Multimedia

Author Topic: Devon Feil's expose about A22 and TCU  (Read 86717 times)

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
Re: Devon Feil's expose about A22 and TCU
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2014, 11:27:08 PM »
Does anyone remember his hardcore blog? world moves fast? Wasn't he claiming straight edge in the early years too?

Offline Allah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 04:38:35 AM »
I'm all for an edge, but I couldn't give a fuck about personalities. I'd rather it be about BMX than someone fucking someones girlfriend or being a bully.

Yes, this is more or less what I mean. It's basic media ethics. I think it's fine for people to criticise videos, products and even riding styles but getting personal and being a bully is not on (online as much as in real life). My point is that there is space for criticism in the community and that Adam filled that, to a degree, in the early years. 

Take the most recent Drew Bezanson video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfy-tEtTDkU) for instance - Drew's a great rider and I watch most of his output, but the way this was edited was atrocious! Slo-mo for most clips and a song that genuinely sent me into a snooze. I'd like to see a blog which calls people out on stuff like this with wit and verve, rather than a) hyping it up ridiculously or b) going the other way and slagging off the filmer's mum or something ridiculous.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:49:46 AM by Allah »
"Who knows what Ruben actually does?" Garrett Byrnes

45th Generation Roman.

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2014, 06:20:04 AM »
You could call it... BMZ

Offline Suphakhuul

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 07:07:31 AM »

Take the most recent Drew Bezanson video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfy-tEtTDkU) for instance - Drew's a great rider and I watch most of his output, but the way this was edited was atrocious! Slo-mo for most clips and a song that genuinely sent me into a snooze. I'd like to see a blog which calls people out on stuff like this with wit and verve, rather than a) hyping it up ridiculously or b) going the other way and slagging off the filmer's mum or something ridiculous.

What about rodeopeanut? - They did call out drew - http://instagram.com/p/rpxvv9lM33/?modal=true and many more...
Quote from: Carrotfvcker;3277865
finding a woman you want to sleep with and hang out with AND you can put up with her bullshit is like winning the lottery.If you get all three you got it made

Offline Josss

• View Profile
    • http://www.interbmx.com/profile.php?view=profile&id=407
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2014, 07:30:45 AM »
The timing couldn't have been better on this. I personally hope that this takes the wind out of his sails and more companies jump to back Dig's new endeavors. They've stayed true to themselves and have portrayed BMX in a great way for forever. To me it seems TCU has been the window to most kids starting out but I don't think it's really been a good influence. The dudes over at Dig have kept it real for a long time.

As for the idea of not getting your clothing company "stuck in BMX" - If the only reason the dude even had the opportunity to start up a clothing and parts brand is solely thanks to BMX, then the only authentic thing is to show it. The human thing is to embrace your roots, not hide them. Adam's been saying all this about showing how cool BMX can be but going off Feil he just might be a bit embarassed about BMX. When it comes down to it, the only reason the industry exists is because of riders. If there weren't people doing insane stuff on little kids' bikes there wouldn't be room for any of the 'lifestyle brands'. One has to give respect to that.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 07:45:52 AM by Josss »

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2014, 10:11:43 AM »
Also props to Devin for speaking out.

Lol

So consuming a mountain of cocaine makes hitting women acceptable? Interesting
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline peggiesmalls

• View Profile

Offline Stoked

• dood.sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2014, 03:37:31 PM »
Run rusty, run
Quote from: i am hollywood;3458649
The Ezra 'Q' freecoaster should be out in time to put on your 2012 christmas list

Offline Mychaylo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2014, 04:01:35 PM »
Full time OSS employee Russell.

I say good for him, theres worse places even if im not a fan of OSS/TCU at all.
Lovin' is what i got.

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2014, 04:40:01 PM »
Russell has always come across as a nice, chill, agreeable dude. I wonder if a22 has bullied him too.

Offline DixieBMX

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2014, 06:18:09 PM »
Most of the mouth breathing BMX population probably thinks ripoff "TED" shirts and cocaine fueled assault is funny, so we're stuck with the fuck.

Offline DixieBMX

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2014, 06:21:50 PM »
Not to mention that companies that really don't need the "exposure" of TCU (Fit, S&M, Odyssey, Etnies) are too scared to stand up and say, "this guy isn't helping us, maybe we should channel the money we're paying him for advertising into the actual team, or edits that we can easily put on our own sites". Page views seem to rule all, but if you just stop being lazy and utilize the tools available to you, you'd realize that TCU has been fleecing the holy shit out of BMX for a while now.

Offline Mychaylo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2014, 07:32:28 PM »
Russell has always come across as a nice, chill, agreeable dude. I wonder if a22 has bullied him too.

Thats what i mean, good for him getting paid but i hope he doesn't have to take shit for it.
Lovin' is what i got.

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2014, 09:49:55 PM »

Thats what i mean, good for him getting paid but i hope he doesn't have to take shit for it.

I hope he's getting more than $8 an hour
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline Terrorbabble1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2014, 09:57:14 PM »
Just read his reply/apology he doesn't make himself anymore like able, and for the most part I'm gathering these dudes he's around will get shit on and take it for FREE ?? Any one put hands on me or a friend would get fucking dealt with. And Russ white knighting for his boss is pretty good too

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2014, 09:57:14 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special