Multimedia

Author Topic: email to the city about slippery concrete  (Read 3731 times)

Offline blueee

• Dumbest, Ugliest, Rattiest spot searching master on bikeguide
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=141705194
email to the city about slippery concrete
« on: April 05, 2018, 10:39:38 PM »
hey, I'm a XXXCity resident and an avid bmx rider. I notice more and more skateparks popping up. a lot of them probably lack input from the people who actually use them as kids and young adults don't keep up with what the city is doing. well I hear you guys are building a new skatepark in XXXCity and a huge problem me and my fellow bmx riders have had with this wave of recently built skateparks is that the concrete is way too slippery, it is dangerously slippery and we have to change our riding style to accommodate this extremely slick concrete. I know there's a balance out there between the high speed slick concrete and the old regular concrete (which grips). could you please forward this concern to both the contractor building the park and also the city working representing this skatepark project.

I should also add a part about having a couple quarters and wedges bigger than 3ft tall

Offline JFax

• View Profile
Re: email to the city about slippery concrete
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 02:44:05 AM »
I would personally say Hi, hello or Dear Sir/XXX instead of hey.

Good idea though. Around my parts they use course concrete that almost feel like gravel when you hit it sometimes. I would imagine that they could somehow roughen up the surface to make it better even though they use super fine concrete when building it.
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 03:12:16 AM »
To whom it may concern,

I am a proud resident of Methville and an avid BMX enthusiast. I have noticed an increase in the amount of concrete skate & BMX facilities in the area. I suspect that a lot of the facilities provided don't see a lot of crucial input from the two largest demographics (youth and long-time enthusiasts) prior to construction. I have heard that a new facility is to be provided in Methberb and as a member of the latter group I would like to offer some constructive criticism whilst it is timely - The lack of traction of the finished surface found in the facilities provided thus far. For BMX riders the surface is potentially dangerously slipperly and we find we cannot use it to it's full potential. We find we have to forego performing certain techniques due to this extremely slick concrete. While super smooth concrete is often preferred as it allows higher speeds of travel, there has to also be enough traction for safety and we implore that this important aspect be taken into account when choosing a surface finish (or lack thereof) and with this in mind humbly request that this issue be stressed to the personnel involved in construction of the facility as well as the local government department responsible for these facilities.

Regards,
Carlos The Jackal

P.S. I'm going to light this doobie up and set up the car jump if you guys wanna come over with some beers

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 03:12:16 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special