Multimedia

Author Topic: colorado riding  (Read 9334 times)

Offline blueee

• Dumbest, Ugliest, Rattiest spot searching master on bikeguide
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=141705194
colorado riding
« on: September 01, 2014, 03:41:40 PM »
I'm in boulder co, any must ride parks? I like smaller quirky bowls than the huge 13ft vertramps
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:11:45 PM by blueee »

Offline 14thStbikes

• View Profile
Re: colorado riding
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 07:36:56 PM »
If you feel like a little drive, there is a really fun pool/bowl in the Breckinridge skate park.

Offline CARROTFVCKER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 09:31:39 PM »
the boulder park and Arvada

Offline blueee

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=141705194
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 09:40:53 PM »
Are the rules enforced at boulder park, I looked at the site and it looked super regulated. Anyone from the area down to ride?

Offline Admiral Ackbar

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 10:32:00 PM »
If you feel like a little drive, there is a really fun pool/bowl in the Breckinridge skate park.

theres some sweet dirt jumps in frisco too
Quote from: blueee;3557172
i went to a rave at a zoo one time. although i didnt give the dolphins heroin substitute

Offline tecnic1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 10:42:32 AM »
Are the rules enforced at boulder park, I looked at the site and it looked super regulated. Anyone from the area down to ride?
I grew up in Denver, and went back this past April just to check out the concrete.  a few observations:

My only expirence with Boulder was on like a Thursday morning, and there were like 3 people there; a kid on a scooter, a dude riding chainless, and me.  It was definatly after "bike hours" and zero fucks seemed to be given.

Arvada is OK.  I found myself unimpressed with the locals, and the snake run was not nearly as fun as it looks.  There are some pretty fun bowls that are generally empty, and the street course was fun for a street course.

Commerce City was a blast for the 5 minutes I was there before I got the feeling I was about to get jumped.  The transitions were a little tighter than your standard Team Pain organic blob parks.  I liked it a lot.

Broomfield looked pretty fun, and I think I've seen videos there, but I didn't get my bike out of the car.  I don't recall why.

Roxbrough park was very scenic, and I spent a good few hours there mostly just kinda taking in the location.  It's a typical Team Pain Organic Blob street course, cloverleaf bowl and a pool, but it was reasonably fun.

Besides Boulder, my favorite park to ride was Wheat Ridge.  Can't really say why, but the bowl was a blast.  Nice transitions and not particularily crowded.  There were a ton of skaters there, but they were mostly on the street course.  Also, I think some of the local Trails guys ride there.

I did make it out to the Arvada Trails one day.  The locals were fucking awesome and made me feel welcome even though I was really struggling and messing up a few of their landings.  The dirt is garbage, and they don't have easy access to water, but they do the best they can with what they have.  However, I don't think I would show up on Chase Hawk tires and expect that to work.

Parks to avoid:
Louisville: was way too small
Westminster: What the fuck where they thinking?  The bowl is like 7 feet deep with like 3 feet of vert.
Northglen:  Somehow the managed to make concrete with a negative coefficient of friction.  I was getting wheelspin and had my front tire wash out like 3 times.

I'm actually leaving for Denver again tomorrow night.  I'm planning to maybe spend a little more time with my family this time, but I would like to hit Brighton, Parker, and maybe another Mountain park.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:47:30 AM by tecnic1 »

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 11:14:16 AM »
That hip at Boulder is amazing. I was there in 2007 and rode all the time with no issues, but might have changed.
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline 14thStbikes

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 05:55:42 PM »

theres some sweet dirt jumps in frisco too

Frisco is fun as well. Been a few years since I have been out that way.

Offline blueee

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 01:19:42 AM »
I went to boulder today and spent the whole time blasting the hip at half speed. I really want to spend more time here before shooting down tobalburqueqie, may want to shoot off to Texas after that maybe

very best part about boulder park is the concrete is actually sticky,
transistoions are really mellow but combined with the sticky concrete, I think its time to get back into 270s and 360s
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 01:21:48 AM by blueee »

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 09:25:06 AM »
OMFG BLUE!!!!!   Go to the Boulder public park and rage those fucking hips, dude.  I CBA to even read about what any of these other nerds are saying!!!   Go to the Boulder park.  I pray to the Good Lord Joe Rich that you get this message in time. 

And then yes, Valmont Bike Part is fucking epic as well.  But I know you will like Boulder park.  That shit has more hips than a Brazilian whore house. 
Quote from: bluemeate;3457724
session a quarter everyday!

Offline JohnW

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 09:35:13 PM »
One of my best friends is going to school in Leadville and was showing me the process of building the new park there. It looks extremely rad. Tons of cool transition, tons of rad street stuff.

My LAF
Quote from: super_chief;3602916
I put my nuts on that axle before it shipped, FYI

Offline Admiral Ackbar

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 09:53:49 PM »
thats sweet. prolly would collapse after like two runs tho, fuggin 10000ft
Quote from: blueee;3557172
i went to a rave at a zoo one time. although i didnt give the dolphins heroin substitute

Offline rickylarryyy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 09:54:55 AM »
Bringing this back but who else actually lives here in the CO? Once the weather clears up I am down to ride.

Offline mattywatty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 03:06:57 PM »
I live in Denver CO, and I'm always looking for people over the age of 12 to ride with.

My favorite cement park is definitely the Boulder park. Sticky concrete, lines for days, and pretty uncrowded if you go at the right times. The bike hours enforcement is pretty much a non-issue. As long as you don't trample a small child on a scooter and have their mom call the cops or something, the police dont really want to throw you out.

Wheat Ridge is another fun park. Small bowl with good flow and a cool spine-mini set up.

Really it just depends how you like to ride. If you're trying to be Edwin, basically every park has enough ledges and rails and mellow banks to keep you satisfied for days. If you want to flow some bowls, you kind of have to figure out which parks work for you based on the direction you carve / air, etc.

They just opened an indoor park in Denver too. Built by bike riders, so it's a full blown ramp park, not some ledge plaza with a roof. I've been riding there a lot lately. Some super fun spine/jump set ups that make you feel like you're riding in Etnies Forward. It can be crowded with kids sometimes, but go on a school night and there will probably only be like 7 people there. They also have a foam pit, if you're into that. Adam Banton also works here which is pretty cool.

If anyone wants to ride , shoot me a PM

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 03:06:57 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special