Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1743079 times)

Offline dougrayflops

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #510 on: May 11, 2009, 04:35:03 PM »
Quote from: Thepoolman;2974467
the other day while out shooting photos, 3 little ghetto thugs decided to try and rob me at gunpoint.  i was in one of the nicer neighborhoods in the city. I was shooting a photo and they started talking to me, i paid half a mind to them and kept shooting,, when i put my camera down from my eye, it was replaced with a gun. i looked the kid in the eyes, scoffed and walked across the street. Ill be fucked if im going to let some little fuck try and steal a camera i worked my ass off for.  His friends were telling him to shoot me, i knew he didnt have the balls.  had i not had my camera in my hands( had it been around my neck) i would have beaten them with my umbrella.   Ive been thinking about getting a small gun to keep in my camera bag incase of this situation happening again. Im pretty sure that its illegal to carry in philadelphia, but its something i have to check out.  I might still get something to keep in my apartment.  I was looking at getting something compact and powerful, not   too expensive... similiar to the glock that couch was talking about. Can anyone point me in the right direction with what would be a good choice.  Thanks

Great, so with another gun in that situation at least someone would have got shot.

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #511 on: May 11, 2009, 04:37:52 PM »
Shut the fuck up and get out of a thread that you don't have any interest in.  You live in the UK and your view on guns is going to be different, don't bring them in here because no one cares.
L0F

Offline dougrayflops

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #512 on: May 11, 2009, 05:58:52 PM »
Chill, I find guns very interesting, always have. I used to go shooting with my old man when I was younger. Just don't see the point in having one now as there's nothing I want to shoot in the city and I have a young daughter at home. If you have an argument with what I actually said rather than an ill-informed vaguely xenophobic rant fire away slugger.

Offline PosiDave

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #513 on: May 11, 2009, 06:01:33 PM »
Quote from: Big Ben;2968419
When I was young, this was all the protection we needed

Courage Crew eh? You guys get a pretty bad rep.
Refs: Fresh, Smut, BMXican-Manny, Powersbikeshop, Bluebmx

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #514 on: May 11, 2009, 06:16:03 PM »
Quote from: dougrayflops;2974549
If you have an argument with what I actually said rather than an ill-informed vaguely xenophobic rant fire away slugger.

He could have had a gun and it could have went down the same way.  Pulling one's weapon is a last resort.

If Thepoolman felt he was surely about to get shot then he would have every right to defend his life.  Then we'd have one less thug robbing people at gunpoint on the streets.

Offline dougrayflops

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #515 on: May 11, 2009, 06:28:49 PM »
Quote from: wheelr;2974561
He could have had a gun and it could have went down the same way.  Pulling one's weapon is a last resort.

If Thepoolman felt he was surely about to get shot then he would have every right to defend his life.  Then we'd have one less thug robbing people at gunpoint on the streets.

I hear what you're saying and don't get me wrong. I'm guessing that he didn't feel he was surely about to get shot as he didn't hand over his camera. If he was sure he was gonna get shot (or even if he wasn't), if he had a gun in his possession and pulled it then either him or the ghetto kid would of been shot. As it went noone was. The kid might not even of had a live weapon. I'm not defending him, just pointing out that in this particular situation on reflection I'd have been glad I wasn't armed. Getting shot or shooting a kid would not have been a positive result. You get where I'm coming from? It just seems that this is one illustration where a gun wouldn't have been of benefit.

Offline poopipe

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #516 on: May 11, 2009, 06:42:45 PM »
Quote from: paulie;2963660
you can, anyone can apply for a rifle or shotgun license. several of my friends have shotguns, one's even a gunsmith.

the problem is you're not allowed to shoot anyone with it - even if they kicked your door down and raked your living room with machine gun fire you'd still end up in nick for waving anything vaguely resembling a peashooter at them. *

* possibly a slight exaggeration

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #517 on: May 11, 2009, 07:13:20 PM »
Quote from: dougrayflops;2974583
I hear what you're saying and don't get me wrong. I'm guessing that he didn't feel he was surely about to get shot as he didn't hand over his camera. If he was sure he was gonna get shot (or even if he wasn't), if he had a gun in his possession and pulled it then either him or the ghetto kid would of been shot. As it went noone was. The kid might not even of had a live weapon. I'm not defending him, just pointing out that in this particular situation on reflection I'd have been glad I wasn't armed. Getting shot or shooting a kid would not have been a positive result. You get where I'm coming from? It just seems that this is one illustration where a gun wouldn't have been of benefit.

