Multimedia

Author Topic: What did you do to your bike today? (v2)  (Read 1842205 times)

Offline Boomhauer

• Least Favourite JUGGALO by far
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do to your bike today? (v2)
« Reply #4425 on: June 20, 2015, 02:29:18 AM »
Got some new parts in route to me, just gotta get a headset, bottom bracket and forks together now..
Quote from: Bink;3116353
Yeah, f**k that.  Grind everything.
Quote from: skateparkrider;3612141
The gussets are awesome.  My wife has been needing my name carved into her for about a decade.

Offline MilkyWilky

• www.marcsist.com
    • View Profile
    • Marcsist
« Reply #4426 on: June 20, 2015, 10:42:21 AM »
2 days ago I wrapped my bars in cotton tape and twine, then shellacked the things solid on my oldtimer. Yesterday I put on SKS Raceblade XL fenders, and a Thule Touring rack, on my 1985 road bike loaded up 2 Ortlieb bags and rode up the Rhein from Basel along the Swiss side, then crossed to Bad Säckingen in Germany, came back on the German side. Swiss was much nicer, with better signage. Today I don't feel like riding it very far.

Offline Boomhauer

• Least Favourite JUGGALO by far
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: June 20, 2015, 01:47:28 PM »
2 days ago I wrapped my bars in cotton tape and twine, then shellacked the things solid on my oldtimer.
pics? That sounds pretty awesome.
Quote from: Bink;3116353
Yeah, f**k that.  Grind everything.
Quote from: skateparkrider;3612141
The gussets are awesome.  My wife has been needing my name carved into her for about a decade.

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: June 21, 2015, 02:35:37 PM »

it was the other day, but anyway, sorted out my cranks and then the brakes, had a general fiddle because it's been sat idle for a while, the new stem's fine now. those pedals were £9 cheaper than black ones, i'm tempted to change the bodies for the black bodies i have as on that set on one the bearings have gone and the other is stuck in a powerbite but the colour has grown on me and i doubt i'll ever be fucked. i had some black plastic rubens in between but found them really uncomfy. they're still in almost new condition if anyone's interested!

took it down the park for the first time in ages to discover some genius has built this wooden bank bit:

bike is running absolutely sweetly and tempted to get another two plegs but with guards too it's a bit pricey, either way i've got to start riding it more

« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 02:47:36 PM by Zoidberg »

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: June 21, 2015, 04:34:03 PM »
Is Paulo still alive?

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: June 22, 2015, 05:30:58 AM »
Is Paulo still alive?

I saw him last Tuesday for the first time in ages, he's still married so he's kind of alive : )

Offline lifeloveregret

• View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: June 22, 2015, 06:21:59 AM »

it was the other day, but anyway, sorted out my cranks and then the brakes, had a general fiddle because it's been sat idle for a while, the new stem's fine now. those pedals were £9 cheaper than black ones, i'm tempted to change the bodies for the black bodies i have as on that set on one the bearings have gone and the other is stuck in a powerbite but the colour has grown on me and i doubt i'll ever be fucked. i had some black plastic rubens in between but found them really uncomfy. they're still in almost new condition if anyone's interested!

took it down the park for the first time in ages to discover some genius has built this wooden bank bit:

bike is running absolutely sweetly and tempted to get another two plegs but with guards too it's a bit pricey, either way i've got to start riding it more

Is that a 19" Hamilton?

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: June 22, 2015, 10:30:29 AM »
Yep, original paint and headtube sticker. Euro bb.

Got it off here for £35 a long time ago now. The right chain stay has seen better days but apart from that it's been good to me.

Offline RAILS!

• View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: June 27, 2015, 12:06:11 PM »
Nice to see the OG London crew still out and about...That addition to Mile End is sick!!!
Quote from: Liam;3498857
You need to calm down before you end up eating your own sh*t in a cave with a tinfoil hat on.

Offline DontcallmeKenneth

• View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: June 27, 2015, 07:22:57 PM »
I got a fork and a stem. I've got a long way to go.

Offline CMB

• View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: June 28, 2015, 04:54:37 PM »
Picked up a set of Merritt Sawyer grips in gum. They're super soft and feel broken in right off the bat. I've bought 3 pairs of grips in a month, I have issues.
refs: Alice Glass, laloest33, Rusty, mphelps, .SIN., milhous, jaymeatsack, CHROME_RIMS_YO, LittleDevil661, Piffery, Trvsty, Patty, toady, shutta, cb4130, Black Miguel, BGB, onewaystu, Bunky, arcadecycles, LeonLikesToRock & more!

Offline MilkyWilky

• www.marcsist.com
    • View Profile
    • Marcsist
« Reply #4436 on: June 29, 2015, 01:01:53 PM »
pics? That sounds pretty awesome.

It lost some sheen after a heavy rainstorm outside. Still solid though. Been riding it with and without gloves. One is better than the other.

There's 2 more photos here. I cut a wine cork in half for the bar ends.

https://goo.gl/photos/J54ZpExfN9hYdNzz9

PS anyone try that Google Photos? Will give up data for features.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: June 30, 2015, 01:16:45 AM »
Made the new bish do something I've wanted to do for a loooong time tonight. Iced a flat ledge to smith the down of that same ledge.

Offline CMB

• View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: July 10, 2015, 06:14:03 PM »
Put on a fresh S&M Enduro stem because my other one was starting to pinch and not holding tight on the forks. Felt like my head set was loose when everything was tightened, drove me nuts.
refs: Alice Glass, laloest33, Rusty, mphelps, .SIN., milhous, jaymeatsack, CHROME_RIMS_YO, LittleDevil661, Piffery, Trvsty, Patty, toady, shutta, cb4130, Black Miguel, BGB, onewaystu, Bunky, arcadecycles, LeonLikesToRock & more!

Offline chubbs

• View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: January 30, 2019, 08:33:16 PM »
After 12 or so years brakeless, once I found out a shop near me had pink evo 2.5s in stock, I caved and bought brakes.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #4439 on: January 30, 2019, 08:33:16 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special