Multimedia

Author Topic: Pets thread.  (Read 249423 times)

Offline _tom_

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tom_the_beast
Re: Pets thread.
« Reply #495 on: June 24, 2013, 12:16:08 PM »
Yeah I keep thinking it might be ok, as my dad will usually be at home on the weekends I'm working, but then last week I had 3x12hr shifts in a row and realised I'd be out the house for 14 hours at a time and I can't always rely on friends/family to go sort a dog out for me. Sucks as I could afford one and it'd be awesome to get a rescue dog.

Danno

« Reply #496 on: June 24, 2013, 12:23:43 PM »
I spent hours rebuilding my turtle tank from fresh the other week. Ruben and Reggie better appreciate it.

Offline Hank Chinaski

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 24, 2013, 03:17:37 PM »
Yeah I keep thinking it might be ok, as my dad will usually be at home on the weekends I'm working, but then last week I had 3x12hr shifts in a row and realised I'd be out the house for 14 hours at a time and I can't always rely on friends/family to go sort a dog out for me. Sucks as I could afford one and it'd be awesome to get a rescue dog.

I realize everyone can't do it but I work 3x12 each week and I have walkers come by and take him out to play. They charge me $12 a day so it's $36 a week. The amount of awesome my dog brings to my life is well worth that.
Quote from:
His hair is alive with the crimson ghost of our father\'s lost adventures!

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 24, 2013, 03:37:17 PM »
Not to mention a life in a shelter is such a lower quality than that of a working mans relationship. My wife and I work but focus on the dog in regards to coming home or running errands. She comes with me almost everywhere besides work and the skatepark (nervous breakdown there). Do it if you feel committed.

Offline bouncehouse420

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 03, 2013, 03:09:12 PM »
wife got me a new puppy...hes a mcnab/border collie/catahoula leopard dog mix.  based on his mix he will be between 35 and 90 lbs. im gonna teach him to hate minorities and tree raccoons.... its in his blood.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 04, 2013, 12:13:03 AM »
Thats stupid, my dog hates everyone besides 20-40 year old women.

Offline bouncehouse420

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 04, 2013, 12:19:41 AM »
he actually loves everyone. my plan has failed.

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 21, 2013, 11:09:57 PM »
I had to bury my dog today. He was 9 and had really bad hip dysplasia. I'm glad we didn't have to put him down, he went on his own... whatever photobucket shit

Offline KillSeth

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 08, 2013, 09:57:34 AM »
I've been heavily considering getting a dog. Current dog owners, what's the advantage/disadvantage spread on those things?

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 08, 2013, 02:08:38 PM »
I've been heavily considering getting a dog. Current dog owners, what's the advantage/disadvantage spread on those things?

Pros:
-Companionship like no other animal. They will be your best friend forever.
-Fun. You can take them anywhere and they love it.
-Makes you appreciate little things. Hanging out in the back yard is fun since the dog is with you and wants to play.
-Raises your immune system (seriously)
-Makes you calmer and happier
-Women love cute dogs and will talk to you more

Cons:
-Cost: vet bills, high quality food, adoption fees or breeder costs, toys, training, the list goes on.
-Time: you can't leave them alone like a cat. Even an 8hr work day (+commute) is pushing it for most dogs to be left alone.
-Training: you get out what you put in. Every well behaved, trained dog is that way because of the 100s of hours that were put into them
-Dirty: if you're a clean freak, look the other way. Dogs run through mud, roll in dead things, get poop stuck to their ass, etc.

Offline nitromors

• Cucking Funt
  • Winner of the Barcode Buildoff
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 09, 2013, 03:08:48 PM »
wife got me a new puppy...hes a mcnab/border collie/catahoula leopard dog mix.  based on his mix he will be between 35 and 90 lbs. im gonna teach him to hate minorities and tree raccoons.... its in his blood.

Border Collie?

I think someones pulling your leg mate,

If anything it looks like a Jack Russell/Plummer terrier!

Offline hugh.

• Pedo-Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 09, 2013, 05:28:55 PM »

-Dirty: if you're a clean freak, look the other way. Dogs run through mud, roll in dead things, get poop stuck to their ass, etc.

My furniture is hairier since I got a dog.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 09, 2013, 05:35:46 PM »

My furniture is hairier since I got a dog.

Yeah, I totally forgot about that... the fur is another huge thing. We have two long haired cats and two herding breed dogs with double coats so animal hair is a fact of life for us.

Offline KillSeth

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 10, 2013, 09:02:41 AM »
I am normally meticulously clean. Is it just an impossible task to keep up with? Or are you lot just more lax with your vacuuming?

Offline hugh.

• Pedo-Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 10, 2013, 11:31:48 AM »
Im pretty lax with cleaning. Maybe once a week depending on how hungover I am. You really want a good powerful vacuum to get hair out of carpets though.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #509 on: October 10, 2013, 11:31:48 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special