Multimedia

Author Topic: 22 inches  (Read 391563 times)

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #285 on: November 27, 2012, 09:08:51 AM »
Quote from: cmc4130;3608724
Man, I loved Ray's so much.  I went in Nov '09 I think it was. I'm sure it's even better now. The best part is having different areas for traditional bowl/quarter type park setups and other areas for "trails" style loops that are one-directional and bring you roughly back to where you started.  You can have 30 people on deck and everyone dropping in one after the other in long trains.  Whereas, over in the bowl/box/quarter areas, everyone has to wait on deck for one rider.  Any bike park of the future must incorporate the trails loop concept.

But yeah, it would be sick if there was a 22" demo bike at Ray's.  I suggested that to FACTION like 3 years ago.  Maybe S&M will hook it up.

Pepper's second InDust 2ton, this one, proto.v2.  It's a little shorter in the front as well as the back.  Pepper loves it. Vernon thinks it's a little too short/quick for trails, after being used to v.1.  This is the fun of getting protos made !!

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237841&p=3842343&viewfull=1#post3842343

Unless Trek is making a 22" bike, you probably won't be seeing any in Ray's for rental/demo.  We had a Model C in there and as soon as Trek took over they said they couldn't use it any more.

Also pisses me off because the deal we made was to give the bike (full after market Model C build with all Odyssey parts) and in return we would have the "Sunday box" that I believe is now the "Tree box" in the jump room for 2 years, and we got about 3/4 of a season.  LAME FEST.
Quote from: bluemeate;3457724
session a quarter everyday!

Offline ssteinbr

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #286 on: November 27, 2012, 08:25:48 PM »
Quote from: skateparkrider;3610717
Unless Trek is making a 22" bike, you probably won't be seeing any in Ray's for rental/demo.  We had a Model C in there and as soon as Trek took over they said they couldn't use it any more.

Also pisses me off because the deal we made was to give the bike (full after market Model C build with all Odyssey parts) and in return we would have the "Sunday box" that I believe is now the "Tree box" in the jump room for 2 years, and we got about 3/4 of a season.  LAME FEST.

Sorry to hear that...  I rode that exact model C this summer at Joyride150... I mean exact same brake pads, tires and cable too!!!  Everything was 100% still working.  That Model C is laid out for sure.

I was talking with the (ray's) guys tonight and sounds like S&M wouldn't be an issue with Trek but who knows if it will come to pass.

I miss those few years with Nina Logan and Bobby at the helm.  I remember your green model c with the purple stem blasting that Oakley jump about as high as anyone I have ever seen.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 08:40:27 PM by ssteinbr »

Offline therussianbabe

• Hamster Muncher
  • Investing Guru
    • View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #287 on: November 27, 2012, 09:09:18 PM »
Quote from: ssteinbr;3610870
Sorry to hear that...  I rode that exact model C this summer at Joyride150... I mean exact same brake pads, tires and cable too!!!  Everything was 100% still working.  That Model C is laid out for sure.

I was talking with the (ray's) guys tonight and sounds like S&M wouldn't be an issue with Trek but who knows if it will come to pass.

I miss those few years with Nina Logan and Bobby at the helm.  I remember your green model c with the purple stem blasting that Oakley jump about as high as anyone I have ever seen.

When Nina and them were there I was there every weekend all weekend. It was practically a Section Eight reunion.

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #288 on: November 28, 2012, 09:49:14 AM »
Quote from: ssteinbr;3610870

Yeah, miss those days for sure.  Model C was the best bike to ride at Ray's, hands down!  The green with purple were it's Donatello days.  Now we are on to Michelangelo with that orange!! And I at least still get to ride with Nina and Logan a bunch, so that is cool.

If we ever get a chance to get back there I will for sure hit you up.  After pedaling around on the 22" Holmes at Interbike I would love to ramp the shit out of it.
Quote from: bluemeate;3457724
session a quarter everyday!

Offline Blue Streak

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #289 on: November 29, 2012, 03:23:52 PM »
Wheels will be getting built next week after the custom spokes come in.

Offline Sasha

• Pro_Tom
  • Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #290 on: November 29, 2012, 03:31:06 PM »
That is gonna be awesome.

Offline KillSeth

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #291 on: November 29, 2012, 03:32:49 PM »
Seriously, that thing looks nice.

Offline Blue Streak

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #292 on: November 29, 2012, 03:40:42 PM »
Thanks guys. I'm still bummed that I could not get chrome hoops since no one makes them, so they will be black aero Velocity hoops laced to polished Profile mini hubs.

Offline Admiral Ackbar

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #293 on: November 29, 2012, 04:57:38 PM »
strip the anodizing off em!
Quote from: blueee;3557172
i went to a rave at a zoo one time. although i didnt give the dolphins heroin substitute

Offline Blue Streak

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #294 on: November 29, 2012, 07:36:44 PM »
I almost did strip the ano off them and had them polished but I figured screw it I'll run the black wheels until someone makes a nice chrome hoop then I'll swap them out.

Offline ssteinbr

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #295 on: November 29, 2012, 08:21:49 PM »
Quote from: Blue Streak;3611344
Thanks guys. I'm still bummed that I could not get chrome hoops since no one makes them, so they will be black aero Velocity hoops laced to polished Profile mini hubs.

Very nice!

Offline ssteinbr

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #296 on: December 02, 2012, 03:24:15 PM »
I got an email from Kevin at Faction and just put an order through for their foldable tires.  They look like Ruben OG tires.  Man I can't wait!

Offline Blue Streak

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #297 on: December 02, 2012, 03:58:51 PM »
Do they have the tires? Someone else told me you could order them but they were not expected to ship them until the end of the year.

Offline ssteinbr

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #298 on: December 02, 2012, 04:13:54 PM »
Quote from: Blue Streak;3611971
Do they have the tires? Someone else told me you could order them but they were not expected to ship them until the end of the year.

They have them to the US with free shipping but will take 28 days.  I think this is because there will be a US distro and the tires will be sent from there.  But I sent Kevin an email just to be sure.  I will post whatever I find out but the online store is working for the tires.  The frame/fork/wheels kit is online to order too and he is throwing in the innova tores at no extra cost.

Offline Blue Streak

• View Profile
22 inches
« Reply #299 on: December 02, 2012, 04:52:53 PM »
Ok great, I need to order 2 of the tires myself.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

22 inches
« Reply #299 on: December 02, 2012, 04:52:53 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special