Multimedia

Author Topic: When your Sunday Soundwave is cracked in 3 places, is all hope lost?  (Read 49372 times)

Offline hugh.

• Pedo-Slayer
    • View Profile
Re: When your Sunday Soundwave is cracked in 3 places, is all hope lost?
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2015, 11:46:53 AM »
I don't know why people take such a moral stand against lifetime warranties. If companies wanted you to buy a new frame every 3 years then they would limit the warranty to three years.

Contact Full Factory. Get a new frame.

greenbox

Offline LayLow

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 12:31:22 PM »
I don't know why people take such a moral stand against lifetime warranties. If companies wanted you to buy a new frame every 3 years then they would limit the warranty to three years.

I've said it before.... by far the worst sales gimmick to ever happen to BMX. Don't you see any value in reinvesting into the company? Frames are one of the hardest things for shops to sell, why not present the opportunity instead of just taking money away from the manufacture? I can understand if it's a year or something but 3 years?

Offline DontcallmeKenneth

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2015, 12:50:11 PM »
Sometimes people dont have 400 to throw at a new frame. And would make sense to just take advantage ofbthe warranty offered. Plus i dont think all sundays have that warranty anymore.

Offline KillSeth

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2015, 02:21:17 PM »

I've said it before.... by far the worst sales gimmick to ever happen to BMX. Don't you see any value in reinvesting into the company? Frames are one of the hardest things for shops to sell, why not present the opportunity instead of just taking money away from the manufacture? I can understand if it's a year or something but 3 years?

Let's look at it this way: I subscribe to Netflix for Unlimited movies for $8/month or whatever it is. Should I feel an obligation to purchase a second Netflix subscription once I watch 500 movies? Absolutely not. Part of the reason that I subscribe is because of the unlimited nature of it, that is a desirable feature to me.

I will never feel guilty about holding a company to its word. If part of the reason that I purchased a frame was because of a lifetime warranty, I have no qualms about making good on that warranty if necessary. 

Offline Boomhauer

• Least Favourite JUGGALO by far
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2015, 05:34:55 PM »

I've been on my 21.25 Soundwave for the last three years and have found out Sunday have stopped making them in that size due to low demand.

Might be shit out of luck if a warranty replacement is needed for a frame in the same size.......

Might be shit out of luck on a warranty? Fuck you mean warranty, after 3 years? That shit has had it's time.... pay full price and support BMX rather than assume a frame breaking after 3 years warrants some kind of sympathetic replacement.

For the record, I asked for alternative frames to look into, and George French is one of the people advising me to talk to the warranty dept.. so I'm not sure what the point of your argument is?

My roommate took off early today so I'll try to get pictures up when I can but they're pretty hard to see with the Ice Green paint job.
Quote from: Bink;3116353
Yeah, f**k that.  Grind everything.
Quote from: skateparkrider;3612141
The gussets are awesome.  My wife has been needing my name carved into her for about a decade.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2015, 06:56:22 PM »
laylow just loves to cry about warranties. i guess he works in a shop that doesnt make much money or something so he blames odyssey/sundays warranty for that. seems reasonable
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline Boomhauer

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2015, 11:07:40 PM »
laylow just loves to cry about warranties. i guess he works in a shop that doesnt make much money or something so he blames odyssey/sundays warranty for that. seems reasonable

Oh, that's installation error.
The gussets are awesome.  My wife has been needing my name carved into her for about a decade.

Offline amishrob

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ewankrob
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2015, 11:35:35 PM »
the issue with warranty is that people assume any and all broken parts will be covered than act like smacked children when they aren't. warranty should be manufacturers defects for a reasonable time period to the original owner with proof of purchase, as it is in all other industries. bmx warranty culture is bad.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2015, 11:57:54 PM »
like 95% of riders i know whove broken a bike part will just throw it away and buy a new one. noone can be fucked chasing up warranties besides occasionally on dirt forks, or if its something that broke after a couple of months

maybe its a problem in your local scene/bike shop, but never anywhere that ive lived

although thinking about this, its more likely to be parents of young kids who broke part X by being a dickhead threading something out trying to make adjustments or equivalent, and then dont want to take responsibility but want it replacing
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 12:01:06 AM by dude... »
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline not_much_for_names

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2015, 02:10:36 AM »

I've been on my 21.25 Soundwave for the last three years and have found out Sunday have stopped making them in that size due to low demand.

Might be shit out of luck if a warranty replacement is needed for a frame in the same size.......

Might be shit out of luck on a warranty? Fuck you mean warranty, after 3 years? That shit has had it's time.... pay full price and support BMX rather than assume a frame breaking after 3 years warrants some kind of sympathetic replacement.

For the record, I asked for alternative frames to look into, and George French is one of the people advising me to talk to the warranty dept.. so I'm not sure what the point of your argument is?

My roommate took off early today so I'll try to get pictures up when I can but they're pretty hard to see with the Ice Green paint job.

Laz, what my small contribution meant was Sunday has stopped making 21.25 frames. If I needed a frame replaced by warranty then there is a high probability that the replacement frame will not be the same 21.25 size I'm currently running. Hence, I'd be shit out of luck.

And naturally Laylow has steered the thread in a totally different direction again by pushing his opinion from his perceived moral high ground that Odyssey and Sunday cripple bike shops due to their lifetime warranties which limits sales. He banged on his collection of pots and pans in the steerer tube/compression bolt size thread exactly from the same distorted stand point.

Irrelevant is how I feel about his input and contribution.....

Offline Boomhauer

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2015, 08:43:59 AM »

Laz, what my small contribution meant was Sunday has stopped making 21.25 frames. If I needed a frame replaced by warranty then there is a high probability that the replacement frame will not be the same 21.25 size I'm currently running. Hence, I'd be shit out of luck.

And naturally Laylow has steered the thread in a totally different direction again by pushing his opinion from his perceived moral high ground that Odyssey and Sunday cripple bike shops due to their lifetime warranties which limits sales. He banged on his collection of pots and pans in the steerer tube/compression bolt size thread exactly from the same distorted stand point.

Irrelevant is how I feel about his input and contribution.....

Don't worry, i caught what you were saying, I just wondered why LayLow was trying to stand tall.

Offline Kram 101

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2015, 12:59:46 PM »
I just ordered a soundwave and the guys at full factory told me they rarely get warranty calls on them.

Offline badlight

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2015, 02:35:49 PM »
I just ordered a soundwave and the guys at full factory told me they rarely get warranty calls on them.

Really though, what did you expect? "Yeah, you fuckin shitbags break these things all the time...".

Of course theyre going to tell you they're awesome. They're trying to sell it to you.

*this is not meant to be a dig at FF or Sunday. Nor am I implying they are lying to you. Soundwaves are great. Unless you're Laz apparently.

Offline DontcallmeKenneth

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2015, 03:30:14 PM »
3Yrs under laz abuse is pretty good dont you think?

Offline Kram 101

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2015, 04:24:59 PM »

Really though, what did you expect? "Yeah, you fuckin shitbags break these things all the time...".

Of course theyre going to tell you they're awesome. They're trying to sell it to you.

*this is not meant to be a dig at FF or Sunday. Nor am I implying they are lying to you. Soundwaves are great. Unless you're Laz apparently.
I know they're in the business to make money but in all the dealings the shop I work at has had with them they have always been helpful.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2015, 04:24:59 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special