Multimedia

Author Topic: 22 inches  (Read 389852 times)

Offline dude...

• View Profile
Re: 22 inches
« Reply #570 on: August 26, 2014, 08:53:36 AM »
i still prefer a 20 to a 22 and im also 27 and 6'6. 22 is fun for jumping, a super high front end has done wonders for my back and posture though, id look into trying to raise the bars. maybe its the short back end on the 20 but it just feels nippier and more responsive. guess it depends on personal preference though, short back ends on frames are great i reckon

youd need to go custom to get front brakes on a 22 though and itd start to get expensive
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline @ss4oLe

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 26, 2014, 11:20:43 AM »
Wheel size doesn't make a bike bigger.
Many of the 22 inch frames are short.

But get a 22.25 ATF and ride the shit out of it.

Pretty sure S&M make 22 inch forks with mounts.

And a big ol' LOL at you kids in your 20's. (and 30's)

Offline Bunky

• Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 26, 2014, 01:29:46 PM »
I'm 30 and 5-11 tall.

My 20 is a Mutiny Animist with a 21.5 top tube
I have a 22 Holmes (pictured on previous page)
I also have a ModelC, WaveC, and WaveC Prototype that I love. 

The Holmes (22 top tube) feels like it has the most room up front, and has the shortest back end of the bigger bikes.  It's actually really close to the Animist in terms of rear end length.  The lower bottom bracket makes it feel real stable.  The Holmes also feels much closer to a 20 inch bike.  Out of everything, the Prototype WaveC is probably getting ridden the most lately.  I just really love the 24's for some reason.

S&M makes 22 pitchforks with 990 mounts, so fronties are still doable on a 22. 

If you're going to do a bunch of front brake tricks, I'd go with a 22 over a 24.  I feel like fronties on a 24 feels a little weird.  Bobby (skateparkrider) let me ride his WaveC with fronts when I was in Austin for ACL last year, and trying to use the fronts felt a little weird to me.

I'll throw this out there too, if anyone is ever in the Raleigh NC area and wants to try out some different bikes, hit me up.
Quote from: G
this website is essentially an irrelevant back-water of the internet

Offline Eggit2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 26, 2014, 07:37:28 PM »
youd need to go custom to get front brakes on a 22 though and itd start to get expensive
I don't think there is a single part on my current BMX that isn't custom. I work in a machine shop and used to intern at solid, so putting mounts on a set of forks is trivial.

I'm really torn. My current BMX just feels so cramped and awful. I rode a model C and it felt really comfortable, but sluggish. I'm not ready to jump on the 22 bandwagon yet, but its tempting. If anyone in norcal has one I would love to take it for a spin.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 26, 2014, 08:23:56 PM »
yeah i forgot about the time you put cantis on your directors then polished the welds off and they cracked

Offline cmc4130

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 01, 2014, 01:23:13 PM »
Anyone have any videos of someone riding one? I'd like to see how it looks in motion and what body position is like.

Chris Mahoney on the new 22" Faction Amero BMX 2013
http://vimeo.com/58917580

There are a lot of pics and some videos posted in the 22"BMX Facebook group as well. 
https://www.facebook.com/22inchbmx?fref=nf

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 01:24:46 PM by cmc4130 »

Offline 22lyfe

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 12, 2014, 10:30:39 AM »
I've been really thing about one of these lately. I've been riding my BMX less and less, riding bigger instead. I tried to go for a ride yesterday and the BMX just felt so cramped and tiny. I'm not ready to make the plunge though, I like to a lot of lip tricks and front brake stuff and I just feel like its going to be too much bike for that. I'm also 6'1" and 27 years old, the body doesn't bend like it used and 20" wheels just don't feel comfortable.

Anyone have any videos of someone riding one? I'd like to see how it looks in motion and what body position is like.

I did ride a 24" model C once, it felt pretty nice.

I'm 6'4 220, and rode a 20" bike since I was 13.  The last 20" bike I rode was a custom 250L with a 22" top tube and 9.75" bars.  Even that bike felt too cramped and when I saw pictures and video of myself riding it I looked absolutely ridiculous.  I decided to give 22's a go and pre ordered the faction amero as soon as it was available.  I immediately felt that 22" wheels were superior to 20's but the 21.5"tt was waaay too short and I destroyed 2 pairs of their terrible forks, so I made the switch to a custom 23"tt holmes and it was the best decision I ever made.  Im currently on a 23"tt 22"wheeled custom trail boss and ill never touch a 20" bike again.  My trail boss is scaled up 2" in every aspect from what my 20" bike was and it feels perfect for my size.  I only ride dirt, so I cant speak for how it handles nib jibbin curbs and ledges but I can still hop the sucker on picnic tables, so the vertical does not suffer.  Best bike ive ever ridden

Offline cmc4130

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 14, 2014, 02:20:45 PM »
I'm 6'4 220, and rode a 20" bike since I was 13.  The last 20" bike I rode was a custom 250L with a 22" top tube and 9.75" bars.  Even that bike felt too cramped and when I saw pictures and video of myself riding it I looked absolutely ridiculous.  I decided to give 22's a go and pre ordered the faction amero as soon as it was available.  I immediately felt that 22" wheels were superior to 20's but the 21.5"tt was waaay too short and I destroyed 2 pairs of their terrible forks, so I made the switch to a custom 23"tt holmes and it was the best decision I ever made.  Im currently on a 23"tt 22"wheeled custom trail boss and ill never touch a 20" bike again.  My trail boss is scaled up 2" in every aspect from what my 20" bike was and it feels perfect for my size.  I only ride dirt, so I cant speak for how it handles nib jibbin curbs and ledges but I can still hop the sucker on picnic tables, so the vertical does not suffer.  Best bike ive ever ridden
badass! i think i saw it on bmxmuseum, but do you have more pics?

Offline 22lyfe

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 15, 2014, 10:32:05 AM »
badass! i think i saw it on bmxmuseum, but do you have more pics?
theres a picture of the trail boss on page 37 in here, heres my atf   As for video, checkout Killshit4 on vimeo, all of my clips are either on my trail boss or holmes

Offline Admiral Ackbar

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 15, 2014, 12:55:47 PM »
damn and i thought big bens bike was ugly
Quote from: blueee;3557172
i went to a rave at a zoo one time. although i didnt give the dolphins heroin substitute

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 15, 2014, 08:43:12 PM »
its ok guys im working on my bg acceptance barcode trails snob build as i speak

Offline @ss4oLe

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 15, 2014, 09:40:03 PM »
^ I'd rather see your trails than your bike.

There aren't snobs in my woods.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 15, 2014, 11:30:25 PM »
there are on bg though

Offline cmc4130

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 02, 2015, 09:05:17 PM »

Brett Parker, InDust 22", made in TX

Offline FBM.BMX

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 06, 2015, 11:55:53 AM »
Another oldie debating the switch to 22" because a 20" now feels too twitchy to be comfortable with. Mainly ride MTB now which is part of it. Have a 26" jump bike, tried 24s, neither quite feel right.

Convince how great and how happy you are with them.

Trails/flow rider, some street jibs, looking for something that takes that edge off the bmx twitchiness death feel so i can enjoy BMX time.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #584 on: February 06, 2015, 11:55:53 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello