Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 481558 times)

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Dead End

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1565
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #165 on: February 11, 2009, 10:50:10 AM »
Quote from: couch;2867112
Recommended caliber...?

I'm not a big guy, but I want something somewhat powerful that is still fun to shoot and manageable. I highly doubt I will use it alllll the time but I do want to be comfortable with it and have it be almost second nature to load it, and use it as necessary if the time comes. It will be more of a hobby type deal rather than hunting all the time. So if it feels like I'm slamming my hand in a door every time I shoot it it isnt a huge deal. As of right now I'm looking at the Taurus Tracker .44 Mag and a Glock 26 (9mm)as a backup. I also dont want rounds that arte tooo expensive if there is something cheaper and more fun to shoot. So basically something for home defense that is reliable (Glock) and/or something that is just a mean looking fun gun to shoot every now and again (Taurus). Would these calibers be ideal? should I go smaller/bigger...? I won't be shooting buffalo but I also dont want to have buyers remorse and wish I got something larger.


You really can't go wrong with a .38 special or a .45 in my opinion.  .44 Mag is expensive and 9mm won't do shit to stop someone.  9mm ammo is cheap, but so is .38 special.  If you wanna have fun i'd get a .357 revolver and just shoot .38 special all day.  You won't notice it and then you can also shoot .357 if you're feeling extra special.  .45ACP is about the best round and the 1911 gov't model type is one of the strongest, longest lasting auto (auto because it automatically loads the next round, unlike a revolver not as in you hold the trigger and it keeps firing) around.

Offline couch

  • ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 7655
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #166 on: February 11, 2009, 10:53:35 AM »
But the Taurus comes in ti for teh litewaitz!

I need to just go in the damn gun store and look around. Theres one across the street from my apartment.

Offline couch

  • ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 7655
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #167 on: February 11, 2009, 10:57:39 AM »
Oh, and Hank, change your damn avatar to one where D-Fense is holding the bag of guns, not the briefcase with the apple and sandwich.

Falling Down FTMFW!!! I used to live right up the street from the park he dumped the briefcase at. Wild shit goes down there all the time. Bodies being pulled from the water daily.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 10:58:44 AM by couch »

Offline wetheperson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1599
    • View Profile
    • http://
Post Your Guns
« Reply #168 on: February 11, 2009, 01:43:51 PM »
Quote from: Dead End;2867075
"assault rifle" is a made up term.  The definition of an Assault Rifle varies so much, not to mention it basically implies that its a military weapon, which are illegal if they are full auto (for 70 odd years).. unless of course you have the right FFL.


i'm pretty sure an assault rifle is a selectable fire rifle(semi-auto, full auto) that fires an intermediate round.(5.56x45, 7.62x39)

Offline Birdmane

  • nekbeerd
  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 9034
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #169 on: February 11, 2009, 01:50:09 PM »
Quote from: wetheperson;2867356
i'm pretty sure an assault rifle is a selectable fire rifle(semi-auto, full auto) that fires an intermediate round.(5.56x45, 7.62x39)


Yes but most politicians twist it to cover more than it really is.
L0F

Offline wetheperson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1599
    • View Profile
    • http://
Post Your Guns
« Reply #170 on: February 11, 2009, 01:50:36 PM »
Quote from: couch;2867112
Recommended caliber...?

I'm not a big guy, but I want something somewhat powerful that is still fun to shoot and manageable. I highly doubt I will use it alllll the time but I do want to be comfortable with it and have it be almost second nature to load it, and use it as necessary if the time comes. It will be more of a hobby type deal rather than hunting all the time. So if it feels like I'm slamming my hand in a door every time I shoot it it isnt a huge deal. As of right now I'm looking at the Taurus Tracker .44 Mag and a Glock 26 (9mm)as a backup. I also dont want rounds that arte tooo expensive if there is something cheaper and more fun to shoot. So basically something for home defense that is reliable (Glock) and/or something that is just a mean looking fun gun to shoot every now and again (Taurus). Would these calibers be ideal? should I go smaller/bigger...? I won't be shooting buffalo but I also dont want to have buyers remorse and wish I got something larger.


the tracker .44 mag is a blast to shoot.

