Multimedia

Author Topic: Interbike 2016  (Read 31134 times)

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Interbike 2016
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2016, 02:57:32 AM »
That's kind of a shame, I genuinely thought that there was just hardly any parts coming out anymore as it was pretty on it, but it did sort of kill the 'bike shop' forum in here.

Hope this means a revival for here.

Offline Mat.

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2016, 11:30:12 AM »
That blue WTP cruiser looks like it'd be fun to rip around on at the local woods but why the fuck would they give it a 1 inch threaded head tube?

That's just the worst, really. They kept it because "heritage" I guess, and then they spec V-brakes?  Hopefully you never have to replace the damn gooseneck. Can you still buy new 1" quill BMX stems? There's so much more inch and an eighth shit out there. They had to go to extra hassle to make it so much worse.

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2016, 12:29:37 PM »
In the words of Al Murray: 'let's go backwards together.'

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2016, 02:18:20 PM »
Haro said they wouldn't make this....but now if the minimum (100) is met they will actually produce them...man I wish I had the money for this haha

http://flatlandfuel.com/haro2017lineage990forkwithpegs.aspx

Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline (jeff)

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2016, 09:45:46 PM »
Why does every frame have seatstays that meet toptubes?

Offline Dr. Steve Brule

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2016, 03:07:34 AM »

Probably helps with the spacing for these stupid wide tyres people have nowadays.

Offline LeonLikesToRock

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2016, 06:09:05 AM »

It's a grand conspiracy to make T1s even more radballs.
Hangovers and trains

Offline Louis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2016, 03:02:11 PM »
Haro said they wouldn't make this....but now if the minimum (100) is met they will actually produce them...man I wish I had the money for this haha

http://flatlandfuel.com/haro2017lineage990forkwithpegs.aspx

[img]http://flatlandfuel.com/images/products/detail/IMG_7647.JPG

Chrome only is kinda weird but makes sense I guess

Offline chubbs

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2016, 03:41:25 PM »
What a horribly disappointing thread.

Offline Hairfarmer

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2016, 04:02:34 AM »
Seems like the bmx innovation period is over and it's now just colour variations taking over. Probably the reason why the new old school stuff is making a comeback, led by Haro. John is doing good things there and my Facebook is on fire with Haro pictures these days.

Offline BonerhasBent

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2016, 11:32:02 AM »
Seems like the bmx innovation period is over and it's now just colour variations taking over. Probably the reason why the new old school stuff is making a comeback, led by Haro. John is doing good things there and my Facebook is on fire with Haro pictures these days.

This is 100% right, IMO. BMX bikes now days are rock solid and about as simple as you can get. Yes, some new innovative products will be produced in the future, but for the most part BMX product innovation is done. The fact that there are too many BMX companies, manufacturing parts, out of the same factory's in Taiwan, will force many companies to go away. I don't think its going to be sustainable for many companies, and i believe a lot will be gone in the coming years. Haro is defiantly doing well by knocking on the hearts of the first generation of BMX enthusiasts. But its isn't sustainable either. I don't know a damn kid who wanted to ride a Haro from the mid 90's and newer. What then? The money that Haro is making off this old school trend, needs to be put back into BMX, but I know this will never happen, Haro is owned by a conglomerate that doesn't give two shits about BMX.
IMO the companies still alive today, need to pull away from the product and put into getting kids stoked on what BMX is about. How this is accomplished? Who fucking knows.

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2016, 03:38:54 PM »
Where have all the good men gone and where are all the Gods? Where's the street-wise Hercules to fight the rising odds? Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed? Late at night I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need. I need a hero, I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night. He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast and he's gotta be fresh from the fight.

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2016, 04:03:11 PM »
Where have all the good men gone and where are all the Gods? Where's the street-wise Hercules to fight the rising odds? Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed? Late at night I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need. I need a hero, I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night. He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast and he's gotta be fresh from the fight.

Kelly Clarkson?

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2016, 01:05:47 AM »

Kelly Clarkson?

Er, Kevin Beercan I believe. He has a lovely voice but a bit feminine tbh. Is there anything that man can not do?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mA4W1Ayd1jE

Offline blueee

• Dumbest, Ugliest, Rattiest spot searching master on bikeguide
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=141705194
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2016, 12:25:20 PM »
Seems like The Merged isnt posting that much anymore
Eastern got a ti-grim reaper frame again

holy fuck i cracked my frame right in fucking time!

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2016, 12:25:20 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special