Multimedia

Author Topic: Trusted/Un-trustworthy sellers  (Read 1299845 times)

Offline 180

• View Profile
Trusted/Un-trustworthy sellers
« Reply #1800 on: August 11, 2008, 12:48:28 AM »
So I bought MySlamsAreOlder King wheels nearly 2 months ago, like usual what seemed like a good deal turned into a nightmare. Wheels arrived quickly enough, not in the time he said but only a few days after, no problem. Upon further inspection the front wheel was missing over half the spokes(I knew it was missing some) and the nipples on both wheels were seized, he ma not have known this so no problem. Then I find a cracked adjustment cone, this is what basically holds the rear hub together. I test ride the wheel and find it loosens after only a few seconds of riding. So I swap the front and rear cones and take the wheel into work. Further inspecting it while trying to fit a 12t cog I find the flange is cracked, completely sideways through 2 spokes. I e-mail him and let him know my find, of course he said he had no idea. I call Chris King and talk to them about warranty, get an estimate for a new shell, $60 plus I add on a new cone to replace the cracked one he sent, $75 total for parts and labor plus $7 shipping back, since I run a shop they cut me a deal and we settle at $60. I PM MySlamsAreOlder and ask him to split the cost and paypal me $30, he tells me how he's super broke and would like to help but can't at the time. The following day I see he's made a WTB post for some parts, PM him again and of course they aren't for him, they're for a friend he's still broke.
Well 2 months have went by and he's yet to paypal me a single cent and i've already came out of pocket to completely fix the wheels.

Offline Matt_Foley

• View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: August 11, 2008, 12:54:10 AM »
Quote from: 180;2592106
So I bought MySlamsAreOlder King wheels nearly 2 months ago, like usual what seemed like a good deal turned into a nightmare. Wheels arrived quickly enough, not in the time he said but only a few days after, no problem. Upon further inspection the front wheel was missing over half the spokes(I knew it was missing some) and the nipples on both wheels were seized, he ma not have known this so no problem. Then I find a cracked adjustment cone, this is what basically holds the rear hub together. I test ride the wheel and find it loosens after only a few seconds of riding. So I swap the front and rear cones and take the wheel into work. Further inspecting it while trying to fit a 12t cog I find the flange is cracked, completely sideways through 2 spokes. I e-mail him and let him know my find, of course he said he had no idea. I call Chris King and talk to them about warranty, get an estimate for a new shell, $60 plus I add on a new cone to replace the cracked one he sent, $75 total for parts and labor plus $7 shipping back, since I run a shop they cut me a deal and we settle at $60. I PM MySlamsAreOlder and ask him to split the cost and paypal me $30, he tells me how he's super broke and would like to help but can't at the time. The following day I see he's made a WTB post for some parts, PM him again and of course they aren't for him, they're for a friend he's still broke.
Well 2 months have went by and he's yet to paypal me a single cent and i've already came out of pocket to completely fix the wheels.

I think I bought some badger bars off that dude and everything went smooth (however it could of been someone else haha).

Offline ilovemyeastern

• View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: August 11, 2008, 01:28:53 PM »
reebzor is a legit seller. I deff. recommand ppl do more business with him!
He's also a very fast shipper, shipped day after I sent the payment.

Offline 180

• View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: August 12, 2008, 08:07:44 PM »
Quote from: Harry Plopper;2592107
I think I bought some badger bars off that dude and everything went smooth (however it could of been someone else haha).

I don't think the guy is shady in general, he's made some decent deals I just think he dicked me, being he knew the flange was cracked or not he knew the adjusting cone was broken and he knew how many spokes were missing from the front wheel. And over the course of 2 months he could have came through with $30.

Offline Rotary7

• i<3Dehart
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ToothpasteSex
« Reply #1804 on: August 21, 2008, 04:46:28 PM »
Just got my sunday from big_papa_nutz.

Offline ilovemyeastern

• View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: August 28, 2008, 04:48:54 PM »
TCUB Names:
Fly Bikes
beerski
skavenger2009
Ice Cube
I Like Bikes
Micro

Bikeguide Names:
TylerB
Peter Griffin
cale76
PhilK
Fitseries3(2x)
reebzor
norcalbyker
ridin4evr
dstrctn
bmxican-manny
Bunky
simply wesley
xxkylexx
attactrl
Louis

Bmx-F Names:
joecop
Joelmerrit
abgolden(2x)
bmxmadness
stolenbmx14
Boney
563poverty
norcalbyker
Bike With Holes
Stay Cold
madeinchina
Okie Mike
pcoco
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 09:28:34 PM by ilovemyeastern »

Offline Peter Griffin

• View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: August 29, 2008, 10:20:49 PM »
raz bro is cool, he sent his money quick, i sent my stuff quick, good/clean deal

Offline JohnW

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: September 05, 2008, 09:42:04 PM »
xmidwestmikex

Good price, good communication (I had to remind him for things, but no problem), and was able to deal with my shipping demands due to some problems I've had.  I'd deal with him again.
My LAF
Quote from: super_chief;3602916
I put my nuts on that axle before it shipped, FYI

Offline dk14

• View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: September 05, 2008, 09:48:53 PM »
CMURDAx,GREAT guy! Sent quick,good comunication.Ill deal with him again.

Awsome,just bumping this up i guess?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:43:15 PM by dk14 »

Offline Rotary7

• i<3Dehart
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ToothpasteSex
« Reply #1809 on: September 05, 2008, 11:08:40 PM »
brian itzaina and fitseries3 are goodies. Just got my stuff from Brian today,super nicely packed,cleaned and in better condition then the pictures.

Offline CMURDAx

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bmxfreak1
« Reply #1810 on: September 08, 2008, 03:33:22 PM »
dk14 and brian itzania both good guys. would deff deal with both again
Refs In Bio.

Offline Bunky

• Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: September 10, 2008, 12:01:03 AM »
Dealt with 180 again, just for a lever and everything was great

JohnBlev - super good with selling me a frame when I paid first and he shipped quickly with a copy of the reciept/tracking.  Would deal with him again mainly based off of his ability to return PM's quickly.

asianpersuasion - sold him some stuff for cheap and went good.

razz-b - always been good to me.
Quote from: G
this website is essentially an irrelevant back-water of the internet

Offline Stirni

• View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: September 13, 2008, 06:23:56 AM »
hi!
is shelbmx520 a trustable user? want to trade my frame with him and i live in germany :/
She told me to try and look at life from her point of view. - So i looked out the kitchen window.

Offline Séance

• formerly americanethics
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: September 13, 2008, 05:42:21 PM »
RoyalOne is legit. The seat I purchased is in pristine condition. Fast shipping as well.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 10:47:08 PM by Séance »

Offline Buzz Killington

• Formerly flybikesrider19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: September 14, 2008, 08:12:43 PM »
Razz-B is a great seller.

Shipped my frame next day, packaged nicely and still had the warrenty card intact.
Quote from: 20AMJ;2776750
I am a thick headed moron.

I also have the clap.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #1814 on: September 14, 2008, 08:12:43 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello