Multimedia

Author Topic: BG's Current Injuries  (Read 35585 times)

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
Re: BG's Current Injuries
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2015, 12:04:45 PM »
Slipped on a wet floor in the kitchen as I was defrosting 20 y.o. refrigerator. And when slipped away - I tried to catch anything which was a big mistake - catched doorhandle but the door opened up on me / inside. So I fell into a door, smashed the window and sticked on the glass. I was sitting in a puddle of water, ice and covering everything around with my own blood. Impaled on glass/door that stopped on the bone and loosing the blood, loosing feeling and loosing ablity to move my right hand fingers. Darwin award of the decade.

Fuuuck. That's so gnarly. How else have you fucked something up? Because I feel like for something like that to happen, it only happens to the unluckiest of people. So I'm assuming you have a 5 page list of accidents you've been in.
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline Bink

• Douglas Terrance Fischer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2015, 12:59:39 PM »
A few weeks ago at the skatepark, I took a pedal while going fairly fast and my hub didn't engage. I fell elbow first onto the metal sheet at the bottom of a ramp. The ends of my radius and ulna broke off where they meet my elbow, and my elbow broke into 16 pieces. I've never felt more pain.

Anyway, I spent five days in the hospital and ended up with a plate and several pins in my arm.
Considering the severity of the injury, I'm extremely lucky. It was likely I was going to have an artificial elbow which propably would have been the end of my BMX days. Now it's looking like I will be able to ride again in a year.

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2015, 02:32:23 PM »
That's terrible man post up x-ray pics

Offline Bink

• Douglas Terrance Fischer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2015, 03:13:48 PM »
I'll get some pictures during my appointment on Monday.

Offline MSBNL

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2015, 08:10:52 PM »
Was looking for this thread a few weeks back. After 30 years with what I would call a medical clean slate my right lung spontaneously collapsed whilst I was digging by myself in the middle of the week at our jumps, which are very secluded. Sat around for half an hour thinking I had some bad cramps in my shoulder, then dragged myself home and felt better after 2 hours so I went back and dug for another hour. Then in the evening the ''cramp'' came back, this time combined with uncontrollable coughing. Went to the doctor the next morning who send me over for a röntgen, after which I was diagnosed with a spontaneous pneumothorax. I was hospitalized for 6 days and the CT scan revealed some blisters/bubbles on my lung, of which one most likely popped and caused this adventure so I went back in for surgery halfway December. Everything went fine and I had my first ride again this week. In retrospect I was very lucky I still managed to get home by myself (and very stupid to go back afterwards), could have taken days before somebody would've found me.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2015, 09:59:13 PM »
These are all very terrible sounding. Best wishes in the meantime dudes.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2015, 10:19:33 PM »
^^^^what he said, gnarly shit

this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline bluebmx

• Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2015, 06:15:38 AM »
I just got the word that my right ACL is around 80% torn and my meniscus needs some help as well. Bummed.

Offline powell

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2015, 10:19:36 AM »
I slipped and fell on the ice in my driveway last night and landed on my hip/upper thigh super hard and now my whole leg is killing me with this throbbing/pulsing ache.

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2015, 11:03:29 AM »
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline Sasha

• Pro_Tom
  • Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2015, 12:33:48 PM »
Dislocated my shoulder again jumping off the indo board last night. This surgery can't come quick enough.

Offline Scunny

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2015, 04:33:47 PM »
Split meniscus that needs fixing. Thats 6 months away, knee strap and tramadols until then.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2015, 10:47:13 PM »
You know those winter nights when you're riding street and your hands are fucking freezing? That was my night last night as I pedaled my ass off at a wallride. I couldn't hang on and let go from looping out. My palms were ground along some very porous asphalt leaving pits and gouges all over both.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2015, 10:47:13 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello