Multimedia

Author Topic: Post Your Guns  (Read 463461 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline greenreese

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 3117
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2009, 04:31:11 PM »
Quote from: desson;2808695
I didnt have to use my Ak Today, It was a good day.

I got it.



Quote from: couch;2808604
.357 Magnums are really nice. If I were to get a revolver it would be something similar to that.



Those are awesome.  If I ever get a gun it's gonna be a revolver.  I like the simplicity and the fact that you can see how it works.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 04:33:08 PM by greenreese »
La Di Da Di

Offline dirtJumper35

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 694
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2009, 05:12:15 PM »
Revolvers are sweet. But they are loud as fack and aren't as efficient. If you're just 'plinking' in your backyard or at a target range then they are definitely fun to shoot.

God, I want to shoot a Glock 18 w/ an extended clip. Full auto. Up to 20 rounds a second. Sick nasty.

Offline seadonkeyraypis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2430
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/dennis_ho
Post Your Guns
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2009, 05:18:38 PM »
I put a vote in for Mossberg 500 or 590. If you're looking for strictly home defense I don't think you can beat a reliable pump shotgun. Just the sound of chambering a shell could be enough to deter an intruder.  You can go into any Big 5 store and get one for around $300-$400. Stick with Buckshot.

Offline Mr X40

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 812
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2009, 05:51:36 PM »

this is my bb gun its a hatsan mod 35 17 guage with a tasco scope. its quiet and pretty fun to shoot at things.

i would have something more manlier but in canada you need permits and stuff which i dont want.
refs: Gary, Drewl4130, ProfileGasMan, rileymd, powersbikeshop, super_chief

Offline eazy_tom

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1893
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2009, 06:25:22 PM »
Quote from: dirtJumper35;2866151
Revolvers are sweet. But they are loud as fack and aren't as efficient. If you're just 'plinking' in your backyard or at a target range then they are definitely fun to shoot.

God, I want to shoot a Glock 18 w/ an extended clip. Full auto. Up to 20 rounds a second. Sick nasty.

You say that a revolver is not efficient, yet you want a glock 18.
An automatic hand gun is probably the least efficient fire arm ever.
Get emmm!
tumblr yay

Offline dirtJumper35

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 694
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2009, 06:26:37 PM »
I dont want it because it is "efficient". I want to shoot one because it would be a blast.

Offline Hank Chinaski

  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 9726
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2009, 06:31:20 PM »
Quote from: wheelr;2866074
One thing I really like about firearms is they hold their value for the most part.  As long as it isn't some generic piece of junk you can sell it for about what you have in to it.  My long gun I bought a couple years ago is now selling for two to three hundred bucks more than what I payed.


Alot of that is because of Obama.  People are so scared he's going to take away guns, prices are through the roof.  The gun I just bought was 150 bucks less 18 months ago and thats pretty consistent across the board it seems.  I just went to a gun show recently and previously theres been a good turnout but this time, it was back to back and the line was about 100 yards long.  People are paranoid as hell right now.  What also sucks is that dealers are less likely to give breaks on prices right now because theres such demand.  I heard alot of the dealers talking about how this is the biggest rush they've seen in memory.

edit:  I was also going to remark on the efficient comment.  Care to elaborate?  Revolvers are extremely simple and efficient.  So many pistols for home defense are DAO now anyways so its not that much different to shoot.  You can just do alot more with a semi-auto and to many theyre more comfortable.  I personally love revolvers and think theyre a blast to shoot.  My .357 mag is the most accurate gun I have.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 06:35:30 PM by Hank Chinaski »
Quote from:
His hair is alive with the crimson ghost of our father\'s lost adventures!

Offline dirtJumper35

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 694
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2009, 06:41:05 PM »
Quote from: Hank Chinaski;2866261


Revolvers are extremely simple and efficient.

You can just do alot more with a semi-auto and to many theyre more comfortable.  

I personally love revolvers and think theyre a blast to shoot.

All 3 of those statements are what I would have to say. I'm didn't mean for it to sound like a was scoffing at revolvers. It's just apparent that they don't perform/handle as well as semiauto handguns, because handgun companies produce more semiauto than revolver these days.

Offline Rick James

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2845
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2009, 06:48:46 PM »
Quote from: Hank Chinaski;2866261
Alot of that is because of Obama.  People are so scared he's going to take away guns, prices are through the roof.  The gun I just bought was 150 bucks less 18 months ago and thats pretty consistent across the board it seems.  I just went to a gun show recently and previously theres been a good turnout but this time, it was back to back and the line was about 100 yards long.  People are paranoid as hell right now.  What also sucks is that dealers are less likely to give breaks on prices right now because theres such demand.  I heard alot of the dealers talking about how this is the biggest rush they've seen in memory.


