Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1743940 times)

Offline Cat Daddy V.2.0

• View Profile
Re: Post Your Guns
« Reply #4200 on: December 20, 2013, 03:07:43 AM »
500, 590, or 590a1 Though the a1 may be a bit more.
Remmington has been having QC issues even on there police models. Not to say Mossberg hasn't but I haven't seen as much problems with them nor personal (well seeing a friend) run into issues. It's often something as simple as polishing the bore though.

Forego the PG. No joke. They are just silly, even if he wants a 'tactical' gun a pg doesn't do it. If he really wants a PG consider getting something like a speed feed tactical stock set.

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: December 20, 2013, 12:01:54 PM »
Save $120 more and get a 590a1 from your nearest Turners. I've got two, great guns.
Mossberg slide release and safety can be worked without removing your hand from the fire control group, can't say the same about Remingtons.

Agree with Cat Daddy - skip the pistol grip. In my opinion they actually reduce the functionality of the gun.

Get him a Mesa Tactical side saddle as a later gift if he wants to get all tacticool with it.
Quote from: JPR@lastcall;3184017
It would have been great to have parents, but it made BMX so much more hardcore and real not being able to buy anything new, ever.

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: December 20, 2013, 12:25:32 PM »
Thanks for the info man I'm not sure I want to spend that much. I'll probably skip the pistol grip then

Offline Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: December 20, 2013, 12:44:53 PM »
Built this a few months ago. Mostly PSA parts with a few changes.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: December 20, 2013, 12:48:40 PM »
Looking at buying my dad a shotgun for Christmas. My budget is $400 maybe 450.. Mossberg 500 or Remington 870? Any other suggestions? He wants to be tacticool with a pistol grip and shit but the fixed stock? law is ruining the vibe of that lol. If you had to get your dad a gun and were only 18 with $400 what would you buy?

I'm a Mossy 500 fan myself, the ergonomics make more sense to me. And I can also confirm that newer 870s have been having some QC issues.

I also agree that a pistol grip just looks cool on a 12ga, but makes it harder to shoot. Straight stock for me all day long.

That being said... the new Magpul furniture is pretty cool on 500s.

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: December 29, 2013, 11:26:58 PM »
My AR's were feeling a little lonely since I haven't finished building any of my com block AK's yet so went out and bought this for the time being:

photo by sokoloka, on Flickr

Romanian WASR 10/63
Have a Midwest Industries Railed Handguard, VLTOR mod buffer tube and some other goodies on order to bring it into the 21st century.

BRRRRAPPP
Quote from: JPR@lastcall;3184017
It would have been great to have parents, but it made BMX so much more hardcore and real not being able to buy anything new, ever.

Offline hugh.

• Pedo-Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: December 30, 2013, 12:47:08 PM »
Guys my grandfather gave me an air rifle he's had since the war. It's a Diana Mod 27. Anyone heard of them?

Danno

« Reply #4207 on: December 30, 2013, 02:18:09 PM »
I might be going to a wedding in New Orleans in June. Are there shooting ranges there that I could just go to and blast the shit out of things at? I'd fucking love to use one.

Offline PabstBlueRibbon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: December 30, 2013, 02:20:53 PM »
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

Offline nwcstn

• British Juggalo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: January 21, 2014, 04:36:51 PM »
Any recommendations for an affordable, reliable carry gun? Around $400 if that's possible. Definitly not expecting anything that'll last forever or is fancy hahaha

Offline bouncehouse420

• View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: January 22, 2014, 07:52:38 PM »
scored a Mossberg 930 spx for 5 hundie OTD couldnt pass it up.

How do you like it? ive been thinking about getting one.

i haven't had time to shoot it yet but ive always wanted one.

Took it out a few weeks ago and put about 300rds through it. I love it.... my new favorite gun.

Offline (jeff)

• View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: January 23, 2014, 01:10:18 AM »
Any recommendations for an affordable, reliable carry gun? Around $400 if that's possible. Definitly not expecting anything that'll last forever or is fancy hahaha

J frame (642 or 442), LCP, BG 380, Kahr, Shield, LCR,

Offline andreas

• Super Idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: January 24, 2014, 12:36:40 AM »
Guys my grandfather gave me an air rifle he's had since the war. It's a Diana Mod 27. Anyone heard of them?
ye my pops bought me a diana when I was like 12. Lovely lil thing.

Offline nwcstn

• British Juggalo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: January 27, 2014, 02:08:54 AM »

Thanks! Also, I'm curious as to why you recommended the 642 and 442 and not the 637 being that its pretty much the same but single/double action. The single action seems like it would be a nice option to have. Whats you're take on revolver vs semi-auto for cc? Being that you listed both.

Offline (jeff)

• View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: January 27, 2014, 04:39:16 AM »

Thanks! Also, I'm curious as to why you recommended the 642 and 442 and not the 637 being that its pretty much the same but single/double action. The single action seems like it would be a nice option to have. Whats you're take on revolver vs semi-auto for cc? Being that you listed both.

Pistols and revolvers both have their pro's and con's. I carried a 14 round .40 S&W SW40VE daily for 3 years, got tired of the bulk and especially the weight, and bought a S&W 442 which is a 5 round .38 spl to carry instead. I've carried it daily for nearly 1 1/2 years and I can't say enough good things about it. It's reliable, very small and light weight, and extremely simple. The recoil is a bit aggressive but not terrible. The biggest drawback is the small round-count, but I feel comfortable with it. With revolvers, you don't have to worry about feeding issues, magazine failures, picky ammo, etc. Single action isn't needed for defensive revolvers, and the hammer can get hung up on clothes. I'd suggest checking out as many guns as possible at gun shops and find a local range that rents guns.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #4214 on: January 27, 2014, 04:39:16 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello