Multimedia

Author Topic: Harry Main Explains  (Read 26080 times)

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
Re: Harry Main Explains
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2016, 04:01:29 PM »
Triple bar flair whip button

Offline meathead

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2016, 04:24:36 PM »
makes you turn into a scouse cunt with shit tattoos..

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2016, 11:16:02 AM »
rick thorne comes out of retirement

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2016, 12:18:12 AM »
Human sacrifice
Cats and dogs living together
Mass hysteria

Offline Sasha

• Pro_Tom
  • Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2016, 03:53:12 PM »
Rear wheel axle is also the bottom bracket.

Offline Wolf Blitzer

• a prick
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2016, 06:16:40 PM »
Thinking that all shops are out to hurt kids and their wallets is a bit harsh. We have albes in Michigan, who in general have created a huge scene in Detroit, and our local shops are pretty helpful as well. They do what they can with the budget their given for bmx.

Harry main also drives an rs3, the lucky prick.
Quote from: Panda-san;3302311
im black and i ride bmx

so that means it was me ?

Quote from: SlushPUP;3302314
yes, give it back

Offline tim_sch

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2016, 08:40:20 AM »
1" standover height must be the new special feature

Offline nwcstn

• British Juggalo
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2016, 11:26:45 AM »
how these shops are also a hub for the scene of an area

I never bought this. Shops give themselves way too much credit for creating and nurturing scenes. It is like some fucked up guilt trip attempt to create brand loyalty.
Scenes can support shops but shops don't really support a scene. They can sell shit. That's what a retailer does. Sell shit well, compete well.

Harry Main is selling bikes direct to get kids into riding... 'Cos you know, that's a market that knows how to put a bike together from scratch. Skipping steps like retailers and wholesalers means you've got less to cover your ass when your cheap bike comes out of the box fucked.

Fair game to him but I don't see it working out.
While I agree with you about most shops, its not always the case. A shop can certainly give back,and a good one understands that not only are things about more than money, but building a scene is good for business.

Its an extreme example, but you cannot deny that Empire has built a scene.

You could add Goods in Portland to that list too. Anyone who thinks BMX shops don't help scenes is crazy. Shad has done a lot for the North West scene.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2016, 05:14:31 PM »
I remember many, many years ago when I still had a BMX, the shop in my home town put on a jam at the local dirt jumps and got the Primo team to come out. That was cool. Don't know what they're doing now, but I think they're pushing big bikes a lot over BMX. Adults have money, most kids don't.
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline cmc4130

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2016, 01:04:31 AM »
When I was a grom rider, I really appreciated the "How To's" in the magazine.

Harry Main does How To's.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFN5lC9MUBY

Hell, a few years ago, I really appreciated Chase Hawk's "How to Motowhip" https://vimeo.com/34120528 and Tom Dugan's "How to Air a Quarter." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6KTGlsrNZ8 Those two guys aren't natural talkers on camera, are they?  ;)

Offline LeonLikesToRock

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2016, 02:04:12 AM »
While I agree with you about most shops, its not always the case. A shop can certainly give back,and a good one understands that not only are things about more than money, but building a scene is good for business.

Its an extreme example, but you cannot deny that Empire has built a scene.

I think you mean that you can't deny that Empire has built a ramp. Empire is great but it isn't 9th St, House Park, several street spots, your favourite and any number of other riders combined with the ridiculous growth of that city. I would say the other points have a lot more to do with a scene than a shop/mailorder. Certainly not saying Empire isn't a great shop. I'm saying it isn't the Austin BMX scene (even if it is that scene's favourite shop).

Being a BMX shop that doesn't have a local presence is retail suicide, as I'm sure we'd all agree. That shop depends on the scene for business, so you can't say whatever support they give is more than money as it is an attempt to create brand loyalty and/or advertise (and there is nothing wrong with that!). The BMX scene doesn't depend on a local shop (unless that shop happens to be one of the only places to ride) it depends on people riding. So as nice as that cool shop is, it isn't the scene.

What I was saying is that the impact of this riders choice to get a Harry Main bike direct over an FBM from that hard working local shop does not hurt BMX. It hurts a local shop and a company which could not compete in this case. That kid is just as likely to be riding his direct Harry main bike as he is to be riding his hard working local shop bike.The riding is the same, so the effect on BMX is the same. Sucks for the local shop and company, but that's retail not BMX.

A while back Vein BMX opened and Solid stopped making frames. Now, both of those things should have been fucking terrible for BMX, right? Shops and core brands are apparently a big part of BMX. Neither did fuck all to BMX. Might've had a small effect on the retail BMX business for a minute there, but no one stopped riding over it.

Hangovers and trains

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2016, 03:20:33 PM »
I'm still of the mind that we should support the community in a direct and personal sense. If I buy a pair of Lotek, in a small part of my minds recesses I think I helped Jason Enns keep getting shoes.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2016, 03:20:33 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello