Multimedia

Author Topic: Odyssey Clutch wobble  (Read 18418 times)

Offline Horror Contact

• View Profile
Odyssey Clutch wobble
« on: June 15, 2016, 02:07:43 PM »
There was an old thread here- http://www.bikeguide.org/forum/index.php/topic,221108.0.html

Was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so, has anyone figured a way to correct or what may be causing the issue?
REFS-
Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9 (2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones

Offline Stoked

• dood.sweet
    • View Profile
Re: Odyssey Clutch wobble
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 02:14:56 PM »
I got a replacement through warranty but that hub also had the wobble.  I just ignore the wobble now because life goes on.  Overall the hub is sick but was never able to figure out why there's a slight wobble
Quote from: i am hollywood;3458649
The Ezra 'Q' freecoaster should be out in time to put on your 2012 christmas list

Offline Bunky

• Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 03:04:25 PM »
#becausefreecoaster
Quote from: G
this website is essentially an irrelevant back-water of the internet

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 10:23:14 AM »
There shouldn't be a wobble. Make sure you have the bolts fully tight first. If your spokes are super super super tight, then you can try letting them back to a more reasonable tension. Otherwise try to narrow down where the problem is a little more.
:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline theboredbmxer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 05:24:06 AM »
Sigh.... So were pulling the user install error card again. Read about this problem elsewhere, and slack adjusters exploding/straight not holding slack adjustment. But Jim Bauer and Nuno swore you had the best bike parts on the planet, what gives? My marmoset wobbles and ratchet skips, no more odyssey/gsport shit on this dudes bike.
R.I.P. Oz

Offline MSBNL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 01:40:54 PM »
Sigh.... So were pulling the user install error card again. Read about this problem elsewhere, and slack adjusters exploding/straight not holding slack adjustment. But Jim Bauer and Nuno swore you had the best bike parts on the planet, what gives? My marmoset wobbles and ratchet skips, no more odyssey/gsport shit on this dudes bike.

My Marmoset developed a wobble after a few years, so I replaced an axle collar and the bearings. My Ratchet skipped, so I took out the driver, cleaned the pawls, spring and engagementring. No reason to start buying new parts and bash on gsport. Quality parts also need maintenance every now and again.

Offline Stoked

• dood.sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 01:50:12 PM »
Two clutch hubs with wobble that had a few days of riding on em...I'm not replacing shit and shouldn't have to.  Spoke tension is fine and both wheels built by a shop
Quote from: i am hollywood;3458649
The Ezra 'Q' freecoaster should be out in time to put on your 2012 christmas list

Offline theboredbmxer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 03:02:42 PM »
That's special, I replaced axle, bearings and collars and it got worse. I take apart the ratchet all the damn time and triflow it, still skips. How do you explain all the no name Taiwan hubs I've had that ran perfectly without a teardown for a year plus. First hub I ever had that skipped was an odyssey v2 coincidently.

And like dude said above, I shouldn't have to do shit to them, I paid full price on release of the ratchet and empire laced it, should I have to pay more for it to work? Also, who wants to run a floppy donkey dick loose spoked wheel. Shadow Conspiracy wheels don't even do that shit.

And really, I know how to work on my damn bike
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 03:05:49 PM by theboredbmxer »
R.I.P. Oz

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 07:41:53 PM »
My shadow wheels are dope!

The gsport and odyssey hubs I've had in the past were not as nice despite being virtually the same fucking design as the shadow hubs I've got now.

Offline theboredbmxer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 09:37:31 PM »
I certainly don't have anything against shadow, just seems like most around here have a less than favorable view of their stuff, which makes it all the more lol.
R.I.P. Oz

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 01:30:13 AM »
Really wanted a clutch but they sold out too fast. Friends that got them had issues with them so decided against it and got the Salt, very good hub. Ran gsport marmoset and ratchet before. Both hubs ran super smooth and were super strong, but the ratchet drivers were aweful. Ran four of them over the years. Kept breaking and they would come loose. Had to mod them to work
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline Horror Contact

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 12:15:25 AM »
I noticed that when I pull on the chain to make it tighter, seems like the wobble is much less.  But should that really make a difference as to how tight or loose the chain is?
REFS-
Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9 (2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones

Offline badlight

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 10:35:23 AM »
I noticed that when I pull on the chain to make it tighter, seems like the wobble is much less.  But should that really make a difference as to how tight or loose the chain is?

Well, having the chain tight probably causes the driver to deflect in relation to the axle,  preloading the wobble, making it seem like its wobbling less.

Offline getzfafive

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2016, 11:56:31 AM »
I have a little wobble in my clutch, but whats worse is random engagement doing backward peg wheelies.  I can do a full back pedal, to ensure everything is full disengaged and then go into a backwards peg wheelie.  After rolling for about 10 feet the hub will enage for no apparent reason and the cranks start spinning. 

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 12:17:56 PM »
I have a little wobble in my clutch, but whats worse is random engagement doing backward peg wheelies.  I can do a full back pedal, to ensure everything is full disengaged and then go into a backwards peg wheelie.  After rolling for about 10 feet the hub will enage for no apparent reason and the cranks start spinning.

Fuckin Ghost Rider bud

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 12:17:56 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello