Multimedia

Author Topic: quick crank questions  (Read 6052 times)

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
quick crank questions
« on: June 02, 2015, 11:22:24 AM »
1. do i NEED a profile crank puller to remove profile cranks? i have euro bb

2. i have a pedal stuck in the insert of a powerbite and have tried tightening it more and then undoing x10... what's next?

3. because i'm a complete boner i put my (sprocket bolt) profile's on the wrong way and only just noticed when i put some new pedals on. it's been fine tho so apart from the pedals being the wrong way round is it a problem? it doesn't seem to be although i will change them round anyway.

Offline JFax

• View Profile
Re: quick crank questions
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 01:20:25 PM »
1. I dont know if they changed it, but my profile came with a bolt to hammer on, not pull. To screw that one in and bang on it is easiest, but anything else that butts on the splindle which you can hammer on will do.

2. No idea.

3. Not a problem on steel crank arms if you keep the pedals tight. My friend has ridden like that for years, he just switched the pedal bodies around. Lochtigh is your friend for this though, otherwise they come loose like all the time.
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 05:47:22 PM »
1. No. But you will probably destroy the bearings hammering them apart so be prepared to replace them.

2. Keep turning, with mine the insert always used to start coming out, then stop and the pedal would eventually come out of the insert. A soak in penetrating oil wont hurt too if you haven't already.

3. Not sure I am following your description here, is your left arm on the right and vice-versa? If so, it is usually fine IF the pedals are good and tight, but as soon as a pedal starts coming loose STOP riding it, it will strip out very fast once there is any looseness.

4. Why is there no number four?

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 03:59:40 AM »
Aha, best get a crank remover jobby then.

I'll have another go at just undoing it then, I was worried the insert would come out with it an then I'd be stuck.

Yep, right in left, they have sprocket holes on each which is why I didn't notice at first. I'll swap it round then so I can forget it.

Cheers both!

Offline badlight

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 08:55:24 AM »
Dont think there are threads in Profile arms. Meaning youre going to have to hammer them out anyway.

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 10:22:06 AM »
Hmmm, my minimal research and understanding makes me think you undo the crank bolt then use the tool on the threads of the spindle.

Offline badlight

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 11:09:49 AM »
Maybe I'm missing something, what is the tool going to grab on the arm in order to pull it off? Im pretty sure my last set of Profiles came with a fancy massive bolt for excellent hammering potential.

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 12:15:50 PM »
Yeah I think it's the thing you hammer through I'm after, I just said crank puller or whatever as I don't know what it's called.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 12:15:50 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello