The Street > Common Questions and former stickies.

common bearing and bolt/nut sizes

<< < (2/10) > >>

don-231:
primo euro bb bearing size anyone?

reebzor:
Anyone know the measurements for Thomson elite seat post and elite road stem.

thanks.

*edit: Stem face are M5x18mm and the steer tube are M5x21mm

couch:

--- Quote from: moltenbykes;2165080 ---Kenny, hate to correct you, but I know for a fact that the RNC bolts are 3/8"-16tpi. Why? Because I ran them in my mini front hub for about 6 months.
--- End quote ---

I know for a FACT that the RNC cranks I WAS RUNNING before I bought Wombolts used a 5/16-18 thread in each end of the spindle. As with most small companies, a running change is completely possible. They may have changed this up considering the heads on the 5/16-18 bolts pulled off of the thread. The broach was too deep on the ones I had, and the 3/16" broach intersected with the minor diameter of the thread.

I know this because I had to shorten my spindle, remill the square and drill/tap the thread deeper on one side. I also used one of my stem bolts when I had to tighten the cranks since both of the spindle bolts broke, as mentioned above.

There was nothing wrong with the spindle length, however if you remember, I faced the back of the arms so I needed to shorten the spindle. I wanted a smaller Q-Factor.

Anyways, long story short, mine were 5/16-18, yours were 3/8-16.

.Lee.:
What's the threading on a star fangled nut? One like this, incase there is two sizes.

couch:

--- Quote from: barcode1090;2956228 ---bearing for 19mm spindle.
--- End quote ---

Spanish bottom brackets use modified 6904's

The 22mm spindle version is 20mmx37mmx9mm
The "19mm" is .750"x37mmx9mm

Reason I put 19mm in "" is because it isn't 19mm. It uses a .750" (3/4") ID, not 19mm. Profile cranks and the like are not 19mm. They are 3/4". Do not get the two confused, they are not compatable.

.750" = 19.05mm
0.05mm = .002"

In terms of bearing/spindle fit .002" is wayyyyyyy too much press.

Id your bearing was in reality 19mm your spindle wouldn't fit unless it was made .002" undersize, which is highly unlikely.

So to answer your question, the bearing you are looking for is a modified 6904 with a 3/4" ID. You won't find this anywhere but at a bike shop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version