Multimedia

Author Topic: Looking for 21" Standard Trailboss from 97 or 98! Have cash and cool trades!  (Read 15019 times)

Offline Illinoisbmx

• View Profile
Like it says looking for a good condition 21" Trailboss frame, preferably with the original decals still.  This is probably a longshot but well see!
My refs-Oceanblow,Laz, Bonedpwinkle, Timmy_D, Kampgnar, Zee Biker, Dixie BMX, etniesld311, newjerseyken, distressedbikes, ss911turbo, Spikez5, jaythomas, accidentprone and more!

Offline milhous

• View Profile
I will keep an eye out for one. Sadly almost never find them in good shape though. I went through 5 or 6 of them before I finally found one that was good enough to fix up (even that one was cracked on the seatstays but had far less dents that all the others I tried). Almost always missing the og stickers as well, but SBC has the replacements (probably have to call them to get the full frame/forks sets since the ones on the site are for the new ones).

After I finshed my black one I picked up one that was NOS but was missing the decals and had heavy shop wear. I sold it to a friend that works at the local shop.

Offline Illinoisbmx

• View Profile
I know it man they are hard to come by for sure.  Since you have so many dialed bikes we could just work out a deal on yours ;)
My refs-Oceanblow,Laz, Bonedpwinkle, Timmy_D, Kampgnar, Zee Biker, Dixie BMX, etniesld311, newjerseyken, distressedbikes, ss911turbo, Spikez5, jaythomas, accidentprone and more!

Offline milhous

• View Profile
This is the only '97 I kept. It needed a small crack repair and a little filler after the weld, but you cannot see the repair now.

(Sorry to clutter the thread, just wanted to show what I started with on this one to give you an idea that a beater can be cleaned up).

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
Probably not what you'd be after but if you don't have any luck finding this frame, you could always hit up Standard and have an exact same version made up as a custom, but that also means spending more money then your willing to part with. Any how good luck on your search !
Vitalbmx: Cellmember
Bmxforum: Cellmember
Bmxmuseum: Cellmember
Ref\'s: http://www.bmx-forum.com/u/64216/cellmember

Offline Illinoisbmx

• View Profile
Milhous that is the exact setup I want to do!  My first Standard was a matte black T-Boss from Frankford bike!  and Cellmember yeah I've thought about that, it actually might come to that!  Standard is pretty close to me I need to get in touch and see what they say price wise.

Offline Boomhauer

• Least Favourite JUGGALO by far
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Bobby (SkateParkRider) works for Standard now, try contacting him and see if he could help you out?
Quote from: Bink;3116353
Yeah, f**k that.  Grind everything.
Quote from: skateparkrider;3612141
The gussets are awesome.  My wife has been needing my name carved into her for about a decade.

Offline Illinoisbmx

• View Profile
Bobby (SkateParkRider) works for Standard now, try contacting him and see if he could help you out?

Yep I know Bobby well he doesn't have the scoop on one of these yet!  Thanks for the heads up though

Offline CARROTFVCKER

• View Profile
i might have a line on one..................gotta check. i do have a 95 STA

Offline Illinoisbmx

• View Profile
i might have a line on one..................gotta check. i do have a 95 STA

That would be greatly appreciated man, I dig the STA's too but really want a boss.  You got a pic of the STA?

Offline dude...

• View Profile
im still looking for a ~2000 ish STA in 20.75-21 cheap if anyone has any hookups. also got to ship to australia which is the stinger
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline CARROTFVCKER

• View Profile

Offline CHROME_RIMS_YO

• View Profile

that's the color i had, metalflake royal blue kinda. looks purple under fluorescent lighting. mine was triple gusset though, i wish i never parted with it.
OHH HIS NAME? HIS NAME IS RAAALF, MAN
Quote from: Mike Oxlong;3588221
I always thought you were black just like scram hype haha

Offline hotdiggity2

• View Profile
I have one that is raw but has a big ding on one of the seat stays.  I tried sodering it to fill it in, I need to finish it up.

Offline CHROME_RIMS_YO

• View Profile
i have a never-assembled waterford built trls250 21", usa bb, gastank gusset, no stovepipe seattube. dark green powdercoat with only a few scuffs on the bottom bracket from sitting on a shelf if i remember correctly, it's been a while since i've looked. the 3/8" axle slots appear to have been modified by the guy i got it from, but it looks like only the top side of the dropouts have been ground down and not quite enough to fit a 14mm axle. by grinding down only the top part of the dropout it's probably made the headtube a quarter degree more slack and probably dropped the bb by 1/8" at most. i suppose the dropouts could be repaired by welding a little more material and then grinding it down flush and even with a couple mm taken off both the bottom and top edge of the axle slots.

if you're at all interested, let me know.
OHH HIS NAME? HIS NAME IS RAAALF, MAN
Quote from: Mike Oxlong;3588221
I always thought you were black just like scram hype haha

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello