Multimedia

Author Topic: Quitting your job.  (Read 18442 times)

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
Quitting your job.
« on: December 22, 2014, 05:46:53 PM »
So I got a new job and will be quitting my current job today. Anybody have any epic "quitting your job" stories?
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline nwcstn

• British Juggalo
    • View Profile
Re: Quitting your job.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 06:31:35 PM »
I got in a fight with my boss on a roof when I had a roofing job. That was my last day of that job.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 07:53:21 PM »
When I first got out of high school, moved out of my small town and into the city I got a job as a developmental disability counselor (18 year kid). It was pretty fucking easy and I was paid decently. I was taking behavioral science shit in school to coordinate with it. After a weird week and a break up I found an ad about "alarm installations make $$$$$". "Five dollar signs," I thought, "I only make four." So I stopped showing up to work to start this other job. As someone who isn't a 19 year old kid from a small town you probably could guess this was a terrible scam.

I started this job which was going door to door selling alarm systems. That lasted 4 days and I told them to fuck themselves after I was chased down the street by a vato and sold a total of 1 system. I tried to get back in developmental disability thing and the whole of it told me to fuck myself because I did the no show thing.

Now, I'm just some immigrant farmer. Things went so very wrong the last 10 years.

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 09:01:28 PM »
I worked a crazy traveling job for three years and got fed up with the company and the work I was doing so I quit and have been basically partying and slaying pussy the past 5 months. I don't miss working at all yet.

Maybe being a bum isn't all that bad.
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline PabstBlueRibbon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 09:40:20 PM »
weren't you bitching about not getting laid in another thread?

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 12:01:42 AM »
It's happened more frequently now than it did when I was working. I still don't have a whole lot, though, don't get me wrong.  Each time I do though, it seems to come with a weird story behind it.
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline Hank Chinaski

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 05:37:43 AM »
Really dumb but there's this line in ECD 3 where a guy yells I bought milk!  My friends and I used to yell it at each other (I was about 17 at the time).  Anyways, I had this terrible job waiting table's for an El Salvadoran who owned an Italian restaurant. Money was shit, he was an asshole,  etc. One of my friends had already quit in spectacular fashion after one shift washing dishes.
Anyways school was about to start back up and I already knew I was leaving so one night during dinner service he was being a real dick so I just pulled off my apron, threw it on the ground, and yelled I BOUGHT MILK at him and peaced out. His grasp of English was minimal at best so I still can't imagine what he thought had happened. There were only 2 table's in there but I'd love to have seen their reactions. He called my house for about two months offering me shifts after being repeatedly told I had another job.
Quote from:
His hair is alive with the crimson ghost of our father\'s lost adventures!

Offline tecnic1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 07:50:17 AM »
So way back in the day I was in the Navy, and I was supposed to get out December 28th, 2003.  I had been negoitaing re-enlisting and had orders to a ship, a school worked out, re-enlistment bonus (something like$15K), the whole nine.  The detaier and my local retention guy had been working on this for like four months.

Because of Christmas and what not, I was supposed to re-enlist December 23rd.  Well, after talking to my wife, and looking at the way my orders worked out, I was going to be gone for like 9 months straight, and 11 out of the next 12 months total, so I tried to get out of the school, which would have knocked 4 months off of that.  My detailer wasn't hearing that.

I walked into work December 21st (about) and told them to go fuck themselves.  If you know anything about the Navy, you can't just get out in two days, so they had to extend me to January 28th, and it was still a clusterfuck trying to get all the checkout stuff done.

So like six years later, right after I had graduated from university, I had gotten a job at Sam's Club to keep me busy while I looked for a legit job.  I was there for about three weeks when I got the call offering me my current job while I was at work.

At the end of the shift, I found the manager on duty, and handed him my blue vest and box cutter, and told him that I wasn't going to be pulling boxes anymore because I was going to be a Mechanical Engineer at a nuclear shipyard.  Dude was cool as shit about it and asked me politely to come back the next day and talk to the grocery manager.  I did, and she was cool as shit too (even put in my file that I was eligible for re-employment).

Offline blueee

• Dumbest, Ugliest, Rattiest spot searching master on bikeguide
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=141705194
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 12:35:40 PM »
i chopped my bosses head off with a katana, he was being a dick

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 01:08:34 PM »
Everyone was cool with it, I assume?
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 02:55:33 PM »
Did you quit before or afterwards?

Offline bensick

• View Profile
    • http://www.interbmx.com/profile.php?view=profile&id=44
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 03:23:29 PM »
not that epic but I'll share.

I was a dishwasher at this shitty supper club.  The dickhead chefs told me I needed to work longer hours on saturdays.  Without saying a word, I wheeled out the trash can to the dumpster, threw my shirt in and drove home.

I also got fired from walmart for calling in sick to ride my buddies skatepark opening day.  fuckin fuckers!

Offline CARROTFVCKER

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2014, 10:41:24 PM »
somebody has to have shit on the floor and walked out

Offline LeonLikesToRock

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2014, 04:25:07 AM »
somebody has to have shit on the floor and walked out

I worked at a Toys R Us during high school and uni. Kids used to randomly dump in the store every now and then. Of course they would jet and some staff would have their day fucked up. Maybe it was actually staff. Maybe they were standing around the corner, watching while breathing heavily just getting off on a teenager playing with their shit.
Hangovers and trains

Offline Sasha

• Pro_Tom
  • Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2014, 10:24:43 AM »
Considering quitting my job to ride bikes and sit around watching House.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2014, 10:24:43 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello