Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1744389 times)

Offline (jeff)

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1545 on: May 13, 2010, 06:35:07 PM »
Quote from: couch;3280587
I posted an incident a while back in this thread that was pretty chilling, much like what you went thru last night except the knocking turned into pounding, and the pounding lasted for a while. It was one of the main reasons I started buying guns, and started this thread. Glad nothing happened. Keep an eye out though.

There are cameras in the hallway, one of which is nearly directly above our door and our landlord is supposed to call today and inform us about what he saw after looking at the footage. I'm really hoping it was just some random guy, and not 4 armed and masked men.

I'm glad I own a gun to say the least, and it made me realize I need to get another for my woman and get her to the range.

Offline yacqueli

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1546 on: May 13, 2010, 07:20:39 PM »
Quote from: (jeff);3280611
There are cameras in the hallway, one of which is nearly directly above our door and our landlord is supposed to call today and inform us about what he saw after looking at the footage. I'm really hoping it was just some random guy, and not 4 armed and masked men.

I'm glad I own a gun to say the least, and it made me realize I need to get another for my woman and get her to the range.

i am glad nothing happened to you. But i will say that to anyone who doesnt already own a shotgun for HD you are a fool. Buy a shotgun and load it with double 00 buckshot. i dont care if you have a dog or cat or some other bullshit excuse. the sound of a racking shotgun behind a locked door will makes some one shit themselves.
G-TROOP
PURE EVIL!

Offline randzilla

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1547 on: May 14, 2010, 12:30:16 AM »
Anyone know of any good composite stock companies? I'd really like to do more mods to my m1
Quote from: TidoJackson;2294528
Can I be gay with you, randzilla?

Quote from: Merry;2324163
Personally, I think it\'s pretty selfish to send the special kid over the jumps for the first time.

Offline (jeff)

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1548 on: May 14, 2010, 02:17:31 AM »
Quote from: yacqueli;3280633
i am glad nothing happened to you. But i will say that to anyone who doesnt already own a shotgun for HD you are a fool. Buy a shotgun and load it with double 00 buckshot. i dont care if you have a dog or cat or some other bullshit excuse. the sound of a racking shotgun behind a locked door will makes some one shit themselves.

I've given this alot of thought, but am having a hard time doing it. Mainly because I figure I can defend my home with my 40 cal and since I have a ccw, it actually serves a purpose. A shotgun would just collect dust. I'm still open to the idea though.

Little update to my story. We were out this evening and I mentioned wanting to get a snub nose hammerless S&W .357 for a "bike riding" gun, and to have at home for her when I'm gone, and teaching her to shoot .38's through it. She got very excited, asked if we could go to the range right then, and also expressed interest in just sticking with .357's.
     We get home, enter our building and see the old man that acts as a janitor. He came up and appologized profusely for knocking on our door last night. :mad2:   The landlord never called either.

My wife and I are both very relieved it was just him, but she still wants a gun.

Offline STAndard63

• O.J. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1549 on: May 14, 2010, 03:12:54 AM »
Yep, shotguns for home defense are good.  Plus, especially living in an apartment complex, you don't want anything travelling through walls and hitting someone else.

I got one of these for home defense:

except with a light
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 03:14:12 AM by STAndard63 »

Offline yacqueli

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1550 on: May 14, 2010, 06:26:51 PM »
Quote from: (jeff);3280797
I've given this alot of thought, but am having a hard time doing it. Mainly because I figure I can defend my home with my 40 cal and since I have a ccw, it actually serves a purpose. A shotgun would just collect dust. I'm still open to the idea though.

Little update to my story. We were out this evening and I mentioned wanting to get a snub nose hammerless S&W .357 for a "bike riding" gun, and to have at home for her when I'm gone, and teaching her to shoot .38's through it. She got very excited, asked if we could go to the range right then, and also expressed interest in just sticking with .357's.
     We get home, enter our building and see the old man that acts as a janitor. He came up and appologized profusely for knocking on our door last night. :mad2:   The landlord never called either.

My wife and I are both very relieved it was just him, but she still wants a gun.

i know what you are saying. i own Obv amounts of guns but my shotgun is the only one with 100 less rounds through it. I bought it to sit next to my bed to handle shit.  

this is from 00 buck shot

racking a shot gun  and if you need it there you can have 4-9 shots of this.  Shotgun > handgun for HD. but having a handgun is better than no gun.
Remember evil things happen in the dark and noises are 95% of fear. from birth you are born with the instinct of fear of a racking shotgun.
G-TROOP
PURE EVIL!

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1551 on: May 14, 2010, 09:02:11 PM »
Quote from: yacqueli;3281106
from birth you are born with the instinct of fear of a racking shotgun.

This is signature material right here. :thup:

Offline yacqueli

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1552 on: May 15, 2010, 01:49:01 AM »
Quote from: couch;3281156
This is signature material right here. :thup:

hahahahah yes it is.
some one in this thread needs to get on that.
G-TROOP
PURE EVIL!

Offline hello there

• Formerly sameer
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1553 on: May 15, 2010, 03:41:11 AM »
Fucking shot gun as self defence? Are you ever actually willing to blow someone up with that thing?

Christ this thread is ridiculous.

Offline -MEAT-

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1554 on: May 15, 2010, 05:31:45 AM »
Quote from: STAndard63;3280811

except with a light

Does a muzzle brake work on a shotgun?
Quote from: Courtesy Flush;2749112
You insensitive prick.

Offline yacqueli

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1555 on: May 15, 2010, 10:35:30 AM »
Quote from: hello there;3281264
Fucking shot gun as self defence? Are you ever actually willing to blow someone up with that thing?

Christ this thread is ridiculous.

Yes, thats why i bought it.

By looking at your location it makes your opinion in this thread invalid.
thanks for playing though.
G-TROOP
PURE EVIL!

Offline yacqueli

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1556 on: May 15, 2010, 10:36:38 AM »
Quote from: -MEAT-;3281277
Does a muzzle brake work on a shotgun?

the idea behind it says yes but im not sure. might only work with slugs.
G-TROOP
PURE EVIL!

Offline hello there

• Formerly sameer
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1557 on: May 15, 2010, 10:51:56 AM »
I just can't fathom how much of a pussy you must be to have a shotgun as defence.

But hey, my British opinion is invalid.

Offline yacqueli

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1558 on: May 15, 2010, 10:54:58 AM »
Quote from: hello there;3281357
I just can't fathom how much of a pussy you must be to have a shotgun as defence.

But hey, my British opinion is invalid.

Do you own any guns?

Yep im a pussy because i own a shotgun. Read the last couple of post about HD and then you can talk. 80% of the time if you just rack it you will not need to use it.  But you coming from a country that has all your lads up in arms about flick knives, i would expect the you are pussy comment.
G-TROOP
PURE EVIL!

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #1559 on: May 15, 2010, 05:29:55 PM »

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #1559 on: May 15, 2010, 05:29:55 PM »

-->