Yup.  I just went to one last month and there were a ton of people looking at AR-15's and the like.  The main reason I even went was because my brother-in-law was looking to get one himself.  People are definitely scared.

Offline wheelr

  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 8970
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2009, 07:06:56 PM »
Quote from: Hank Chinaski;2866261
Alot of that is because of Obama.  People are so scared he's going to take away guns, prices are through the roof.  The gun I just bought was 150 bucks less 18 months ago and thats pretty consistent across the board it seems.  I just went to a gun show recently and previously theres been a good turnout but this time, it was back to back and the line was about 100 yards long.  People are paranoid as hell right now.  What also sucks is that dealers are less likely to give breaks on prices right now because theres such demand.  I heard alot of the dealers talking about how this is the biggest rush they've seen in memory.

Yeah, that's why I bought my XDM a few months back.  It can hold 16+1 rounds which may be illegal if another Assault Weapons Ban is passed.  It's also why I stocked up on 20 round mags for my M1A.

Speaking of...my two free XDM mags should be coming any day now from Springfield.  I need to find some more for my rifle though.

Offline eazy_tom

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1893
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2009, 08:00:59 PM »
Quote from: dirtJumper35;2866258
I dont want it because it is "efficient". I want to shoot one because it would be a blast.

Well that's a different story, and I agree.
Get emmm!
tumblr yay

Offline Small Member

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 3564
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2009, 08:34:36 PM »
I have a 30/30 for cougars in the pig pen and a .45 for grizzlies and brown bears when I'm out hiking.
Quote from: Danno
I just feel a little bit wrong that I could have been in a swimming lesson or playing kiss-chase when they were being forced out of their mums clacker.

Offline Hank Chinaski

  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 9726
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2009, 12:42:05 AM »
Ok, so I'm actually going shooting tomorrow so I went over to Walmart to pick up some rounds.  They were sold out of every pistol ammunition except for .40S&W and .45ACP (got something at least, no others).  Later this evening I went to another Walmart close by with a friend and decided to check there.  They didnt have any at all but shit like .25 and .32, no .38, no nothing.  The guy pointed to a letter posted on the counter which basically stated that there is such a demand for ammunition right now that they're having trouble keeping up with demand.  The letter even mentioned people's fear of a possible tax on ammunition.  So, my question finally, is this something to worry about legitimately or is it more general paranoia.
Quote from:
His hair is alive with the crimson ghost of our father\'s lost adventures!

Offline William

  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 6377
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2009, 01:08:25 AM »
Quote from: Hank Chinaski;2866744
Ok, so I'm actually going shooting tomorrow so I went over to Walmart to pick up some rounds.  They were sold out of every pistol ammunition except for .40S&W and .45ACP (got something at least, no others).  Later this evening I went to another Walmart close by with a friend and decided to check there.  They didnt have any at all but shit like .25 and .32, no .38, no nothing.  The guy pointed to a letter posted on the counter which basically stated that there is such a demand for ammunition right now that they're having trouble keeping up with demand.  The letter even mentioned people's fear of a possible tax on ammunition.  So, my question finally, is this something to worry about legitimately or is it more general paranoia.

It sold out in preparation for Obama, and some of his new plans.

 ▲▲ amidoinitrite?

Offline wheelr

  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 8970
    • View Profile
Post Your Guns
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2009, 01:24:48 AM »
Quote from: Hank Chinaski;2866744
So, my question finally, is this something to worry about legitimately or is it more general paranoia.


Yes, there is a real worry with the democrats in power.

There's been a bill rolling around various states that would require all ammunition to be individually serialized, and all ammunition bought before with no number would have to be demolished by 2010 or some shit.  Read about California's bill by searching "AB 352".  Funny, but sad, is the fact that the company who has the technology to do such serializing is the main proponent behind the legislation.

And here is something straight from whitehouse.gov:
Quote
Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

Seems kind of fucked up to say they respect the rights of gun owners but want to pass something as ridiculous as the AWB.

As for WalMart, yeah, they're being cleaned out as soon as they get anything in.  I went searching for some .40 the other day and two of the stores in town didn't have shit.  A day later my friend called me to say they had some in.  We cleaned out the 18 boxes they had in stock.  WalMart has the best prices on the stuff.

Basically, on the ammo thing, prices are skyrocketing due to worry and the subsequent demand.  I bought a few battle packs of 7.62NATO surplus not too long ago for $99/pack.  A couple weeks later they were selling for $140/pack.  One could make good money if they had a good bit of capital to work with.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Post Your Guns
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2009, 01:24:48 AM »

 

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello