Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1769342 times)

Offline Aesop Rock

• O.G. Member
  • Helve
    • View Profile
    • http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com
Post Your Guns
« Reply #4065 on: February 20, 2013, 04:45:08 AM »
Quote from: Cat Daddy;3633752
You are in this thread. Why?

PS: Don't answer please.

I'm sorry, I thought this was a forum where people were supposed to share ideas.

Quote from: couch;3633753
Which major magazine/newspaper do you shoot photos for?

Might make sense if I were running around with a D4, 28-70 2.8 and a bag full of telephoto lenses, but in reality I'm a hobbyist so I don't need any of that gear in the same way that people who shoot recreationally look absolutely retarded dressed up in tacticool gear when they go out to the range.

Quote from: lil bawbee;3633765
Pot meet Kettle? I guess Im guilty of playing army because I own a black condor 3 day bag that I use for camping and road trips.

Who said anything about you? I was making a broad statement, and one which is pretty common in the gun world. I believe the term most commonly used is, "poser". if you really want to compare a guy who wears jeans, boots and t-shirts while shooting photos to someone who looks like they're about to jump out of a helicopter in Iraq for a day out at the range sorry but I don't really see your argument.

Guys, I'm not here to talk shit on your guns. I find guns and gun culture to be interesting, hence why I stop by here all the time. It's a good place to learn about something I have an interest in. Contrary to what this board might think I'm really not anti-gun. Let's dial down the personal attacks mmk?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 04:50:05 AM by Aesop Rock »

Offline sal, a man-deer

• Fantasy Whore
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #4066 on: February 20, 2013, 05:01:20 AM »
while we're talking shit about the tacticool crowd playing soldier...

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:10:20 AM by sal, a man-deer »

Offline TheHouseProduct

• View Profile
    • http://www.thehousebmx.com
Post Your Guns
« Reply #4067 on: February 20, 2013, 09:42:22 AM »
Before everyone gets too down on playing soldier, have you tried playing soldier? It's pretty sweet. :-)
Just have an understanding that you are living out call of duty goober fantasies. I've taken slings and holsters and mag holsters and transitioned from primary to secondary etc etc and end up laughing my ass off having a good time. I look full retard but no one but the other retards have to know.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #4068 on: February 20, 2013, 09:59:02 AM »
Quote from: master;3633754
Hey, don't knock my 40mm grenade vest. Gotta make use of that m203! :D

9/10 ;). Always makes me laugh when I see setups with far more on them than you'd ever need. Not calling you out here, but you of all people should know this.
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #4069 on: February 20, 2013, 10:55:02 AM »
Quote from: Cole;3633890
9/10 ;). Always makes me laugh when I see setups with far more on them than you'd ever need. Not calling you out here, but you of all people should know this.

Oh I know, there are plenty of tacticool people out there who think they are high-speed with every accessory possible and would cry when the first bullet flies past them. Ar15.com is the worst... there are a handful of vets and cool guys on there, but mostly it's a lot of people having wet dreams over their shiny new rifles and "loadout" (which is a word I never heard until I was out of the Army).

I'm still not sure what to think of the airsoft mil-sim crowd either. Some of them are cool but I also see a lot of fat old guys taking things way too seriously.

But either way... I still respect any responsible gun owner for the commitment that they make. Firearms have been a part of my life since I was 5 and they ALWAYS will be so we need to stick together to be strong.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:57:36 AM by master »

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #4070 on: February 20, 2013, 11:36:55 AM »
While we're on the subject of gear-queers, I need suggestions for a sling. No three points.

Offline Arttu

• View Profile
    • http://
Post Your Guns
« Reply #4071 on: February 20, 2013, 01:01:23 PM »
Edit- it was boring and offtopic.

But yeah Cole, most likely I used wrong terminology, I haven't really read much about weaponry in English.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 02:27:45 PM by Arttu »

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #4072 on: February 20, 2013, 01:20:27 PM »
I'm not sure if you're calling the Short Range Anti Armour Weapon an RPG, but that would be incorrect terminology. It's simply a rocket projectile. Same with people calling the RPG a "rocket propelled grenade", it's actually "Ruchnoy Protivotankovyy Granatomyot".

Offline TheHouseProduct

• View Profile
    • http://www.thehousebmx.com
Post Your Guns
« Reply #4073 on: February 20, 2013, 04:27:16 PM »
Quote from: Cole;3633916
While we're on the subject of gear-queers, I need suggestions for a sling. No three points.

For rifle or shotgun?  I really like my Magpul sling for my rifles but the hook doesn't fit the loop on my GG&G shotgun sling mount.  I went with a cheap o mash hook sling that fit it.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #4074 on: February 20, 2013, 04:34:57 PM »
Yes, for a rifle. I have seen a couple I like, but I want to see if anything else gets brought up that I haven't looked into.

Offline Rick James

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #4075 on: February 20, 2013, 05:12:18 PM »
The two most popular slings here would probably be the Blue Force Gear VCAS and Viking Tactics (VTAC) MK2. I use the VTAC MK2 with a 2 to 1 point Triglide and I like it quite a bit.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #4076 on: February 20, 2013, 05:36:00 PM »
I have the VTAC v1. Wasn't a fan of it.

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #4077 on: February 20, 2013, 06:50:27 PM »

As tactical as I get.
L0F

pshep138

Post Your Guns
« Reply #4078 on: February 20, 2013, 06:54:57 PM »
My pops just picked this up. Ruger SR40. I put 100 rounds through it last night.

Offline el ocho

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #4079 on: February 21, 2013, 08:58:12 PM »
Quote from: Cole;3633916

Gear Sector has some good products. I have their single point, which is nice, but I'm switching it out for their two point. Having a barrel slap me in the balls isn't always fun. On the incredibly cheap end, you could get a Boonie Packer two point and get the padded sleeve from a duffel bag,http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/1-5-SHOULDER-PAD-34p207.htm, and have yourself a cheap as hell padded sling. It'll make all your high speed, low drag dreams come true.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #4079 on: February 21, 2013, 08:58:12 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello