Multimedia

Author Topic: definitive freecoaster thread  (Read 45801 times)

Offline Austin Tasseltine

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://battersmalley.blogspot.com/
definitive freecoaster thread
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2012, 10:51:49 AM »
i have a pretty early one (48h 10t) and it crankflips pretty good. the chain must have been hitting the shell at somepoint cos it wore the black off, you could always file it if it wont spin enough. if your chain isnt too tight it should crankflip good

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2012, 12:42:57 PM »
I just realized I said Ratchet when I meant G-Coaster. Will I be able to crankflip on the G-Coaster?

Offline Wrecked

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2012, 08:07:28 PM »
Quote from: condrbkr;3546514
I just realized I said Ratchet when I meant G-Coaster. Will I be able to crankflip on the G-Coaster?

I heard the G-Coaster V2 was going to come with lazer booby locators with a grub screw inside the axle to fine tune what cup size you prefer so you don't have to pull the hub apart to change your settings.

AKA: we won't know until the hub is available.
Bist do rien defallen? Ich gleich zu radfahren!

Offline Spev

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2012, 11:42:14 PM »
Sneak peak at Colony's KHE style coaster from their instagram and on BMX union.
I like the threaded hub guard.

"There was word that Colony was “maybe” doing a freecoaster a few months back. They just dropped this photo on Instagram a minute ago with this caption to go with it “Colony Freecoaster. Male or female axle RHD or LHD. Out November.” … Looks like they decided to put it into production along with a hub guar to go with it! Expect more info on this closer to its release or at Interbike in September."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:44:00 PM by Spev »

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2012, 01:48:44 AM »
Are the male freecoasters less prone to being dogshit than the females?

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2012, 04:11:05 AM »
From the looks of it it is one of those "shemale" hubs.
Thus I dont think there would be much different, other than your bike looking neater pegless.
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2012, 06:23:59 AM »
Quote from: condrbkr;3546514

Not really. I mean it might go round if you kick really hard, but there will always be an inherent conflict with how all freecoasters work.
When you back pedal there HAS to be some drag to the axle to retract the engagement parts, so in the KHE style ones this would be the ball springs dragging on the clutch. In the G-Coaster (if we ever get it out) it would be the axial spring on the cams.

Dont hold your breath though.

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline Otter

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2012, 07:00:58 AM »
What I heard was that KHE had bought an exclusive use from a manufactor (probably yu hub http://www.yuhub.com.tw/en/products/?method=detail&aid=118). And now that period is over. That's why you suddently see alot of similar hubs coming out without the KHE name on it.

Offline Gooby

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2012, 01:12:49 AM »
Colony Coaster looks pretty similar to a Reloader on the outside at least. Will probably be $200+ coming from Colony.
Quote from: blueee;3573254
closing down dispenseries helps give young americans jobs

as drug dealers

Offline Nutbaggs

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2012, 03:50:07 PM »
Quote from: Spev;3577466
Sneak peak at Colony's KHE style coaster from their instagram and on BMX union.
I like the threaded hub guard.

"There was word that Colony was “maybe” doing a freecoaster a few months back. They just dropped this photo on Instagram a minute ago with this caption to go with it “Colony Freecoaster. Male or female axle RHD or LHD. Out November.” … Looks like they decided to put it into production along with a hub guar to go with it! Expect more info on this closer to its release or at Interbike in September."

Looks tidy.

Haha shemale.

Offline Spev

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2012, 12:56:34 AM »
Colony freecoaster update
"Back in March this year we dropped news that we were working on our own freecoaster & it was one of our highest rated news pieces we have ever published on the site. Well now 5 months later, we are a little closer to having these hubs out.

Come December this year, they will be available in selected markets around the world. Details are as follows…

14mm male axle & 14mm female axle versions.
RHD & LHD versions.
9t driver only.
36 hole only.
Optional hub guard available seperately.
Black only.

More info will be released closer to the release date."

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2012, 01:09:07 AM »
i am quite surprised colony are doing it in black only, thought they had to sell all their stuff in horrid colours

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2012, 01:26:26 AM »
I assume its due to the limited market for freecoasters.

Hub looks good though. But there seem to be more interesting hubs dropping soon though.
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline Austin Tasseltine

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://battersmalley.blogspot.com/
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2012, 03:44:34 AM »
there was a thread for this already. its a khe clone with a thread on hubguard (which will suck because thread on hubguards are shit)

Offline Spev

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2012, 03:37:12 PM »
Quote from: Austin Tasseltine;3581247
there was a thread for this already. its a khe clone with a thread on hubguard (which will suck because thread on hubguards are shit)

I know I posted it earlier in this thread (prior to it being posted anywhere else) but it was just an update.
The hub should also be out in Australia by late october and retail for $199. Good news for Australia as there are currently no decent coasters available here.

In regards to the threaded guard, I think you are looking at it all wrong. The axle has thread running all the way to the bearing, meaning you could replace the stock locknut with a narrower one and run any number of guards on the market. Unlike any other KHE clone style freecoaster on the market (which I also stated in the other thread you are speaking of).

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2012, 03:37:12 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special