Multimedia

Author Topic: Sunday  (Read 18968 times)

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
Re: Sunday
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 10:37:01 AM »
The BMX market has moved a lot towards complete bikes and we have had to put a lot of emphasis on that for Sunday. With any new part we have to decide if it will be Sunday or Odyssey or G-Sport. Sunday is where our high end frames are but otherwise it tends to be "conservative" budget parts. We have innovated (like with the beefier single wall rims) with Sunday where we need a lower price part that still works well enough to ride hard, but the more advanced parts will always be Odyssey or G-Sport. To be honest, I dont understand it that well myself, but as long as I get to work on new products I'm happy to see it with any name on it.

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline Oddity

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 12:43:55 PM »
It's cool some of the "catalogue" parts come from Odyssey's catalogue

Offline metalbmxer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 04:26:45 PM »
The BMX market has moved a lot towards complete bikes and we have had to put a lot of emphasis on that for Sunday. With any new part we have to decide if it will be Sunday or Odyssey or G-Sport. Sunday is where our high end frames are but otherwise it tends to be "conservative" budget parts. We have innovated (like with the beefier single wall rims) with Sunday where we need a lower price part that still works well enough to ride hard, but the more advanced parts will always be Odyssey or G-Sport. To be honest, I dont understand it that well myself, but as long as I get to work on new products I'm happy to see it with any name on it.

:)
G.

yeah it's a little confusing that the brands essentially crossover--odyssey/gsport for high end parts, Sunday for lower end parts. and then back to Sunday for top of the line frames.

I've been a fan of yours G since before Gsport came under odsy and always get your latest offerings whether it's the birdcage rims, clutch hub, or keychain. good shit G keep it up

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2016, 10:05:47 AM »
I think the Aaron Ross frame is great now. There's something I just dont like about my forecaster. If I throw it off a bridge and it breaks can I warranty it?

Offline montymitch

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2016, 10:37:59 AM »
There's something I just dont like about my forecaster. If I throw it off a bridge and it breaks can I warranty it?

Haha, I held a bitter hatred for my Forecaster. I couldn't ever put my finger one exactly why I didn't like it, but I went back to my 2nd Wave and have no regrets about selling the Forecaster.

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2016, 10:37:55 PM »
I liked when there were companies that specialized in making only frames and maybe bars or forks and there were parts companies that made the other stuff. Now it seems like all companies make everything.

This. It made pro bike checks that much more interesting. You got to see what your pros really wanted to ride vs. 'these are the list of parts that come on the complete bike we also offer which is just a slightly downgraded version'.

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 10:07:48 AM »
I regret selling my forecaster. If I could get a 20" Sunday frame I would
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline RAILS!

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 03:20:35 AM »
I'm still riding a 20.5" Vinnie Sammon first wave. It's fucking great.
Quote from: Liam;3498857
You need to calm down before you end up eating your own sh*t in a cave with a tinfoil hat on.

Offline JohnW

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2017, 09:37:25 AM »
I'm still riding a 21" original Sunday. I kinda want to upgrade to a new Sunday next year after how well it's held up. I've twisted and cracked other frames, and cracked dropouts. None of that has happened on my Sunday and I haven't seen anyone else close to competing with features like the hollow dropouts.
My LAF
Quote from: super_chief;3602916
I put my nuts on that axle before it shipped, FYI

Offline Boomhauer

• Least Favourite JUGGALO by far
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2017, 03:23:22 AM »
I'm still riding a 21" original Sunday. I kinda want to upgrade to a new Sunday next year after how well it's held up. I've twisted and cracked other frames, and cracked dropouts. None of that has happened on my Sunday and I haven't seen anyone else close to competing with features like the hollow dropouts.
They are pretty dialed frames, not the best I've ridden but still top 3 and the warranty dept. is top notch  but I was still expecting a bit longer life span out of my Soundwave frames with all the engineering behind them but everything can break and they did last quite a while.
Quote from: Bink;3116353
Yeah, f**k that.  Grind everything.
Quote from: skateparkrider;3612141
The gussets are awesome.  My wife has been needing my name carved into her for about a decade.

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2017, 10:57:44 PM »
I was for sure a big fan of the "Jim C" Sunday era.  But I don't think there has been a single team in BMX history that has been "on top of the game" or at it's peak for more than a decade.  The younger kids seem to be stoked on the Sunday team now and the way the team/brand is marketed.  So I guess that is really more important in the long run. 
Quote from: bluemeate;3457724
session a quarter everyday!

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2017, 10:57:44 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special