Multimedia

Author Topic: The "what the hell is Odyssey / Gspprt cooking up" thread.  (Read 95814 times)

Offline Dr. Steve Brule

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Re: The "what the hell is Odyssey / Gspprt cooking up" thread.
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2014, 05:38:01 PM »
A chair with 3 legs doesn't fall over, and when you stop thinking about chairs and think about drivers it also means that the driver tends to "self centre" between those 3 pawls, spreading the load as evenly as possible and reducing stress and wear.

Girlfriend asked what I was reading. Tried explaining this concept to her. She thought about it long and hard, and asked 'what if all the legs were in the middle, and I sat on the edge? the chair would fall over'

What do you say to that G.

She thinks about me long and hard too.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2014, 09:13:53 PM »
A chair with 3 legs doesn't fall over, and when you stop thinking about chairs and think about drivers it also means that the driver tends to "self centre" between those 3 pawls, spreading the load as evenly as possible and reducing stress and wear.

Girlfriend asked what I was reading. Tried explaining this concept to her. She thought about it long and hard, and asked 'what if all the legs were in the middle, and I sat on the edge? the chair would fall over'

She thinks about me long and hard too.
there is hope for this place yet
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2014, 05:41:07 PM »

I say that's more of a triple ended dildo than a chair, and she is making some subtle overtures that you should be exploring further rather than wasting time posting it on here... let us know how it goes..

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2014, 06:51:41 PM »
G. Got stumped lol green box to your girl

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2014, 07:12:51 PM »
show me a cassette hub with all the pawls in the middle
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline ad.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2014, 05:06:27 PM »
G. Got stumped lol green box to your girl

If she sits on the triple ender a red box is probably more appropriate.

Offline tecnic1

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2014, 06:04:32 PM »
Are the Dugan tires going to come in P-Lyte?

I've really started to like light tires.

Offline MSBNL

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2014, 01:55:24 AM »
^^ And for that matter, what happened to K-lyte tires? 2.25 Aitken K-lyte is by far my all time favorite tire! Did the demand for lightweight tires die out that quickly (after everyone and their mom (including me) rode those P.O.S. KHE tires)?

Offline KillSeth

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2014, 07:54:20 AM »
Odyssey stopped making Aitken K-lytes because the demand was evidently not there. I imagine this goes for all K-lyte tires.

Offline bsd510

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2014, 07:25:11 PM »
I think the demand was there, the tires were just a little too expensive for most people. I got my k lyte aitkens from the odyssey warehouse sale for 12 bucks and they are probably my favorite tire ever, but if I had to pay retail (i think 40?) I would buy other tires every time because I can get 2 tires for essentially the same price

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2014, 08:13:42 PM »
Same reason we don't see many folding tires anymore.

Offline reebzor

• Veteran
  • lolwut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2014, 09:44:41 AM »
Here's a true story: I sold my last BMX bike in 2007 because I needed some cash and was too busy to ride all that much. I said to myself I will build a new bike when the fabled G-Sport Freecoaster is released.

Call me impatient, but I am building up another bike now and I have to ask G: How much longer do I have to wait?

Is there still going to be a G-Sport Freecoaster? Is the Odyssey Clutch the G-Sport Freecoaster? When is the Clutch going to be released? If answer NO to all the above, what freecoaster should I buy?

Offline Oddity

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2014, 09:45:20 AM »
Why no LHD socket drive Thunderbolts?

Offline The Horror Contact

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2014, 10:45:26 AM »
Here's a true story: I sold my last BMX bike in 2007 because I needed some cash and was too busy to ride all that much. I said to myself I will build a new bike when the fabled G-Sport Freecoaster is released.

Call me impatient, but I am building up another bike now and I have to ask G: How much longer do I have to wait?

Is there still going to be a G-Sport Freecoaster? Is the Odyssey Clutch the G-Sport Freecoaster? When is the Clutch going to be released? If answer NO to all the above, what freecoaster should I buy?

I believe it was said that the Gsport coaster is not happening...and something of retail costs being way to high.  I have the Eclat Blind arriving next week, lots of people are extremely happy with the Freemix by primo.

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2014, 07:58:24 PM »

The Odyssey Clutch hub is based on the traditional axial system but employs the drag mechanism developed for the G-Coaster as well as a load of other subtle changes that fix a lot of the existing issues.
No exact release date yet, but I am hoping it will be late-winter/early-spring next year.

The G-Coaster is not totally dead though, just in a coma, awaiting resuscitation...

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2014, 07:58:24 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special