Multimedia

Author Topic: cantalowes opening jam  (Read 5514 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline paulie

  • Staff
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 31467
    • View Profile
    • http://
cantalowes opening jam
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 04:40:38 PM »
where in south london?

you could get an overground train to kentish town and ride from there. it goes over the river and via kings cross.
union  

everyday video editing hell

"The ship that is our industry is sinking fast and there only seems to be 20 lifeboats for 2200 passengers, and those lifeboats are only letting on friends or family."

Offline Anon.

  • Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 5649
    • View Profile
    • http://www.streetphire.co.uk
cantalowes opening jam
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 07:37:31 PM »
Quote from: paulie;1759983
i'm pretty sure that cantelowes is open to bikes, esp as it specifies bmx in the opening jam details!

but it does now seem to have fencing/lockable gate surrounding it so it could be subject to opening times.

on a downer note a couple of mates went for a look a few weeks ago and had some numpty skater shout 'no pegs! no pegs!' at them. then he went onto say how 'you coan see the burnside influence' of the park... :rolleyes: somehow i can't see them not allowing pegs, who's gonna stop us?

while it looks ok, canelowes is a zillion miles away from burnside... only time will tell how well the bowl flows, i reckon it's too small. but i do think the park section looks like fun.

as i'm moving to north london in a few months this will be one of my local spots so hopefully it'll be ok.

oh and i think the skate plaza is still just a skate plaza, but i'm not really fussed about that.
it's a shame, but as no riders (that i know of) were involved in getting it built leave it to the people who got it sorted.


Although from reading the thread on here earlier, BMXers did get involved early on but were told they wouldn't be needed, back BEFORE it was decided it was skate-only?  So it's more a case of BMXers being fucked over big style by the people at the top.

With my complete lack of knowledge about distances north of the river, how far d'you reckon it'd be from the Waterloo area riding to Cantelowes?  I know it doesn't take that long to get up to Paddington/Oxford St area, so would it be that much further?
Pijin |  ESC | SP

Offline paulie

  • Staff
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 31467
    • View Profile
    • http://
cantalowes opening jam
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 07:59:37 AM »
Quote from: Anon.;1760443
Although from reading the thread on here earlier, BMXers did get involved early on but were told they wouldn't be needed, back BEFORE it was decided it was skate-only?  So it's more a case of BMXers being fucked over big style by the people at the top.

With my complete lack of knowledge about distances north of the river, how far d'you reckon it'd be from the Waterloo area riding to Cantelowes?  I know it doesn't take that long to get up to Paddington/Oxford St area, so would it be that much further?


i had heard about bmx'ers getting pushed out, but i wasn't sure about it...

i don't know anyone that was involved in it, but that just means i don't know as opposed to it not happening!

from waterloo you'd be better off crossing the river on bike, getting the overground train from blackfriars to kentish town. from there you can ride to cantelowes in ten mins.

or to ride, go over waterloo bridge, past aldwych, up southampton row, onto woburn place, then over euston road up eversholt street, onto camden high street, turn right onto camden road (at the junstion that camden tube is on) and cantelowes gardens is half a mile up the road on your right.

paulie 'five years ago that was part of my commute' mctoot.
union  

everyday video editing hell

"The ship that is our industry is sinking fast and there only seems to be 20 lifeboats for 2200 passengers, and those lifeboats are only letting on friends or family."

Offline Krang

  • formerly K.A.Spa
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 3980
    • View Profile
cantalowes opening jam
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2007, 03:53:08 AM »
Me and some mates are coming from the Wimbledonish area (Raynes park and such). Is it best to go to Waterloo aswell?
Quote from: Neckbeard;3191115
Kevin is a good looking guy.

Offline paulie

  • Staff
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 31467
    • View Profile
    • http://
cantalowes opening jam
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007, 05:29:26 AM »
Quote from: K.A.Spa;1763083
Me and some mates are coming from the Wimbledonish area (Raynes park and such). Is it best to go to Waterloo aswell?


if you can get a trian to waterloo you can get off there, then scoot across the river to blackfriars and get the overground to kentish town then ride from there. take an a-z like, cantelowes is on camden road.

looks like a few of us will be going, i ride a red wtp, gyro and pegz. the rest of my lot are mainly brakeless. we'll probably be sitting down and moaning.
union  

everyday video editing hell

"The ship that is our industry is sinking fast and there only seems to be 20 lifeboats for 2200 passengers, and those lifeboats are only letting on friends or family."

Offline Krang

  • formerly K.A.Spa
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 3980
    • View Profile
cantalowes opening jam
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2007, 05:41:57 AM »
Quote from: paulie;1763131
if you can get a trian to waterloo you can get off there, then scoot across the river to blackfriars and get the overground to kentish town then ride from there. take an a-z like, cantelowes is on camden road.

looks like a few of us will be going, i ride a red wtp, gyro and pegz. the rest of my lot are mainly brakeless. we'll probably be sitting down and moaning.


Sweet cheers for that, I'll be riding a brakeless sunday with two pegs.
Quote from: Neckbeard;3191115
Kevin is a good looking guy.

Offline paulie

  • Staff
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 31467
    • View Profile
    • http://
cantalowes opening jam
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2007, 06:54:48 AM »
safe, should see you there fella!
union  

everyday video editing hell

"The ship that is our industry is sinking fast and there only seems to be 20 lifeboats for 2200 passengers, and those lifeboats are only letting on friends or family."

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

cantalowes opening jam
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2007, 06:54:48 AM »

 

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello