Multimedia

Author Topic: quikreteing spots  (Read 4545 times)

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
quikreteing spots
« on: January 11, 2016, 07:04:50 PM »
I've never personally done this but I remember years ago people posting about doing it. I found this spot in the woods consisting of a flat concrete platform slightly smaller than a tennis court. It has an 7-8" step down about halfway across and a 6-8" ledge around most of it. It is surrounded by grass on two sides and trees on the other two.

I've brought pieces of plywood, 2 x 4s and wooden pallets and made wedges and random obstacles to ride. Now I'm thinking about buying some quikrete and bringing it over to build small transitions and whatnot. How difficult/expensive would it be to do this? I'm open to suggestions as to what to build. Post photos of quikrete spots if you have them.

Offline Ryandavidhoward

• View Profile
Re: quikreteing spots
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 09:51:04 PM »
I've Quickcreted a bunch of stuff over the last few months. Filling in cracks in run ups, a road barrier, a bank to wall and a few other things. A bag is only a few bucks. Using rocks and bricks as filler you can build pretty much anything. Milk jugs full of water, a good shovel and a float are pretty key to making things easy.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 06:55:16 PM »
we added some to a sewage drain bowl thingy with rough as fuck walls to make it ridable. my mate grabbed some bags of concrete from a building site nearby, and we mixed it with sand (aka WAs equivalent to soil) and chucked it down. worked good, but was messy as fuck (wear old shoes etc cos theyll probs get dirty). we were lucky there was a tap next to it so we could mix it all up in situ, plus my mate is a bricky so he told us the optimum ratio of sand to use
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 06:55:16 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello