Multimedia

Author Topic: Posting bootleg videos.  (Read 115521 times)

Offline Friggerpants

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 03:27:43 PM »
Quote from: Benjamin
If it has been on t.v. a 'gazillion' times, I dont see the point in effort of ripping it and uploading it anyway...
But also people like fuel tv or whoever they have gottin permission from the company themselves to air the  video, so even if it has been shown on t.v. many times it still doesnt make it legal to rip it for others to see  so sheepdog could still most indefinetly get in trouble for it from either the company or his host.

I can't be arsed to turn the TV on?

Offline Dan

• View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 03:49:17 PM »
Quote from: Crid
No, but your still cheap.

you gotta be kidding me...

Offline Benjamin

• View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 03:55:54 PM »
Quote from: Friggerpants
I can't be arsed to turn the TV on?

It doesnt matter, its illegal and if its illegal you heard sheepdog.. no no or your tmp banned.

Offline Crid

• View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 04:12:05 PM »
Quote from: Dan
you gotta be kidding me...

No, I'm not.

He watches his freinds videos all of the time without ever buying any. I've got no problems with that, but he's cheap.

Offline Friggerpants

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 04:21:27 PM »
Quote from: Benjamin
It doesnt matter, its illegal and if its illegal you heard sheepdog.. no no or your tmp banned.

What's tmp?

Offline Benjamin

• View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 04:25:48 PM »
Quote from: Friggerpants
What's tmp?

'temporarily'

Offline hello there

• Formerly sameer
    • View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 04:55:15 PM »
It's a fair enough rule for the latest videos, cos that really pisses me off as well - and who the fuck am I? Like I saw links to All Day and some Shook videos and whatever else pretty much days after they were released, and that's indeed a very shitty thing to do.

BUT, banning people for posting something that nobody's really gonna go out and buy anymore is a bit harsh IMO. Anything older than like 6 months and it's out of date, really. A whole load of new shit'll be released and those who didn't buy it, probably won't.

But yeah whatever, rule's are rules.

darkrogue

Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2006, 06:27:27 PM »
Quote from: sameer
BUT, banning people for posting something that nobody's really gonna go out and buy anymore is a bit harsh IMO. Anything older than like 6 months and it's out of date, really. A whole load of new shit'll be released and those who didn't buy it, probably won't.

But yeah whatever, rule's are rules.

Laws are permanent, it doesn't matter "how old a video is" for it to be copyrighted...

Offline irish hoffman rider

• View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/sedbmx
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2006, 06:44:33 PM »
quite frankly i think sheep is right but crid im going over to watch roadfools 14 in my freinds house now just for you,
ron jermey loves you

Offline Crid

• View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2006, 06:49:58 PM »
Quote from: irish hoffman rider
quite frankly i think sheep is right but crid im going over to watch roadfools 14 in my freinds house now just for you,
I'm all for that. I invite my friends over to watch videos all of the time.

Offline el bmxican

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2006, 07:09:05 PM »
Quote from: Crid
I'm all for that. I invite my friends over to watch videos all of the time.

yeah, that's the point of watching vids. Friends catch stuff that you would other wise never see.

For example props year end 2001, there is a rider that does a 180 to double peg down the rail and his wallet falls out.

I wonder if he ever found his wallet:D

Locc to The Brain.
Hanna Montana is my bitch.

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2006, 08:29:07 PM »
Quote from: darkrogue
Laws are permanent, it doesn't matter "how old a video is" for it to be copyrighted...

Not true.

You are correct in this particular case.  But a copyright does not have an infinite life.

Offline sheepdog

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2006, 08:37:18 PM »
And to the moron who thought it would be funny to report this thread because "Yeah, I am horribly offened that you would ban people for spreading videos. Ever thought that the internet is the only place that some individuals can rely on for this stuff?"

I am not only horribly offended that you reported it, I am also offended that you are dumb enough to justify it this way, and that you think I am so mean for temporarily banning someone for BREAKING THE LAW that I have decided to ban you temporarily.

Why?
Because you did it to annoy me, or you are too stupid to realize that you are angry at me for keeping you and myself from getting sued.

Jeez some people are dense.

Edit:
Ha Ha.. his email address even mentions the Pope.. Hmm, I do not think the Pope would think you stealing videos is the right thing to do.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 08:38:31 PM by sheepdog »

Offline jared

• View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2006, 10:16:51 PM »
I think this rule is completely justifiyed(sp?). A company who puts out a long talked about video that they have put alot of effort and time just for some kid to copy it onto his computer and upload it onto Google Video sucks. And for someone on this site to spread it around more, and therefore potentially cost the company more profit on there product sucks aswell. Law is law, and there is no way to defy it. However, if I am not mistaken, Odyssey posted that video on Google. And RideBMX posted there "Drop The Hammer" video BECAUSE they knew it was outdated and noone was going to buy it. All in all, buy the video.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 10:21:57 PM by jared »
:dunno:

Offline STANDYOURGROUND

• View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2006, 10:45:39 PM »
Quote from: craig
^ They're not the ones ripping the videos, they are already on Google/Youtube/what have you.

Maybe if someone went into the video section and made a thread saying, "here, I just ripped such and such, you can all download it off me now instead of paying", then it would be a big deal. I don't see how posting links to existing content puts you at risk.

agree'd

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2006, 10:45:39 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello