Multimedia

Author Topic: What's the status on new Odyssey products?  (Read 50756 times)

Offline The Outsider

• View Profile
    • http://
Re: What's the status on new Odyssey products?
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2015, 06:06:05 PM »
Whatever happened to those polymer Antigram guards? Been rocking the aluminum ones for a while now without many complaints, but did get a gnarly metal splinter from rotating em and love how my Plegs slide compared to aluminum or steel. Odyssey site has been teasing me for years!

http://www.odysseybmx.com/catalog/hubs/antigram/

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2015, 08:43:08 AM »
dear odyssey,

please make a hub guard out of recycled par ends.

yours,
eternity (radioactive half life, ad-infinitum, vibranium adamantium alloy, etc)

GLANDS and Par Ends are made of the same blend of materials.

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline MSBNL

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2015, 09:18:36 AM »
Whatever happened to those polymer Antigram guards? Been rocking the aluminum ones for a while now without many complaints, but did get a gnarly metal splinter from rotating em and love how my Plegs slide compared to aluminum or steel. Odyssey site has been teasing me for years!

BSD has an Antigram specific jersey barrier guard. I got a BSD Jersey Barrier on my Ratchet and like it a lot, minimal resistance during grinds ;)

Offline badlight

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2015, 10:42:50 AM »
dear odyssey,

yours,

G.

Are you guys getting complaints about the new GLANDS at all? Ive ground through a shoelace and broke a couple zipties already. The shoelace(rear) didnt even last a session. Ive also sold a couple to other people in my area, and theyre all having the same issues.

Offline The Outsider

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2015, 11:48:35 AM »

BSD has an Antigram specific jersey barrier guard. I got a BSD Jersey Barrier on my Ratchet and like it a lot, minimal resistance during grinds ;)

Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely look into that!

Offline Oddity

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2015, 01:59:37 PM »

Aye, but BSD doesn't make one for the Antigram front for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:14:44 AM by Oddity »

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2015, 07:05:56 PM »
dear odyssey,

yours,

G.

Are you guys getting complaints about the new GLANDS at all? Ive ground through a shoelace and broke a couple zipties already. The shoelace(rear) didnt even last a session. Ive also sold a couple to other people in my area, and theyre all having the same issues.

i was wondering if this might happen cos of the large amount of exposed ziptie
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline The Outsider

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2015, 07:06:08 PM »
Aye, but BSD doesn't make one for the Antigram front for whatever reason.

Yeah, noticed that too. Not the end of the world, but this IS BG so I feel like I'm in the proper place to piss and moan a bit ;D Would really like to get some nice low profile guards like the current 7075 Odyssey Antigram guards but in a matching plastic/polymer set. The chromo insert/lighter guard outer is a fantastic design IMO, just wish it was a matching set of buttery smooth plastic like the Odyssey site has been promising. Any chance of that G, or has Clutch mania taken over and killed any Antigram projects?

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2015, 07:10:05 PM »
if you got a spacer machined up for the antigram but with the same outer dimensions as the one on the clutch, you could use the plastic outer sleeve from the clutch guard. would be a bit of a pain in the arse to sort but would provide what your after. odyssey should get on that and make their own adaptor piece

Offline Spev

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2015, 08:32:13 PM »
if you got a spacer machined up for the antigram but with the same outer dimensions as the one on the clutch, you could use the plastic outer sleeve from the clutch guard. would be a bit of a pain in the arse to sort but would provide what your after. odyssey should get on that and make their own adaptor piece

You can buy the Clutch non drive collar separately, they have the same spacing and the same ID as the Antigram collar. So you could get one and get the Clutch guard.

Offline The Outsider

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2015, 09:47:19 PM »
You can buy the Clutch non drive collar separately, they have the same spacing and the same ID as the Antigram collar. So you could get one and get the Clutch guard.

If I'm understanding you correctly, that'd be great to be able to make an Antigram cassette compatible guard out of a Clutch non drive side collar and a replacement Clutch guard. Not sure where these are available for sale yet, or if I'm following correctly (if this is possible) but that'd answer my Odyssey rear guard desires.

Hopefully a matching polymer front Antigram guard isn't just a pipe dream.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2015, 10:53:39 PM »

ahh cool, i was wondering if theyd be a similar size cos of the 14mm bolt on the non drive side of the clutch but without access to both hubs i didnt want to speculate. thats a good piece of info for people wanting a clutch who dont run pegs, cos the normal clutch spacer is kinda funky looking cos of the guard

Offline Spev

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2015, 02:06:49 AM »

ahh cool, i was wondering if theyd be a similar size cos of the 14mm bolt on the non drive side of the clutch but without access to both hubs i didnt want to speculate. thats a good piece of info for people wanting a clutch who dont run pegs, cos the normal clutch spacer is kinda funky looking cos of the guard

While the Clutch collar fits on the Antigram hub, the Antigram collar doesn't fit on the Clutch hub. There is a deeper step on the Clutch collar to have clearance inside the non drive side cir-clip. The Antigram collar will foul against the cir-clip.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2015, 02:26:54 AM »
ahh ok, g does love his circlips

Offline Oddity

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2015, 05:44:10 PM »
G, I saw a couple posts on Instagram about the Dugan Grandstand pedals, but nothing showing anything special about the bearing system, spindle, or the like. Dan's has them in their catalog as well and they mention something about an unsealed bearing, I was under the impression they didn't use any bearings, but bushings instead.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 07:27:22 PM by Oddity »

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2015, 05:44:10 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello