Multimedia

Author Topic: The "what the hell is Odyssey / Gspprt cooking up" thread.  (Read 94430 times)

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
Re: The "what the hell is Odyssey / Gspprt cooking up" thread.
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2014, 05:00:25 AM »
Before my next cassette purchase, i just need to know if a plastic Antigram hubguard is still in the works.
There were posts of Aaron Ross supposedly running one in dec. 2012?

Please make a poor man happy today G!

Coming from plastic hubguards going to alu makes zero sense in my mind, haha.
Such a smooth slide to it. Better than unprotected sex

we have one in the pipeline but as mentioned BSD also look like they have one and that looks pretty much ready to buy.

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline badlight

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2014, 08:27:55 AM »
Before my next cassette purchase, i just need to know if a plastic Antigram hubguard is still in the works.
There were posts of Aaron Ross supposedly running one in dec. 2012?

Please make a poor man happy today G!

Coming from plastic hubguards going to alu makes zero sense in my mind, haha.
Such a smooth slide to it. Better than unprotected sex

If you cant get the actual bsd for antigram guard the bsd for profile guard works with a bit of filing.  Ive been running it since i got my antigram ptretty much.

Offline Thomas031

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2014, 12:32:18 PM »

we have one in the pipeline but as mentioned BSD also look like they have one and that looks pretty much ready to buy.

G.

Hope they are paying some royalties to Ody for that shit. Probably not.

But that's all i need to know. Antigram is the one for me then.

@ Badlight

Thanks for that info, going to look into that!
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity" - Carlin

Offline JohnW

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2014, 03:56:51 PM »
I'm stoked on the coaster and the pedals. I didn't think there'd be enough interest to develop new metal ones. My Reloader and Trailmixes will need to be replaced someday.
My LAF
Quote from: super_chief;3602916
I put my nuts on that axle before it shipped, FYI

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2014, 05:21:45 PM »
So these new pedals have a larger platform and are thinner than trailmixes? Mine are nearing retirement and I'm interested.
When are they out?

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2014, 06:12:48 PM »
So these new pedals have a larger platform and are thinner than trailmixes? Mine are nearing retirement and I'm interested.
When are they out?

Yes.
When they are ready. All the production tooling is either finished or close to being finished so hopefully late this year or early next. These are brand new from the ground up so it takes a bit longer than the typical "re-badge", "different pins" or "custom body on stock axle and bearings"...

G.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2014, 06:16:36 PM »
Sounds good. I'm down to try new products.

Offline Finn the Human

• Algebraic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2014, 06:20:53 PM »
Yes.
When they are ready. All the production tooling is either finished or close to being finished so hopefully late this year or early next. These are brand new from the ground up so it takes a bit longer than the typical "re-badge", "different pins" or "custom body on stock axle and bearings"...

G.

I'd be interested in a vague write up about creating a product from the ground up. How once it's approved you get a prototype, test, repeat, go to taiwan, manufacture, check, repeat etc. It'd be interesting to compare the amount of effort and time that goes into it compared to 10000 of product y with branding z on it.

Obviously you have different observations and perspective having worked extensively by yourself for GSport and then under Odyssey, Sunday and Fairdale.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 06:23:07 PM by Finn the Human »

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2014, 06:30:49 PM »
Yes.

G.

I'd be interested in a vague write up about creating a product from the ground up. How once it's approved you get a prototype, test, repeat, go to taiwan, manufacture, check, repeat etc. It'd be interesting to compare the amount of effort and time that goes into it compared to 10000 of product y with branding z on it.

Obviously you have different observations and perspective having worked extensively by yourself for GSport and then under Odyssey, Sunday and Fairdale.

Make a new thread and I will see what I can come up with, but it obviously varies enormously depending on the product and how radical it is.

G.

Offline hugh.

• Pedo-Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2014, 05:17:24 PM »
Has anyone seen anything about the Chase Hawk bike bag?

Danno

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2014, 05:38:06 PM »
Nope, but I'm ordering myself one as soon as the order sheet gets sent to me at work! I've asked pretty much everytime I've placed an order and don't think they are too far off now.

Any more info G? Is it using similar materials to the DK bag? Will it actually protect the bike or what?

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2014, 06:54:51 AM »
Nope, but I'm ordering myself one as soon as the order sheet gets sent to me at work! I've asked pretty much everytime I've placed an order and don't think they are too far off now.

Any more info G? Is it using similar materials to the DK bag? Will it actually protect the bike or what?

Looking at this:- http://instagram.com/p/t5f6UTxPAr/

It looks a lot shorter than my actual Golf bag, but a little wider. I chose the widest golf bag I could find and the wheels still make obvious bulges out the sides so this looks a lot better fit. Usually I reckon the tyres are good protection at the bottom, and then use my clothes to pad the rest with my helmet over the headtube, but this looks to be slightly padded as well.

I've heard it is going to be approximately the same price as the DK bag.

I should know more next week when I am expecting to see one in person.

G.

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2014, 07:09:03 PM »
Any word on Socket Drive? Seems like its been fairly dead for a while. Any plans on pushing it more?

Offline metalbmxer

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2014, 09:40:30 AM »
Any word on Socket Drive? Seems like its been fairly dead for a while. Any plans on pushing it more?

I like the socket drive system

Surprised it hasn't taken off more, especially considering the production rights are free

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2014, 07:26:16 PM »
ive seen a few more sprockets coming out in socket drive, its cool because the interface can facilitate inserts that can convert to spline drive meaning you dont need to switch to socket drive cranks straight away.

i guess the issue for most companies is making a compatible crankset. be hard to include the interface on a 3pc (unless you build it into the arm). maybe if more people knew about it and more companies were pushing it, it might catch on. if sprockets go below 25t again it could catch on, cos the regular sprocket bolt location interferes with the chain at such small sizes
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2014, 07:26:16 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello