB for how much resistance/drag you wan't. Very Nice.
Vitalbmx: Cellmember
Bmxforum: Cellmember
Bmxmuseum: Cellmember
Ref\'s: http://www.bmx-forum.com/u/64216/cellmember

Offline Boomhauer

• Least Favourite JUGGALO by far
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2017, 06:56:31 PM »
With laz's good sense in materials and Carlos's engineering that eastern bushing bb can live again.
I can get an old Bizhouse one from the local shop for next to nothing haha, I was always skeptical about those though.
Quote from: Bink;3116353
Yeah, f**k that.  Grind everything.
Quote from: skateparkrider;3612141
The gussets are awesome.  My wife has been needing my name carved into her for about a decade.

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2018, 02:00:26 AM »
Those bushings that you odn't use a tube spacer with have some serious issues. If you have pinch bolt cranks, your sprocket will move on the spindle and the bolt will come undone. If you don't have pinch bolt cranks, your crank arms will move on the spindle and the spindle bolts will come undone too. Not to mention that without a tube spacer, dropping the bike on the cranks/pedals is no good for the bushing/bearing on that side of the BB...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 05:52:15 AM by Professor Horatio Hufnagel »

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2018, 05:11:57 AM »
Those bushings that you odn't use a tube spacer with have some serious issues. If you have pinch bolt cranks, your sprocket will move on the spindle and the bolt will come undone. If you don't have pinch bolt cranks, your crank arms will move on the spindle and the spindle bolts will come undone too. Not to mention that without a tube spacer, dropping the bike on the cranks/pedals is no good for the bushing/bearing on that side of the BB...

Yeah, I rode it with a profile set and tried my best to make it work. If I tightened the cranks enough for it to not come loose I couldnt crank and if I did it enough for my cranks to spin the cranks would come loose really quickly. Had to use a lot of lochtigh but was still too annoying in the end so changed back to regular bearings.
Used a splined drive sprocket so had no issue with the sprocket.
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline erenes

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2018, 03:48:45 PM »
some entry level bikes used Mid size BB (simple tube w/o any bearing stopper), steel or alloy cup with Spanish BB.
Make no sense, cheap for OEM, but extra parts, fitting, creaking, tolerances issue, etc

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2018, 03:48:45 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello