Multimedia

Author Topic: New Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 434870 times)

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
Re: New Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #690 on: December 06, 2015, 11:39:16 AM »
I'd been putting in more thought than actually person to person discussion about gun control after the past week of these shootings. I had this small ponderance about the difference between the gun control positions.

There is a hope that we can stop gun homicides. Whether unrealistic or not, the intention is to end them. The other side accepts that all manner of gun homicide are the price to pay for having protection.   

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 06, 2015, 12:13:07 PM »
But where is this "protection" when these shootings are happening? Because I don't recall a time where the gunman was stopped by the general public
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 06, 2015, 12:37:23 PM »
It ALWAYS blows my mind when American's use "protection" as an excuse for gun ownership. As you mentioned, Kinchy, it is so few and far between that a bystander has been the one to put an end to an active shooter situation.

But, of course the answer to ending gun violence in the US is to arm every Tom, Dick and Harry. More guns=less gun crime
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 06, 2015, 04:34:29 PM »
I'm positive you can pull up an equal amount of shit for instances of either on the googler. For example, when there was a black young man walking through a neighborhood where a neighborhood watch, who didn't live there, was armed and thankfully was able to dispose him after engaging in a fight he was losing.

Then there is the issue of people having a public gunfight.

Offline Liam

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 07, 2015, 01:56:56 AM »
I'm positive you can pull up an equal amount of shit for instances of either on the googler. For example, when there was a black young man walking through a neighborhood where a neighborhood watch, who didn't live there, was armed and thankfully was able to dispose him after engaging in a fight he was losing.

Then there is the issue of people having a public gunfight.

Are you talking about Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman? Where the latter was charged with second degree murder for shooting an unarmed teenager? And your view is "thankfully was able to dispose him"? "Dispose"? He wasn't litter. I wouldn't say vigilante gun nuts who get done for murder are the best defence of America's gun laws.

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 07, 2015, 01:37:20 PM »
I feel like he that was tongue in cheek.
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 09, 2015, 01:05:33 AM »
My view is the American perception of personal protection is prefaced by a desire to assert dominance. I'm not so sure everyone wants to have their gun as an absolute last resort.

Offline Mychaylo

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 09, 2015, 03:25:11 PM »
I have a ps3 that stopped working with a rental dvd in it.. its an original 2007 release if you want to salvage it
if bluray drives work with no region lock definetly! How much are you aftrr?
Lovin' is what i got.

Offline blueee

• Dumbest, Ugliest, Rattiest spot searching master on bikeguide
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=141705194
« Reply #698 on: December 09, 2015, 05:42:06 PM »
sometimes I catch myself carrying the same facial expressions and manerisms of some amazing beautiful people I know and it will feel realllly good
also will keeping a 5th of liquor in a stainless steel canteen kinda clean it? I just copped one from goodwill. I almost grabbed a disabled people of Portland canteen with pictures of people on wheelchairs and stretchers and what not and I decided it wasn't the best canteen to bring to the skatepark

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 09, 2015, 06:51:59 PM »
Raw sugar and methylated spirits, shake the hell out of it and then rinse repeatedly until the smell is gone. Works for bongs too.
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 09, 2015, 09:05:07 PM »
Why methylated? Is that just adding a methyl group to an alcohol?

What's the rxn between the ethanol and sucrose?

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 09, 2015, 09:14:20 PM »
While I do have a science background and could probably formulate an educated response in due course, I'm just going to say this:

I used to clean my fucking bong with it, it fucking works, fucking trust me.
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 09, 2015, 11:20:21 PM »
My best guess without actually looking it up (I'm not sure what methylated spirits are) is the it is a slightly less polar solvent to the sucrose which makes it a luck less soluble. The ethanol is still a decent solvent but not all the sugar is dissolved and acts as an abrasive agent.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 10, 2015, 12:22:33 AM »
Sounds about right. I know other blokes who use rice instead of sugar, but the sugar works quicker.

Methylated spirits, commonly known as metho in this fine country of mine, is denatured alcohol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denatured_alcohol
People still drink it to get fucked up though, usually mixed with orange juice.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 10, 2015, 02:37:18 AM »
Ethanol with other polar solvents. Fuck, why the hell wouldn't you want to drink an ethanol spirit in the first place? Even low molarity methanol or acetone feels fucked up to get a few drops on your hand. Couldn't imagine that going down the ol gullet.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #704 on: December 10, 2015, 02:37:18 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special