Multimedia

Author Topic: Lower back issues  (Read 6235 times)

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Lower back issues
« on: August 30, 2017, 02:13:30 PM »
I've been relatively lucky as far as back issues stemming from riding until a few weeks ago I put my foot down on an under rotated 360 and felt the force of the impact travel up my leg to my lower back and feels like something may be out of alignment or something. It's been bothering me ever since. I'll stop riding for a few days and it'll get better but as soon as I start riding again and try a rotating trick the pain will come right back.

Does anyone that's dealt with something similar have any advice as far a back strengthening exercises or anything that might help?

Offline KirkShearer

• View Profile
Re: Lower back issues
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 02:53:06 PM »
Yikes, well, on a similar note I used to have to crack my back every 10 - 30 minutes to ride, for YEARS. Since I quit drinking 90 days ago, and switched my diet to Vegan: 'Electric Foods' strictly, I haven't had any back pain since. I think it all leads back to eliminating toxins/free radicals; not ingesting caffeine, acidic or sugary shit because it shocks the shit outta your cells, also eating meat is eating dead and tortured cells, annnd
 that leads to your body re-creating it's own DNA worse than it was before, instead of better.
Less toxins combined with the electric foods really help your brain/body bridge those gaps, and improve existing connections.

My back AND neck used to hurt like @%&#?!! Now I ride a 1000ft climb to class twice a week on my Bmx bike with a 15lb backpack on. Now I need to work on my legs not hurting after climbing hehehe :D

Offline O.G. David

• View Profile
    • http://vimeo.com/user576863
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 04:18:13 PM »
Wish you a sooner than later recovery. You could be riding painless in a month but my advice is to stay careful with it and how it feels from now on. I have a few things i always keep an eye on now: right scapula, right ankle, left wrist and more random things like an open bite, fragile ears... Now trying to forget about all that and keep riding this life, T1 Barcode will be here by Christmas!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 04:20:51 PM by O.G. David »

Offline LeonLikesToRock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 09:34:12 PM »
Stretch your hamstings a bunch and try hanging upside down (inversion therapy?). I find that the hamstring stretches make the biggest difference to my lower back issues. Some foods like tumeric can reduce inflammation but I'm not sure if that'd help your back. Might be worth looking into though.
Hangovers and trains

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 10:29:45 PM »
One of the better physical therapy exercises for my back was:
Laying on your back with knees comfortably bent and together (so your ankles are closer to your ass).
Tighten your gut and push your back to the ground.
Then lift your arms up so they are straight up, with your stomach still flexed pushed towards the ground, move your arms (still outstretched) towards your hips and then towards your head. The angle of this movement will be less than 45°
Do like 50 of these. Add weights if you feel better.

Google the pigeon yoga pose. Lying on your stomach, pull your foot towards your ass and hold. Get a foam roller too. 

Offline jonathan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 10:07:48 PM »
I recently went through a bout of lower back pain and mountain biking. long story, but...
a. my spine was fckd. I don't know how to straighten that out other than the skilled hands of a chiropractor, which is what I have been doing.

b. weak abs, over-developed quads, weak hammies= lower back hell. guess what riding a bike as your main form of exercise does! exaggerated lumbar lordosis creeps in and really hurts after a while. my chiro taught me how to strengthen those things, but so could any physical trainer or self-guided training with a lot of self-discipline.

c. don't focus on stretching your hammies -- strengthen them. squats, lunges, etc.

every person's situation is different and there could be a ton of different things going on, like Ruben Alcantara's jaw issue. in my case and probably for many of you, it's a matter of spinal alignment and muscle imbalances.

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 03:08:54 PM »
Gotta deadlift, man.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 02:04:11 PM »
In a jerking slouched position to be exact.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 02:04:11 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special