Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1744765 times)

Offline Rick James

• View Profile
Re: Post Your Guns
« Reply #4245 on: April 19, 2014, 03:39:38 PM »
Picked this up a couple weeks ago and finally got her out today.

Offline Macaroni Sandwich

• lonely fruit
  • Veteran
  • Ramblin' Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: April 24, 2014, 12:42:37 AM »
In hindsight, I don't want pictures of my guns online.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 05:45:43 PM by Macaroni Sandwich »

Offline Cat Daddy V.2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: April 24, 2014, 05:25:45 AM »
Why not do a 6.5 Grendel or build a .308 "long range" AR?

Also yeah the stock sucks, get a sopmod.

• lonely fruit
  • Veteran
  • Ramblin' Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: April 24, 2014, 08:44:03 PM »
Why not do a 6.5 Grendel or build a .308 "long range" AR?

Also yeah the stock sucks, get a sopmod.

Yeah, probably going to do .308. Sadly the range I shoot at most often is limited to 300yards. There is a gun club about a 40minute drive from me, but would have access to a 500yd range there.

Sadly unsure of where else I could go within an hour or two drive of me to reach out further.

Offline Rick James

• View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: April 24, 2014, 10:10:14 PM »
If the farthest you can realistically shoot is 500 yards then I would just stick with .223/5.56. It will be more  than adequate at those distances and being cheaper to shoot definitely doesn't hurt.

• lonely fruit
  • Veteran
  • Ramblin' Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: April 25, 2014, 07:47:25 PM »
If the farthest you can realistically shoot is 500 yards then I would just stick with .223/5.56. It will be more  than adequate at those distances and being cheaper to shoot definitely doesn't hurt.

Yeah, but I still kind of want a 308 anyway. Even if not practical, will be more fun. :)

I've not even properly sighted in my AR anyhow. I just completed the build a month or so ago. Because of my work schedule I could never get to the LGS in time to get ammo there, so was going to Wal-Mart after dark to get ammo. All they had there was $35, 20rd boxes of match grade Winchester .223. Due to the price I only bought 60 rounds there and used those to break the gun in. Shoot a few rounds, clean. Shoot a few rounds, clean. After that I said fuck it and just started shooting. Finally got to the LGS a couple weekends ago and they had $8, 20rd boxes of PMC x-tac 5.56 so got some of those. I'll get it sighted in once I go to a proper range and aren't just shooting logs in the woods.

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: April 26, 2014, 11:04:47 PM »
I'm loving this thread, I wish guns were legal in Aus, its a fucking joke, we can't even have a god damn decent laser light/pointer let alone a BB gun.
Vitalbmx: Cellmember
Bmxforum: Cellmember
Bmxmuseum: Cellmember
Ref\'s: http://www.bmx-forum.com/u/64216/cellmember

Offline Hank Chinaski

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: May 11, 2014, 12:08:34 PM »
Thoughts on less than lethal ammos? Just moved to an area where thefts can be a problem and I don't think people should die for stealing. Anything for 12 gauge that would fuck someone up but isn't buckshot? I thought about buying a taser but seems too much risk of it not connecting well, etc.
Quote from:
His hair is alive with the crimson ghost of our father\'s lost adventures!

Offline Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: May 11, 2014, 02:00:33 PM »
Thoughts on less than lethal ammos? Just moved to an area where thefts can be a problem and I don't think people should die for stealing. Anything for 12 gauge that would fuck someone up but isn't buckshot? I thought about buying a taser but seems too much risk of it not connecting well, etc.

Its hard to decifer if an intruder's only intention is theft. Taking the time to figure that out could have deadly consequences. Although, I don't advise a "shoot first, ask questions later" approach. In the event of an intruder in your home, call the police and arm yourself while barricading yourself in a room or defend a choke point. Make the individual aware that the police are on the way and you're armed. But whatever you do though, don't take Joe Biden's advice.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/08/robert-farago/self-defense-tip-dont-shoot-less-lethal-rounds/
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 02:07:26 PM by Dan »

Offline Rick James

• View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: May 11, 2014, 03:18:42 PM »

Its hard to decifer if an intruder's only intention is theft. Taking the time to figure that out could have deadly consequences. Although, I don't advise a "shoot first, ask questions later" approach. In the event of an intruder in your home, call the police and arm yourself while barricading yourself in a room or defend a choke point. Make the individual aware that the police are on the way and you're armed. But whatever you do though, don't take Joe Biden's advice.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/08/robert-farago/self-defense-tip-dont-shoot-less-lethal-rounds/

I'd have to agree with this 100%, and especially the part about barricading yourself in a room while letting them know you're armed. It's also a good idea to let the 911 operator hear you give the intruder that warning as well. If they advance towards you after that then their intentions become more clear and you should be justified in whatever you need to do.

Offline Hank Chinaski

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: May 12, 2014, 12:44:07 AM »
Yeah, I agree with all this but the way my place is setup now, they could be coming directly into the bedroom or adjoining room without a barrier between. I don't really keep up so I wasn't sure if there was something new I hadn't heard of.

Quote from:
His hair is alive with the crimson ghost of our father\'s lost adventures!

Offline Cat Daddy V.2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: May 13, 2014, 06:50:37 AM »
I am a "if I feel my life is in danger to the point of pulling the trigger, then I have a threat that needs stopping' kind of person. LL ammo isn't often going to do that. I'd say it's a no go for HD.

Offline bouncehouse420

• View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: May 13, 2014, 05:39:36 PM »
not to mention itll probably get you sued. kill em or dont shoot at all.

Offline EDIR backwards

• View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: May 14, 2014, 10:45:00 PM »
just finished cleaning the LWRC's

Also upgraded the R700, with a manners mini chassis, nightforce F1, and a timney trigger.

Get it?

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #4259 on: May 14, 2014, 10:45:00 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special