Multimedia

Author Topic: Mobiles uk  (Read 8986 times)

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Mobiles uk
« on: August 27, 2015, 09:23:09 AM »
That time again.

So after like 17 years I'm thinking fuck Vodafone.

I hear 3 do a sim only for unlimited mins, txts and data for £27 which is the best I've seen so far.

Am rocking an iPhone 4 and not too fussed about changing it except for a waterproof Sony Experia and most likely the compact version, I think 3 do that all for like £35.

So any ideas on what phones are good? Is it worth getting a new iPhone? Are there any awesome deals you know about or have you used an Experia and I so what are they like?

Offline Dr. Steve Brule

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mobiles uk
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 11:17:40 AM »
Giff gaff.

Offline Finn the Human

• Algebraic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 12:06:56 PM »
I went with EE for 4g. £20 a month for 4gb data, unlimited other stuff. Paid £230 for a Oneplus One phone. Its been tits.

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 12:27:42 PM »
Giff gaff.

I thought that ship had sailed, will look into.

Offline Allah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 01:59:29 PM »
Moto G on Giff Gaff.
"Who knows what Ruben actually does?" Garrett Byrnes

45th Generation Roman.

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 05:09:42 AM »
I'm on GiffGaff with a Nexus 5 I got for £200 when they were selling them off cheap over a year ago. Been really good and saved me a lot of money compared to a contract.
But I also have a Three Sim which I use in the US and really do make a huge saving on data roaming (last trip I used data that would have cost over £6k on GiffGaff and only cost £20). I would happily go with Three all the time IF there was any signal in my house...

If you travel outside the EU then check the countries Three covers within the plan, if you go outside those areas too then you really need an unlocked phone so you can use a local SIM.

I need a new phone soon too and am looking for reputable places to buy unlocked UK phones too if anyone has any suggestions?

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 06:09:22 AM »
I'd have to think hard when the last time I left London was let alone the country so I'm not too fussed about roaming.

I am hearing that the 3 reception is terrible.

Cex for buying phones?

Offline Sasha

• Pro_Tom
  • Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 08:39:03 AM »
I've been with Three for a fair amount of time. They're good.

Offline Finn the Human

• Algebraic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 01:59:05 PM »
I need a new phone soon too and am looking for reputable places to buy unlocked UK phones too if anyone has any suggestions?

G.

£220 + a few quid for postage. 3gb ram, 64gb storage, no SD card, 4g and runs without all the usual bloat bullshit.

https://oneplus.net/uk/oneplus-one

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 04:49:27 PM »

G.

£220 + a few quid for postage. 3gb ram, 64gb storage, no SD card, 4g and runs without all the usual bloat bullshit.

Thanks, but 4g bands are EITHER "USA" or "Worldwide". USA wont work well for me here or in Taiwan, worldwide version wont work well in USA... Plus I really want a great camera. Done a fair bit of searching and so far S6 definitely looks like the best bet, though I wish it had a bigger screen and was waterproof, but hey you cant have everything... Tempted by dual SIM version but doesn't seem worth the extra cash and worried it will be a slightly downgraded version for developing markets....

G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline MEAT

• I AM THE LAW
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 08:47:27 PM »
My waterproof Sony phone isn't quite as waterproof as advertised,  learned that the hard way. Consider them 'splashproof',  it's no gopro.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 08:57:16 PM »

G.

I can attest that this is an absolutely great phone. I have one (although it's currently in a drawer, lack of a waterproof case makes it a no go for field work) and I'm running Paranoid Android on it and couldn't be happier.

Was a big step up from the Nexus 5 I had before that, although the 5.5" screen takes some getting used to,
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2015, 04:34:08 AM »
I'm a fan of HTC phones, currently on the One mini, and my previous One S is still going after 3.5 years or so. Good tech, decent price, and I throw mine all of the place and they are fine
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2015, 05:55:43 AM »
My waterproof Sony phone isn't quite as waterproof as advertised,  learned that the hard way. Consider them 'splashproof',  it's no gopro.

In that case I'll stick with my iPhone 4.

Have ordered a giff gaff sim. 3 just sounds bad in London from the people I've spoken to.

Cheers for your helps!

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2015, 05:55:43 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special