Multimedia

Author Topic: Jim Newrick's Super Monoco DVD online  (Read 13798 times)

Offline Bristow

• View Profile
Re: Jim Newrick's Super Monoco DVD online
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 10:48:27 PM »
Sometimes I wonder whether all the Cali bigshots watched Voices and TWW back in the day. I mean you can film someone doing a ridiculous ice el toro to hardway 3 to nose manual etc etc but it would never have the depth and character of those videos. This captures some of that essence.

Stop making us feel old by describing TWW as back in the day!

I agree, especially with Voices, there was such depth, you really got a feel for the scene, and you could tell that those guys were a real solid bunch of characters (for the most part). Listening to the music from those videos today, it still takes me back and reminds me of what riding is all about. 

I look at this Cali shit, and as impressive as the riding is, it just feels plastic to me.

I very much enjoyed Super Monoco (is it purposefully Monoco?) although it doesn't have the large production polish and sheen of other edits, there is a subtleness and thought throughout that creates quite a cohesive video, even from sunny Bangkok I felt like I was on the dank streets of the north-east. Riding was solid, and I always enjoy seeing fresh Cookie footage, one of the most underrated rated rail destroyers in bmx.

Offline CHROME_RIMS_YO

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2014, 11:52:23 AM »
love it. bleak as fuck in b&w with a good mix of songs. bloodsport footage intertwined got me pumped up. i wanna go grind some brick ledges and do bump jumps into everything. it's like a portal exists between nj/ny/philly and england, same kind of industrial street spots and approaches to riding.
OHH HIS NAME? HIS NAME IS RAAALF, MAN
Quote from: Mike Oxlong;3588221
I always thought you were black just like scram hype haha

Offline eoin.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 06:06:02 PM »
Newrick's videos are amazing. Along with Marv's, Clarky's etc... Bought a fair few this year and it kept me fairly stoked on the ould BMX
IG @leftbmx

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 07:11:45 PM »
I just watched it a second time. Any other videos with similar vibe anywhere online?

Offline Admiral Ackbar

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 07:36:09 PM »
animal qss #3, 4, 5 if you haven't seen them yet. maybe not toooo similar but features straight forward street riding and a (fairly) varied soundtrack for the vibez

am:pm series is worth a watch too. 3 was awesome if not only for mark gralla's section. not sure if they are up in full online though

and of course the aforementioned voices and tomorrow we work

you should probably watch 90east: sound of the city too

Quote from: blueee;3557172
i went to a rave at a zoo one time. although i didnt give the dolphins heroin substitute

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 07:36:09 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special