Multimedia

Author Topic: What did you do to your bike today? (v2)  (Read 1872155 times)

Offline CMB

• View Profile
What did you do to your bike today? (v2)
« Reply #1350 on: June 06, 2012, 03:41:27 PM »
i think he meant that he painted it the color of an aitken s2i.
refs: Alice Glass, laloest33, Rusty, mphelps, .SIN., milhous, jaymeatsack, CHROME_RIMS_YO, LittleDevil661, Piffery, Trvsty, Patty, toady, shutta, cb4130, Black Miguel, BGB, onewaystu, Bunky, arcadecycles, LeonLikesToRock & more!

Offline _tom_

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tom_the_beast
« Reply #1351 on: June 06, 2012, 03:42:11 PM »
That railed aitken seat looks way better than my pivotal one.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: June 06, 2012, 03:52:36 PM »
Going to ride the 24 today. Been so damn busy with house stuff, then we got an 8 week old pup last weekend so I haven't touched the bikes for a couple weeks. :(

Offline BeefHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: June 06, 2012, 04:40:24 PM »
Quote from: Wrecked;3566404
I've always been a fan of Marvin Lotterle's bikes back in the day. I came to the realization that I had most of the parts on hand to make a similar build happen so...
I started assembling a "trail" bike. Started off by painting it an Aitken S2i brown, added an Aitken seat and front tire, some King hubs, Thomson stem and post with Zodiac work, custom headset cap. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect 33 tooth sprocket.

Thompson finishing kit looks really cool on a bmx. I might paint my s2i that brown soon. looks really nice

Offline Wrecked

• View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: June 06, 2012, 05:00:34 PM »
Quote from: farva;3566591
thats not a fit...

I didn't mean to imply that it was.
I was saying that I painted it a brown that was similar to the Fit Aitken.
Bist do rien defallen? Ich gleich zu radfahren!

Offline Austin Tasseltine

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://battersmalley.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1355 on: June 06, 2012, 09:48:20 PM »
i got some shit i need to do to my bike like sort out the chainline before i ruin the teeth on my sprocket, but its been pissing down with rain the last few days so no point

Offline @ss4oLe

• View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: June 06, 2012, 09:55:29 PM »
squeezed the brake lever when I walked past to fill my pint.

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: June 06, 2012, 11:08:07 PM »
thought about changing my flat, but i wont be riding till sunday at best with this weather and i also need some elec tape

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: June 06, 2012, 11:13:04 PM »
Quote from: Austin Tasseltine;3566703
i got some shit i need to do to my bike like sort out the chainline before i ruin the teeth on my sprocket, but its been pissing down with rain the last few days so no point

I'll help. What hub & frame?

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: June 06, 2012, 11:23:26 PM »
aha just made the necessary modification but i think i twisted the back end on the frame in the meantime, whoops!

its a v1 fit hawk (that was fucked anyway, dents all over, rewelded tt/ht), federal 9t coaster (with primo dsg which doesnt help the chainline as it pushes the driver inwards a bit), and a 30t mds with extra guard.

hammered the cs in a bit for some extra clearance, chainline is a bit better now at least (hopefully my chain will stop kinking up), but the sprocket still only clears by a gnats cock

i was thinking of buying a new frame soon but i dont know what would be compatible with my favoured sprocket setup besides another sunday (lots of clearance with a wishbone). i really wanted an sta though dammit

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: June 06, 2012, 11:29:57 PM »
If the rear end is tweaked, and the sprocket you are running won't clear then the stays then the maths is a moot point :<

You'll need to measure BB width and dropout-to-teeth on the coaster (probably 68mm & 13mm respectively but confirm it anyway) if you want to work it out anyway

Offline CHROME_RIMS_YO

• View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: June 06, 2012, 11:36:28 PM »
since my last post in this thread i've sanded and polished an fsa headset dust cover and a 2mm spacer to go along with my raw xlt redneck i put back on my bike a week or two ago. i just got done disassembling and regreasing my khe reverse v1 from a couple years back that i only used for an hour. while i had it opened up i maxxed out the slack too. then put on a 30t, and a fresh chain and adjusted the brake pads. hopefully it holds up for the next couple hours while i go explore and burn off some extra energy. i used to be able to do little 360 slider hops where i'd basically hop between 180-270ish degrees and just carve the front tire while backpedaling out for a second, it'd be fun to learn those again (minus the backpedaling of course) if i get comfortable with the freecoaster and also get my 180s more consistent haha. sometimes my brain says "do a 180" and my body responds with "hahaha yeah right old man!" and then i slam.
OHH HIS NAME? HIS NAME IS RAAALF, MAN
Quote from: Mike Oxlong;3588221
I always thought you were black just like scram hype haha

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: June 06, 2012, 11:37:56 PM »
yeah im not after the perfect chainline, just a slightly better one than before where my chain was rubbing badly on the sprocket guard while pedalling. its a bit better now so thats good enough for me

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: June 07, 2012, 04:38:05 AM »
went riding and the chain felt smoother than it has in months. but then it poured down and i had to ride home in the wet so its probably going to feel like shit again next time i go riding

Offline Something Simpler

• View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: June 07, 2012, 12:44:52 PM »
Went to go ride it, but the tire was completely flat and I didn't feel like trying to fix it.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #1364 on: June 07, 2012, 12:44:52 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello