Multimedia

Author Topic: Closing registration and Bg's future.  (Read 12066 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline sheepdog

  • Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 29622
    • View Profile
Closing registration and Bg's future.
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2008, 11:49:23 AM »
Quote from: PatriotBMX;2352796
probably, but if you banned him, he would put the pieces together and find out it was actually bikeguide working in conjunction with the CIA.  The government sees that alaskan knows whats really going on in this country and theyve been trying to shut him up.

Actually, one of the staff would probably ban him before I would, by all rights he already crossed the line.

I usually let shit slide when it is about me regardless of how bad it is. I don't like using my power like that.



Edit: Even though I still end up being blamed for it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 11:51:45 AM by sheepdog »

Offline alaskan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1977
    • View Profile
Closing registration and Bg's future.
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2008, 12:04:04 PM »
Quote from: sheepdog;2352793
Text is text, it does not convey emotion or tone.


What about context? That's still a word too, right?

Offline wheelr

  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 8970
    • View Profile
Closing registration and Bg's future.
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2008, 05:49:26 PM »
Quote from: PatriotBMX;2352796
probably, but if you banned him, he would put the pieces together and find out it was actually bikeguide working in conjunction with the CIA.  The government sees that alaskan knows whats really going on in this country and theyve been trying to shut him up.




It could be real.

Offline couch

  • ZodiacEng.
  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 7655
    • View Profile
Closing registration and Bg's future.
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2008, 06:07:44 PM »
I'm on a few forums... They are all open registration, less bmxboard. One of them has a feature that has you write a short bit about yourself and why you want to join... helps keep out the dbags. The you submit your request to join. It might be more work for you admins but it could help...

Offline Destro

  • Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 216
    • View Profile
Closing registration and Bg's future.
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2008, 06:13:37 PM »
This place is great! There is some funny characters on here. I have been a member since 06 and only posted like 2 times this being my 3rd. I guess I never wanted to be one of those " noobs " that make the place shitty.
haha

Offline The Fresh Pinch

  • Pinched Fresh
  • Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 13387
  • Grouchy
    • View Profile
Closing registration and Bg's future.
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2008, 06:14:49 PM »
that is so awesome. Post more!
Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions- Thomas Jefferson.

Offline tom mann

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 3683
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bcbmx.co.uk
Closing registration and Bg's future.
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2008, 07:07:33 PM »
basic test that needs to be passed:

your/you're
their/there/they're
to/too/two

i don't use capitals(sp?) or spell some words correctly but those three do my fucking head in.
Quote from: terriblerider;3165425
part of your drive train sounds like you threw ten babies alive into a meat grinder.

Quote from: -MEAT-;3165581
Thats just powerbite music.

Offline asilaydying

  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 6006
    • View Profile
Closing registration and Bg's future.
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008, 07:08:47 PM »
Hating on new members is silly. It's become one of those trends that you only do it because you can and you think it's going to get you cool points with some of the more respected members.

I think you look like a cunt if you bitch out a person new to BMX or Bikeguide just because they arn't educated on the sport enought yet.
The more you Know, the more you realize how little you know.

Offline k.fox

  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 5894
    • View Profile
Closing registration and Bg's future.
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2008, 07:16:19 PM »
Just think of how many entertaining threads would not have been around if registration was closed.  Example would be Georgia; a lot of people thought he was annoying as hell and should've been banned from the get-go, but he was very entertaining on many levels.  I think what couch suggested about the registration summary would be alright.
Quote from: Tomithy;2941712
If you wake up and look each other in the eyes you\'re doing it wrong.

Offline tom mann

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 3683
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bcbmx.co.uk
Closing registration and Bg's future.
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2008, 07:16:27 PM »
new to the sport is different to new to bikeguide though. i'd been on a bmx for over 6 years before i found/joined bg.
Quote from: terriblerider;3165425
part of your drive train sounds like you threw ten babies alive into a meat grinder.

Quote from: -MEAT-;3165581
Thats just powerbite music.

Offline Christopher T.

  • Gentleman AND Scholar
  • O.G. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 12747
    • View Profile
Closing registration and Bg's future.
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2008, 08:06:27 PM »
Quote from: asilaydying;2353583
Hating on new members is silly. It's become one of those trends that you only do it because you can and you think it's going to get you cool points with some of the more respected members.

I think you look like a cunt if you bitch out a person new to BMX or Bikeguide just because they arn't educated on the sport enought yet.


people need to understand that seldom do people pick on "noobs" simply because they're new.

When you join this place it is no different than joining any other circle of people in life. There are people that have been around, know each other and know how to kid around and get a long. When new people come in they see this and try to jump in on it. Sorry pal, no one knows you. Until you give me a reason to like you, I'm not going to assume you're a cool dude. I don't dislike people because they have a low post count, but no way am I going to treat them like I treat the people I've known for over seven years now. That's stupid.

Offline trav

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 3139
    • View Profile
Closing registration and Bg's future.
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2008, 08:27:23 PM »
Quote from: sheepdog;2352029
I know it seems like the smart way to do it, but is it?

How fair is that, the person has not done anything wrong and you are banning them for it? Thought crime anyone? Not exactly fair is it? A lot of people think I treat them unfair enough as it is when they do break a rule.

I have a shitty enough reputation on a lot of other forums as it is. Many people think I am a total dick or the next coming of Hitler, I cannot imagine the reputation I would get if the staff started banning people without a good reason. Trust me, seeing your name dragged through the mud constantly gets old real fast.


Your bad reputation on other bmx messageboards reflects the idea that you moderate threads too strictly.  For example, when one of the RNC workers notified in a post on bmxboard that his company was going out of business, I started a thread about it because felt it important that bikeguide too heard this news.  You immediately deleted it, claiming that we should not discuss such rumors before they are proven true.  I still find that ridiculous: this isn't the CNN website, it's a community.

Offline East_Bay_Ray

  • King Nothing
  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 6491
    • View Profile
    • http://
Closing registration and Bg's future.
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2008, 08:33:01 PM »
Quote from: trav;2353742
Your bad reputation on other bmx messageboards reflects the idea that you moderate threads too strictly.  For example, when one of the RNC workers notified in a post on bmxboard that his company was going out of business, I started a thread about it because felt it important that bikeguide too heard this news.  You immediately deleted it, claiming that we should not discuss such rumors before they are proven true.


Maybe Sheep felt that the announcement of something such as that should be made by the person who owned the company, especially seeing the owner of RNC used to (and maybe still does) post here.

Offline k.fox

  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 5894
    • View Profile
Closing registration and Bg's future.
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2008, 08:51:36 PM »
Quote from: East_Bay_Ray;2353750
Maybe Sheep felt that the announcement of something such as that should be made by the person who owned the company, especially seeing the owner of RNC used to (and maybe still does) post here.


exactly. you could've at least quoting what he said from another site or some sort of evidence to back up your claims.
Quote from: Tomithy;2941712
If you wake up and look each other in the eyes you\'re doing it wrong.

Offline sheepdog

  • Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 29622
    • View Profile
Closing registration and Bg's future.
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2008, 09:10:51 PM »
Quote from: East_Bay_Ray;2353750
Maybe Sheep felt that the announcement of something such as that should be made by the person who owned the company, especially seeing the owner of RNC used to (and maybe still does) post here.

I try to let the companies speak for themselves when I know they frequent the place. I talked to Ryan quite often and was waiting for him to make an announcement.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Closing registration and Bg's future.
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2008, 09:10:51 PM »

 

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special