Multimedia

Author Topic: Anyone heard from couch/Zodiac?  (Read 25895 times)

Offline Patty

• View Profile
Re: Anyone heard from couch/Zodiac?
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2015, 11:28:54 AM »
Most places don't charge the card until the order is ready to be fulfilled.  Have no idea whether that occurred in this situation but you can be sure as shit I'd be annoyed with bankrolling someone's business until they get around to producing it on a retail product.

Putting down a deposit on custom or one-off work is whole different thing.
i didn't order anything custom, just a headset cap right off the site, and was charged immediately. I just wanted some communication. I'll wait for some quality American parts.
Quote from: Austin Tasseltine;3615349
yeah its got to be, but the fact that you never can be sure with an opinionated christian on the internet is worrying

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2015, 11:34:16 AM »
Most places don't charge the card until the order is ready to be fulfilled.  Have no idea whether that occurred in this situation but you can be sure as shit I'd be annoyed with bankrolling someone's business until they get around to producing it on a retail product.

Putting down a deposit on custom or one-off work is whole different thing.
i didn't order anything custom, just a headset cap right off the site, and was charged immediately. I just wanted some communication. I'll wait for some quality American parts.
That's what I was figuring.  For what it's worth I'd be annoyed as well.
Quote from: JPR@lastcall;3184017
It would have been great to have parents, but it made BMX so much more hardcore and real not being able to buy anything new, ever.

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2015, 11:10:10 PM »
Alex, I like you but you're a white apprentice at an all black radio station and I'm assuming you have shit all experience in managing a manufacturing business or keeping on top of a giant workload by yourself.

Yeah, I have no problem with you either but your points here are bogus. I don't have to have experience in a manufacturing business to know better. And the fact you bring my personal life into it just kind of shows that you know your wrong but don't want to admit it.

I went through a Somewhat similar situation myself, actually, and have seen other small companies go belly up because they couldn't keep up with orders already paid for. It's a slippery slope. You already spent the money people paid you on other things and when it comes time to make their part, those funds have already been spent. It's just bad business practice, simple as that.

I paid $300 for a few car parts from a small builder that made them as orders came in. When I ordered, there was no wait time listed on his site or between the emails we exchanged. 6 months and many unanswered emails later, I got an email saying he had a wait on parts because he couldn't keep up with orders. 

3 months later, for a total of 9 months after I paid him, he makes an announcment saying the metal supplier up and left and robbed him of $15,000. Which is super made up but that's besides the point. The point is simple and stands. Let your customers know if there's a wait and don't take their money until you are ready to either make their part or send it out.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:23:00 PM by Alex. »
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2015, 11:12:43 PM »
Long story short, I'm out a few hundred bucks and his buisnees no longer exsists. Comunication is key.
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2015, 08:08:04 AM »
Love how couch gets a pass because everyone on this site is either on his dick, or "totally understand how manufacturing works, bro"
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2015, 08:51:59 AM »
Behold, the bikeguide curmudgeon.

Dudes in mid twenties to thirties groaning and bitching. All of you will make fantastic specimens at the coffee shop in 30 something more years.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2015, 06:36:36 PM »
Long story short, I'm out a few hundred bucks and his buisnees no longer exsists. Comunication is key.

Fair call in your situation, but this seems a bit different. Having a proven track record in a community and not answering your emails is different to some guy who can't keep up with orders because he's a dunce.

As for bringing up your personal life, I just think your situation is funny and like to bring it up whenever I can. How are you surviving as the token guy?
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2015, 01:25:22 AM »

Fair call in your situation, but this seems a bit different. Having a proven track record in a community and not answering your emails is different to some guy who can't keep up with orders because he's a dunce.

As for bringing up your personal life, I just think your situation is funny and like to bring it up whenever I can. How are you surviving as the token guy?

It's following a very similar path. The guy I'm referencing was a reputable seller/builder for years in the community. Only until he couldn't keep up with orders and spending customers money on personal finances rather than the parts themselves was when he started to go under.

Not saying that what couch is doing or anything but it follows the same path. Make good parts > sell small amount > be good seller. More orders come in > begin getting over loaded > miss email and ship dates > complaining customers.

As far as the radio stuff, it's going well. I have my own show Monday mornings now!
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline pegs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2015, 06:55:52 AM »
he's already spelled it out for you, bmx is less than 5% of his business

in other words he doesn't give a shit, that 5% doesn't even equate to answering messages/updating on progress. someone who actually gave a shit would've chipped away at bmx jobs in his spare time, then let everyone know he won't be taking any more work on

Offline Dr. Steve Brule

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2015, 07:12:08 AM »
I can definitely sympathize with Couch, when I was doing little bits and bobs for people, female axles, recessing stems etc, it was just a ballache, having to mess about going to post offices etc and waste my lunch break for the odd ten / twenty quid. Plus  when you bear in mind most BMXers can't spell or use Paypal it becomes a nightmare.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2015, 07:32:34 AM »
im guessing hes more into guns and tools than bikes these days anyway, not like back when his whole bike was dialled in with custom bits and pieces
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline Patty

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2015, 08:17:51 AM »
You guys are putting way too much thought into this
Quote from: Austin Tasseltine;3615349
yeah its got to be, but the fact that you never can be sure with an opinionated christian on the internet is worrying

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2015, 08:17:51 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special