We're speculating.  Again, he could have had a gun and the same thing could have occurred.  If things escalated even more he could have then used his weapon.

It is easy to say what the right choice is now that the incident is over.

Offline dougrayflops

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #518 on: May 11, 2009, 08:04:40 PM »
Quote from: wheelr;2974621
We're speculating.  Again, he could have had a gun and the same thing could have occurred.  If things escalated even more he could have then used his weapon.

It is easy to say what the right choice is now that the incident is over.

I really don't care enough about it to have a pointless tit-for-tat internet argument over it, you're pro-guns, I get it.

The point is we aren't speculating. The kid didn't have the nerve to shoot someone over a camera fortunately but he probably would have if they tried to pull a gun in defence. Things couldn't have escalated any more than the existing situation of having a gun in your face. The next step up is getting shot, which would probably happen if you try and draw your weapon when someone already has a gun at your head. I'm not saying guns can't be used for self defence, they obviously can, but this is an example where as chance would have it the situation would have ended worse, or at best the gun would have been useless anyway.

That's my position, if you don't agree that's fine.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #519 on: May 11, 2009, 11:50:31 PM »
Quote from: ilvmybicycle;2969956
un fired yugo sks that i got will be here onn monday

and my mosins are not chinese and not finish so im happy

my neighbor just picked up an unfired russian sks for dirt cheap and an ar15 for around 900,also i just picked up an m44 for 160 bucks.

Offline Thepoolman

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #520 on: May 12, 2009, 12:04:39 AM »
the kids were young. id say non of the three could have been older than 17/18. in all honesty if i had a weapon, i wouldnt have been able to get it until i walked away anyway. However, as i was walking away i would have been reaching for the gun instead of my phone and when they started running, i would have surely chased them down.  It's probably for the best I didnt.  I would have gotten myself into trouble.  

a lot of robberies tend to be intimidation. I think once these kids saw i wasnt having it, they knew it would be more work than just scaring me into giving them what they wanted. And decided that it wasnt worth it and that they could get caught or hurt.  Had the kids been older, me walking away might have pissed them off to the point they would shoot me.  

there are always what if's after something like that.  The situation worked out in my favor. The biggest thing that pissed me off is the cops took 20 minutes to show up, only to ask me all the things i told the operator on the phone,( including full descriptions of all 3 and the directions they ran in.)  then they decided to go look for them.  in 20 minutes time there was no chance of those kids being caught. They probably ran right home and continued their day like nothing happened.  Thats the sort of thing that makes me feel the need to defend myself. Apparently, the police have better things to do than take care of that for me.

Even to be able to injure the kid with the gun enough to hold him until the police came would be doing a service.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 12:06:26 AM by Thepoolman »

Offline TrainWreck

• Wants To Do Jeffro
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Post Your Guns
« Reply #521 on: May 12, 2009, 02:42:04 AM »
Quote from: Big Ben;2968419
When I was young, this was all the protection we needed

they about to start a circle jerk?
I STAY WINNING.

Offline PosiDave

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #522 on: May 12, 2009, 04:45:51 AM »
Quote from: TrainWreck;2975059
they about to start a circle jerk?

Ugh. Maybe if it were on ur face.
Cowardly folks those are not the Courage Crew guys I have meet were stand-up guys who got a bad rep because of a few people. same thing goes with DMS, BFL. However FSU sorta started a downfall to hardcore by jumping kids and being more thuggish then everyone. But whatever internet talk is cheap and you probably don't know anyone in courage crew. Yeah sure they are against drug dealers and pimps. But when the boondock saints did it in a movie 90% of the US loved the idea.

Anyways Back to the Gun Thread
anyone ever shoot a Remington r-25 308.?
I saw one today in person and it is pretty nice
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:35:23 PM by PosiDave »

Offline PosiDave

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #523 on: May 12, 2009, 01:34:28 PM »
http://home.suddenlink.net/news/read.php?id=16966790&ps=1011&cat=&cps=0&lang=en

Incest, Meth? whatever it was people like this is what fuels the fire of people hating guns. It is pretty fucked up that they aren't being charged with murder as of yet thou.

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #524 on: May 12, 2009, 01:40:12 PM »
MOST people hate guns because of media sensationalization.
L0F

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #524 on: May 12, 2009, 01:40:12 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello