Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 1745190 times)

Offline ilvmybicycle

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #735 on: August 15, 2009, 06:23:44 PM »
Quote from: couch;3063306
The sub compact Glocks look/feel so nice.

i had to couch... sorry

i know you love em.
g-troop[/SIZE]

Offline paulie

• Staff
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Post Your Guns
« Reply #736 on: August 15, 2009, 08:09:05 PM »
Quote from: ilvmybicycle;3059374
lets just say in my county they are taking ccw's away from people

care to expand on that? quite a few of my mates in the states have ccw's and have no problems.
union  

everyday video editing hell

"The ship that is our industry is sinking fast and there only seems to be 20 lifeboats for 2200 passengers, and those lifeboats are only letting on friends or family."

Offline ilvmybicycle

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #737 on: August 15, 2009, 08:16:03 PM »
Quote from: paulie;3063398
care to expand on that? quite a few of my mates in the states have ccw's and have no problems.

we had a sketchy sheriff who got busted for evidence tampering. and like 16 other charges were dropped. well the dude was handing out CCW's for everyone ( NOT ME!!!!! ) and all his friends. well we then got an ACTING SHERIFF and well she doesnt think that anyone should be able to defend themselfs.

its sucks, there is also a couple of other reasons like that our state is a liberal leftist state and we get some sweet gun laws.
:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:
g-troop[/SIZE]

Offline paulie

• Staff
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Post Your Guns
« Reply #738 on: August 15, 2009, 08:36:31 PM »
Quote from: ilvmybicycle;3063399
we had a sketchy sheriff who got busted for evidence tampering. and like 16 other charges were dropped. well the dude was handing out CCW's for everyone ( NOT ME!!!!! ) and all his friends. well we then got an ACTING SHERIFF and well she doesnt think that anyone should be able to defend themselfs.

its sucks, there is also a couple of other reasons like that our state is a liberal leftist state and we get some sweet gun laws.
:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

your state is leftist??? the whole of the usa is right wing/ultra right wing. no state or any local government in the usa is remotely left wing.

surely gun laws aren't a bad thing (to a point) as it stops miscreants obtaining firearms and only the law abiding populace has them? you'd have to be pretty daft to let anyone have a gun...

as for your corruption problem, i hope you manage to sort it out. sounds pretty bad if government officials are able to compromise your laws.
union  

everyday video editing hell

"The ship that is our industry is sinking fast and there only seems to be 20 lifeboats for 2200 passengers, and those lifeboats are only letting on friends or family."

Offline ilvmybicycle

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #739 on: August 16, 2009, 12:26:31 PM »
Quote from: paulie;3063407
your state is leftist??? the whole of the usa is right wing/ultra right wing. no state or any local government in the usa is remotely left wing.

surely gun laws aren't a bad thing (to a point) as it stops miscreants obtaining firearms and only the law abiding populace has them? you'd have to be pretty daft to let anyone have a gun...

as for your corruption problem, i hope you manage to sort it out. sounds pretty bad if government officials are able to compromise your laws.

thats some real world shit right there mang.

even you know how shit like this works.
g-troop[/SIZE]

Offline -MEAT-

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #740 on: August 16, 2009, 12:37:04 PM »
I can appreciate a lot of these guns from an engineering perspective, think id feel a little cheated if i got one of these plastic glocks etc though? I can see the practicalities of the lower weight and cost and all that, but surely half the pleasure of owning a gun (the other half being killing shit and posing in front a mirror) is in the tactile feel and action of it, right?
Quote from: Courtesy Flush;2749112
You insensitive prick.

Offline ilvmybicycle

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #741 on: August 16, 2009, 12:44:54 PM »
Quote from: -MEAT-;3063753
I can appreciate a lot of these guns from an engineering perspective, think id feel a little cheated if i got one of these plastic glocks etc though? I can see the practicalities of the lower weight and cost and all that, but surely half the pleasure of owning a gun (the other half being killing shit and posing in front a mirror) is in the tactile feel and action of it, right?

COUCH HE CALLED YOUR GUN PLASTIC.

the only reason people buy guns is so they can feel hard.

thats why everyone keeps telling me.

i use my guns for expensive paper weights
g-troop[/SIZE]

Offline U-238

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #742 on: August 16, 2009, 07:02:50 PM »
Just brought my 30/30 and 12 gauge out of storage.  I am going to give them a thorough clean then post up some pics.  I am pretty excited, small game season starts in two weeks and then hopefully later in the year I'll bag a deer.
Moving N of the V

bike check

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #743 on: August 16, 2009, 09:47:19 PM »
Quote from: -MEAT-;3063753

Other than not being as cold as aluminum/steel, Polymer feels the same. A ton of tactical style stuff is made of some type of plastic. Glocks, Pelican/Storm Cases, Kydex sheaths/holsters, etc. Glock has proven how reliable their pistols are and I back that. I want something that I know will fire if I need it to and/or when I want it to. Pull the trigger and it goes BANG everytime, no questions asked, given its loaded with quality ammo. There's a video on youtube of a guy that takes a NIB Glock and ties it to a rope. Then pulls it behind his truck for ten minutes in the dirt. The thing gets beat to hell. He sticks a full mag in it and it fired everyone without problem. I highly doubt I'm going to be in a life threatening situation, but if I am I want to know its going to work. Glock has proven that it will time and time again. Yeah its a Polymer frame, but it shoots bullets and that's all that matters when the time comes.

I didn't buy a Glock for looks. That's what the 1911 project is for. :D

Offline ilvmybicycle

• View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #744 on: August 16, 2009, 10:19:06 PM »
couch get off the internet lets debadge the nissan
g-troop[/SIZE]

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #745 on: August 16, 2009, 10:37:26 PM »
That's very tempting. Lemme delete some shit from the "other" site and I'll hit you up. Then lets go shoot guns.

8 MORE DAYS!!!

Offline wheelr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #746 on: August 16, 2009, 10:47:07 PM »
Quote from: couch;3063921
Other than not being as cold as aluminum/steel, Polymer feels the same. A ton of tactical style stuff is made of some type of plastic. Glocks, Pelican/Storm Cases, Kydex sheaths/holsters, etc. Glock has proven how reliable their pistols are and I back that. I want something that I know will fire if I need it to and/or when I want it to. Pull the trigger and it goes BANG everytime, no questions asked, given its loaded with quality ammo. There's a video on youtube of a guy that takes a NIB Glock and ties it to a rope. Then pulls it behind his truck for ten minutes in the dirt. The thing gets beat to hell. He sticks a full mag in it and it fired everyone without problem. I highly doubt I'm going to be in a life threatening situation, but if I am I want to know its going to work. Glock has proven that it will time and time again. Yeah its a Polymer frame, but it shoots bullets and that's all that matters when the time comes.

I didn't buy a Glock for looks. That's what the 1911 project is for. :D

These plastic guns really are great.

Glock
http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90

Springfield XD
http://springfield-armory.primediaoutdoors.com/SPstory11.php

Offline couch

• ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #747 on: August 17, 2009, 03:30:27 AM »
The Glock 21 Torture Test you posted is pretty wild. I've yet to see any other pistol stand up to that much abuse and still fire.

Offline Macaroni Sandwich

• lonely fruit
  • Veteran
  • Ramblin' Man
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #748 on: August 17, 2009, 02:22:00 PM »

Offline joe p.

• Beiber Haircut
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns