Multimedia

Author Topic: aluminum nipples  (Read 24938 times)

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
Re: aluminum nipples
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2014, 07:48:06 PM »
^^^ My comment was merely for satire.  Torque and rotational weight aren't really things that have dick to do with one another. 

But, since everybody got their panties in a bunch about rotational weight, I will say that I can 100% feel a difference on my bikes.  Even switching tires from a 2.1 to a 2.35 is something that is pretty easy to feel the difference on.  Hell- my wife isn't even an avid BMX rider, but she could tell the difference of rotational weight on her light weight wheel set I built for her.  I sort of tried to build her bike up as light as I could since she doesn't have the upper body strength of most BMXers.  She ended up riding my bike one day that had heavier wheels and enjoyed it a lot more.  She said that she liked the way the heavier wheels were less squirrelly and that the heavier rotational weight was easier to control.  Makes sense. 
Quote from: bluemeate;3457724
session a quarter everyday!

Offline redface

• View Profile
    • http://www.empirebmx.com
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2014, 10:23:14 AM »
Gsport nips not being able to round off is the best thing that's happened to wheelbuilding since Empire Tom

oh hell yeah!

Offline got bike?

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2014, 09:52:27 PM »

If you CBA to buy these nipples because you are afraid you will lose the tool, my suggestion is to stop being a tool and keep track of your shit.  Just a thought....

Are you trying to look smart or funny using that "tool" word in different meanings? because it's not, it's actually pathetic if you ask me. Here's something funny!
as tight as I could with my fingers

If standard nipples had a tool that surround them and had comfortable grab, they also can be tighten that much. The tool is the key, not the nipples.

Offline Sasper

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2014, 05:35:26 AM »
all this talk about a product that is not available anywhere in europe/ uk?

"The Great 2013 Bikeguide Suicide Re-format"

:)
G.

Offline Stoked

• dood.sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2014, 09:02:13 AM »
Quote from: i am hollywood;3458649
The Ezra 'Q' freecoaster should be out in time to put on your 2012 christmas list

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2014, 02:47:10 PM »

If you CBA to buy these nipples because you are afraid you will lose the tool, my suggestion is to stop being a tool and keep track of your shit.  Just a thought....

Are you trying to look smart or funny using that "tool" word in different meanings? because it's not, it's actually pathetic if you ask me. Here's something funny!
as tight as I could with my fingers

If standard nipples had a tool that surround them and had comfortable grab, they also can be tighten that much. The tool is the key, not the nipples.

First - What the fuck are you even going on about?
Second - I scrolled through this thread twice just to double check.  And I'll be damned, I never did ask you. 
Third (I know it's getting hard for you to count this high, my apologies) - You took a fraction of what I was saying in your last quote to some how prove a point that I wasn't even talking about.  I was talking about the hex head on the top of the nipple and how it is also advantageous for supreme wheel building.   

If we are going off of the "the tool is the key, not the nipples" logic then the G-Sport tool once again proves these nipples are a superior system.  Because of the fact the nipple tapers, the tool fits very snug.  Also, I'm no math wiz here....  but I'm pretty sure that 6 sides touching each other would provide a better surface area for tightening the nipple than 4.  Thusforth and so ons and what have you.....  G-Sport Tapered Hex Nipples (and the tool) > whatever the fuck you are trying to say.  Unless you would like to further explain yourself...... 

Also, after further consideration, you are a tool that I wish got lost. 

Offline got bike?

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2014, 07:00:27 PM »

First - What the fuck are you even going on about?
-wanna know? go search what you typed

Second - I scrolled through this thread twice just to double check.  And I'll be damned, I never did ask you. 
-but you asked for it. proove me wrong if you can.

Third (I know it's getting hard for you to count this high, my apologies)
-you read and answered, so you understood what i meant. and if you think that you need to appologize then you'r wrong! because it doesn't bother me speaking your language well. 

- You took a fraction of what I was saying in your last quote to some how prove a point that I wasn't even talking about.
-that's the beauty of it.

I was talking about the hex head on the top of the nipple and how it is also advantageous for supreme wheel building. 

If we are going off of the "the tool is the key, not the nipples" logic then the G-Sport tool once again proves these nipples are a superior system.
-superior system compared to standard nipples? I never said the opposite.

Because of the fact the nipple tapers, the tool fits very snug.  Also, I'm no math wiz here....  but I'm pretty sure that 6 sides touching each other would provide a better surface area for tightening the nipple than 4.  Thusforth and so ons and what have you.....
-no, it's wrong. 6 faces are likely to rounding  than 4 faces, think about the angles of the edges. But this doesn't mean hexagonal nipples are weak for their job.

G-Sport Tapered Hex Nipples (and the tool) > whatever the fuck you are trying to say.
-so now you wanna hide behind those nipples?

you'r being a tool here Unless you would like to further explain yourself......
-What? you think you gonna try to offend people then ask them to explain themselves? are you brain damaged? did you crash your head lately? YOU explain your first offense!

Also, after further consideration, you are a tool that I wish got lost.
-same lame pathetic words.

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2014, 07:51:23 PM »
You mad bro?  Let it all out.  We are here for you. 

Offline badlight

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2014, 07:56:07 PM »
This thread has reached '16 and pregnant' levels of stupidity

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2014, 07:56:07 PM »

-->