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d98/shadrick/?action=view¤t=111.jpg" target="_blank">http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d98/shadrick/111.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

Offline wheelr

  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 8970
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #171 on: February 11, 2009, 02:20:37 PM »
Quote from: wetheperson;2867356
i'm pretty sure an assault rifle is a selectable fire rifle(semi-auto, full auto) that fires an intermediate round.(5.56x45, 7.62x39)

Yeah, one can get the rest of the story from the wikipedia article you just paraphrased. :p

Obviously some others here could use the read.

Offline pimpa$aurus

  • Tru Dappa
  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 6865
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #172 on: February 11, 2009, 02:31:27 PM »
Quote from: Neckbeard;2867116
The United States Constitution is the most respected and sought after written document concerning rights in the whole fucking world.  Every upcoming country past and future used it or will use it to base a democratic system off of.  First there was the Magna Carta, then there was The United States Constitution, that's all.


Just no. Im not going to go into it here but you don't have a fucking clue.

UN declaration of human rights?

Offline Admiral Ackbar

  • O.G. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 14867
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #173 on: February 11, 2009, 02:35:30 PM »
I want one of those little tiny pistols you see in the movies, like the ones the size of your palm.
Quote from: blueee;3557172
i went to a rave at a zoo one time. although i didnt give the dolphins heroin substitute

Offline Dead End

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1565
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #174 on: February 11, 2009, 03:12:22 PM »
Quote from: Neckbeard;2867362
Yes but most politicians twist it to cover more than it really is.


Yea thats what i was getting at.  An actual assualt rifle isn't what they call "assualt rifles"

Offline Birdmane

  • nekbeerd
  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 9034
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #175 on: February 11, 2009, 03:16:22 PM »
Quote from: pimpa$aurus;2867422
Just no. Im not going to go into it here but you don't have a fucking clue.

UN declaration of human rights?


I am correct.  You are not.  Just because your friends uncle sucks off some UN big wig doesn't mean you know everything.
L0F

Offline pimpa$aurus

  • Tru Dappa
  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 6865
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #176 on: February 11, 2009, 03:49:03 PM »
Quote from: Neckbeard;2867476
I am correct.  You are not.  Just because your friends uncle sucks off some UN big wig doesn't mean you know everything.


You joker. Such a respected document, black people being 3/5ths of a person and all that.

What about all the democratic systems that were around before the constitution was written? The US system of government is not the be all and end all, its not without its flaws.

UN Declaration of human rights/geneva conventions/declaration of the rights of the child > US Constitution.

Now fuck off.

Offline greenreese

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 3117
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #177 on: February 11, 2009, 03:51:34 PM »
Every thread about guns has to go turn into a dogshit war about politics at some point...

Here we go!
La Di Da Di

Offline Admiral Ackbar

  • O.G. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 14867
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #178 on: February 11, 2009, 04:05:09 PM »
The United States is not Europe.

Get over it.
Quote from: blueee;3557172
i went to a rave at a zoo one time. although i didnt give the dolphins heroin substitute

Offline eazy_tom

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1893
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2009, 05:11:59 PM »
Quote from: couch;2867112
Recommended caliber...?

I'm not a big guy, but I want something somewhat powerful that is still fun to shoot and manageable. I highly doubt I will use it alllll the time but I do want to be comfortable with it and have it be almost second nature to load it, and use it as necessary if the time comes. It will be more of a hobby type deal rather than hunting all the time. So if it feels like I'm slamming my hand in a door every time I shoot it it isnt a huge deal. As of right now I'm looking at the Taurus Tracker .44 Mag and a Glock 26 (9mm)as a backup. I also dont want rounds that arte tooo expensive if there is something cheaper and more fun to shoot. So basically something for home defense that is reliable (Glock) and/or something that is just a mean looking fun gun to shoot every now and again (Taurus). Would these calibers be ideal? should I go smaller/bigger...? I won't be shooting buffalo but I also dont want to have buyers remorse and wish I got something larger.

I would go with a Glock 19, or 23 for back up.
I would only get the Glock 26 if you were going to be carrying it on a daily basis. Small guns are less accurate and less fun to shoot,
so if you get something bigger like the 19 or 23 you can still have fun with it at the range.
I would suggest you go over to AR15.com and look around the forums a bit, you will definitely learn a thing or two.

Quote from: NUTZO V2.0;2867429
I want one of those little tiny pistols you see in the movies, like the ones the size of your palm.

A Deringer, I've seem people that had belt buckles made to hold them.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 05:13:57 PM by eazy_tom »
Get emmm!
tumblr yay

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2009, 05:11:59 PM »

 

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello