Multimedia

Author Topic: What did you do to your bike today? (v2)  (Read 1873834 times)

Offline DontcallmeKenneth

• View Profile
Re: What did you do to your bike today? (v2)
« Reply #4305 on: January 24, 2015, 10:10:46 PM »
I had the wza for a total of 3 days before deciding to put the ivy back together. The short back end was sweet but the 21.1 tt wasnt. Had it been shorter probably would still be riding it but its ok. I through thw ivy back together and within minutes the shit i was struggling with came with ease. Also installed my keychain which im happy with. I cant wait for a little more money so i can go through with my order on empire.

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: January 24, 2015, 10:33:48 PM »
changed some brake pads that wouldn't grip, rode with my brother for about 2 hours
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Brooklynrider

« Reply #4307 on: January 25, 2015, 12:34:07 PM »
I had the wza for a total of 3 days before deciding to put the ivy back together. The short back end was sweet but the 21.1 tt wasnt. Had it been shorter probably would still be riding it but its ok. I through thw ivy back together and within minutes the shit i was struggling with came with ease. Also installed my keychain which im happy with. I cant wait for a little more money so i can go through with my order on empire.
What toptube size do you regularly ride? 21.1" isn't that big at all.

• View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: January 25, 2015, 01:16:36 PM »
20.75, thats what the ivy is.

Offline 14thStbikes

• View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: January 25, 2015, 08:04:59 PM »
I'm with you Trap, TT size throws me off something fierce. I can ride 20"-20.5" and have all of my hops and spins. 20.75" I can still hop pretty much the same height, but on the few 21" TT bikes I have I struggle with everything. I thought it was when I changed to larger bars(from Bob's to Elf's), but I just put the Elf's on the 20" barcode I got from Brooklyn and I can hop and spin just fine.

Brooklynrider

« Reply #4310 on: January 25, 2015, 08:08:43 PM »
I've ridden everything from a 20" to 21.25" and it takes me a session to get used to it. Handlebars, on the other hand, fuck me up. It takes me forever to get used to even the slightest change.

• View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: January 25, 2015, 08:47:47 PM »
I have been adapting quickly lately. Like with the skavenger frame i was running, thats the type of geo i stay away from even with a 21" tt and that felt fine. I also didnt ride for almost two months but i guess i have tt limits i dont know. All i know is nothing was clicking and as soon as i put the ivy frame back together it was all good. I even added dehart bricks to my wheels and i still felt more at home on this than the bsd. Now my beverage on the other hand that felt great.

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: January 25, 2015, 09:55:42 PM »
Found two sets of camacura brake parts. They look cool but when I tried them on my Evo ll brakes the springs where to low profile to work.
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline CHROME_RIMS_YO

• View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: January 26, 2015, 08:31:17 AM »
lately during every session i've been hurting my right ankle, my right hand at the thumb/forefinger junction , and my upper back to the point where i can't ride or do much for a couple days after. i'm almost 32, and the healing process is slowed down to a snail's pace. in an effort to make my bike less thrashable, i removed 4 pegs and my rear brake and put on my tallest bars/stem combo. it didn't help me take it easy, i went apeshit on a mellow bank after some 360 fakie sliders turned into 450s which turned into a couple sketchy 540 nosedives to flat. i almost never fuck with brakeless riding, my finger is always on the lever for manuals and hops and damn near everything and it's something i thought i couldn't overcome. so now i think the pegs and eventually the brake will go back on and i'll try to only pull the lever for fufanus and maybe sparing scooter kids lives occasionally, and i'll just lock my bike up in the garage and make my wife keep the bikelock key for a couple weeks while i take it easy and try to get in to see a doctor about my injuries.

in "new parts" news i got some gum revenge industries customer friendly grips and they're the answer to my sweaty hands that have been blowing off my worn-in edwins lately. i also got a 25t fit keyguard for when my ankle can tolerate relearning sprocket chunk barspin fakies on this bank to skinny ledge subbox spot.
OHH HIS NAME? HIS NAME IS RAAALF, MAN
Quote from: Mike Oxlong;3588221
I always thought you were black just like scram hype haha

• View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: January 26, 2015, 09:50:56 AM »
Holla!
You've been riding like a beast lately. Sometime in the future i need to take some time to cone out and shred with you.

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #4315 on: January 26, 2015, 02:29:29 PM »
lately during every session i've been hurting my right ankle, my right hand at the thumb/forefinger junction , and my upper back to the point where i can't ride or do much for a couple days after. i'm almost 32, and the healing process is slowed down to a snail's pace. in an effort to make my bike less thrashable, i removed 4 pegs and my rear brake and put on my tallest bars/stem combo. it didn't help me take it easy, i went apeshit on a mellow bank after some 360 fakie sliders turned into 450s which turned into a couple sketchy 540 nosedives to flat. i almost never fuck with brakeless riding, my finger is always on the lever for manuals and hops and damn near everything and it's something i thought i couldn't overcome. so now i think the pegs and eventually the brake will go back on and i'll try to only pull the lever for fufanus and maybe sparing scooter kids lives occasionally, and i'll just lock my bike up in the garage and make my wife keep the bikelock key for a couple weeks while i take it easy and try to get in to see a doctor about my injuries.

in "new parts" news i got some gum revenge industries customer friendly grips and they're the answer to my sweaty hands that have been blowing off my worn-in edwins lately. i also got a 25t fit keyguard for when my ankle can tolerate relearning sprocket chunk barspin fakies on this bank to skinny ledge subbox spot.

Inactivity is the worst thing you can do (for your back particularly). Go see a physio and get some advice on exercise and stretches that will help you keep shredding.

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline meathead

• View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: January 26, 2015, 02:43:23 PM »
today i looked at my bike and considered fixing the flat tyre ive had for a couple weeks ... but am yet to fix it , maybe tomorrow?

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: January 26, 2015, 11:19:16 PM »
Tried to true my wheels again. Made up a Frankenstein collapse chain

Offline CHROME_RIMS_YO

• View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: January 27, 2015, 10:16:38 AM »
Holla!
You've been riding like a beast lately. Sometime in the future i need to take some time to cone out and shred with you.

haha thank you good sir. yeah i miss riding with you too, it'd be really good to meet up sometime. i'm thinking amtrak might be a good option to keep it simple, meet up in LA or i'd go from LA eastward and probably get out somewhere near you. or if you ever want to come all the way here i have a spare bedroom all set up.

and G: thanks for the input on getting some help with my back. i feel like it's something that could improve, not sure about my ankle though haha. might just go to the Ankle Depot and pick up some spares. when i said i'd try to take it easy i meant no riding, but i'd still be stretching and working out and keeping active. it seems like if i just laid around in hopes of it healing it wouldn't be like actively trying to strengthen and stretch.
OHH HIS NAME? HIS NAME IS RAAALF, MAN
Quote from: Mike Oxlong;3588221
I always thought you were black just like scram hype haha

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: January 29, 2015, 07:14:30 AM »
Tried to true my wheels again. Made up a Frankenstein collapse chain

Even after a couple of decades I still can't true a wheel for shit, when I build then I hand them off to my mate for tensioning/truing

I make up spare 510's out of the spare links from 3 previous complete chains every 4th chain or so. The joins will never be as robust as the factory's riveting but I rarely suffer failures as I change chains after about 3 months of regular riding (extending longer when more inactive, in this case probably a year) as I prefer the initial factory lube over a relube

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #4319 on: January 29, 2015, 07:14:30 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello