Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1743185 times)

Offline Rick James

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3720 on: November 15, 2012, 09:45:40 PM »
Only if it were the zombie apocalypse.

As was mentioned earlier I just feel like most of the .22's I've shot are way too finicky to trust in a defensive situation. If I could actually carry (damn you IL) it would have to be with a handgun that's been run through its paces and proven itself reliable.

Offline Birdmane

• nekbeerd
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3721 on: November 15, 2012, 10:29:43 PM »
Id carry a kel tec .22mag if I could find one, and if I could carry...
L0F

Offline William

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3722 on: November 15, 2012, 10:34:16 PM »
Quote from: Birdmane;3607745
Id carry a kel tec .22mag if I could find one, and if I could carry...

Yeah Illinois sucks cock for gun owners, I'll never understand why they banned conceal carry... now only criminals can do it and honest citizens cannot. Makes sense.

▲▲ amidoinitrite?

Offline Cat Daddy

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3723 on: November 15, 2012, 11:32:28 PM »
Hawaii is like top three (bad gun states), along with CA. Spend a decent ammount of time in Tahoe area, would like to see if I could get a CCW permit for in Reno...There has been so many stabbings in the past month over here (like 12) or something.

Offline Moshrides1

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3724 on: November 16, 2012, 12:27:36 AM »
One word. Headshot!! But seriously, a .22lr is actually very deadly if fired at the head, It has just enough to enter but not exit. Think about what that could do. Only downside is distance is limited but I have my .45 and I can swap the slides and have it ready to rock in under 10s if I need to. The only thing I don't like about the .22 slide is the sights but other then that no problems. Since ive bought the .22 I haven't shot the .45. That was a year ago   . I was firing federal rounds. The 333round box's
Here is the pistol with the .22 slide.
Small~Town~Mischief

Refs:Stolenrider,pcxl,Kinkrida12,trf_kink_rida,
Mphelps,andrew shope.

Offline William

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3725 on: November 16, 2012, 12:48:31 AM »
Quote from: Moshrides1;3607775
One word. Headshot!!

Not even just headshots. Body shots with a .22 do damage too, people have this idea that it's about as useful as a bb-gun but it's completely wrong. It should be respected as much as any other firearm.

It's just like the argument for birdshot. People act like birdshot is complete shit and won't kill anyone, and at a certain distance that's true, but I dare you to stand 40 feet away and take a round to your chest. Shit will still do damage regardless. Either one in a self defense situation is much better than being unarmed.

▲▲ amidoinitrite?

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3726 on: November 16, 2012, 01:45:49 AM »
Quote from: William;3607785
Not even just headshots. Body shots with a .22 do damage too, people have this idea that it's about as useful as a bb-gun but it's completely wrong. It should be respected as much as any other firearm.

It's just like the argument for birdshot. People act like birdshot is complete shit and won't kill anyone, and at a certain distance that's true, but I dare you to stand 40 feet away and take a round to your chest. Shit will still do damage regardless. Either one in a self defense situation is much better than being unarmed.

bb and pelet guns are deadly too... anything that shoots a prjectile should be treated with the same respect.

youre missing the point of what ive said. if youre buying one handgun for both carry use and plinking id suggest you not buy a .22. a 9mm or .40 is a much better defensive weapon and they are still semi affordable to shoot.

Offline Moshrides1

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3727 on: November 16, 2012, 07:35:28 AM »
Quote from: BOUNCEHOUSE420;3607799
bb and pelet guns are deadly too... anything that shoots a prjectile should be treated with the same respect.

youre missing the point of what ive said. if youre buying one handgun for both carry use and plinking id suggest you not buy a .22. a 9mm or .40 is a much better defensive weapon and they are still semi affordable to shoot.

It's a good point, but that's where I step in. I have exactly what you pointed out, the .45acp for defense and the .22lr for plinking. You can bet your ass I will trust my life with either caliber in either situation. I have about 6-7 .22's it's my main source of target/small game. I could hunt deer with a .22, but one, their illegal to hunt with and two, distance is limited, but if I'm within bow range,75 yards or so you can bet whatever is at the end of my barrel is dead.

Remember, your training you, not the gun. A .22 will be one of the most reliable guns, if you take proper care of it.
Small~Town~Mischief

Mphelps,andrew shope.

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3728 on: November 16, 2012, 08:25:32 AM »
That made no sense. You know why its illegal to hunt deer with a .22? Because chances are you will just injure it instead of killing it right away. I could kill a deer with a knife if I could get close enough but that doesn't make it practical.

Offline Moshrides1

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3729 on: November 16, 2012, 08:59:50 AM »
Quote from: Moshrides1;3607854
I could hunt deer with a .22, but one, their illegal to hunt with and two, distance is limited, but if I'm within bow range,75 yards or so you can bet whatever is at the end of my barrel is dead.

Quote from: BOUNCEHOUSE420;3607858
That made no sense. You know why its illegal to hunt deer with a .22? Because chances are you will just injure it instead of killing it right away. I could kill a deer with a knife if I could get close enough but that doesn't make it practical.

I guess I didn't explain it well enough..I know exactly why they are illegal. I hunt every single year and haven't missed a shot. In most cases, yes you will only injure the dear. If I was going to shoot a deer with a .22, I won't, but if I did I have enough knowledge to know exactly where to shoot it and kill it with one shot. If I was 100 yards away I would do the logical thing. Get closer. It's not about the caliber, it's about the shot.. Learn to place shots and you won't have to worry about which caliber you have in your hand.
Small~Town~Mischief

Mphelps,andrew shope.

Offline Garrett.

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3730 on: November 16, 2012, 09:35:15 AM »
Quote from: BOUNCEHOUSE420;3607858

On another note, I want to see a deer get gutted with a knife.
It\'s called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it.
-GC

Offline William

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3731 on: November 18, 2012, 01:02:40 AM »
I blew my paycheck on another gun... double barrel 16 gauge!
I think I have an addiction.

▲▲ amidoinitrite?

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3732 on: November 18, 2012, 03:18:21 PM »
thinking of building an Ak maybe santa will bring me an Egyptian maadi kit.

BOUNCEHOUSE420

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3733 on: November 20, 2012, 01:05:06 AM »
Quote from: BOUNCEHOUSE420;3608373
thinking of building an Ak maybe santa will bring me an Egyptian maadi kit.

just ordered this

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #3734 on: November 20, 2012, 01:06:29 AM »
are those egyptian kits legal in ca? fairly cheap and quite awesome.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #3734 on: November 20, 2012, 01:06:29 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello