Multimedia

Author Topic: Posting bootleg videos.  (Read 115518 times)

Offline sheepdog

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2006, 02:00:39 PM »
Quote from: beaDEBASERR
I could contradict you on so many counts but it's really not worth it.

And it would still not justify it.

Offline fairtrade

• View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2006, 03:10:33 PM »

Shit, or get off the pot.

Yeah, I could pwn3dzz0r your argument, but it's really not worth it.

I could create world peace, but it's really not worth it.

I could find a cure for cancer, but it's really not worth it.

Offline Tiny Tim

• View Profile
    • http://www.usmbc.co.uk
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2006, 04:00:22 PM »
Most of the bigger companies videos are pretty much half hr long adverts, you cant say you havent seen some badass video and as a result formed a higher opinion of (and gone on to buy) their stuff as a result of watching it. Thats my opinion anyway, i dont feel guilty for watching stuff on google etc, i do totally understand the reasons for not putting them on here though. If you want to see stuff its not hard to find.
NO NUDITY IN AVATARS.

Offline Crid

• View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2006, 04:40:24 PM »
No you couldn't.

Offline delawarejames

• View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2006, 05:18:50 PM »
90% of companies watch 20inchnyc. not bg.

Offline pegs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2006, 05:23:48 PM »
Quote from: delawarejames

What, 20inchcanada?

Offline sheepdog

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2006, 08:14:32 PM »
Quote from: delawarejames

Not Bg?

Just where may I ask did you pull that number/information from?
My guess would be your ass.

Offline DETHRIDER

• View Profile
    • http://www.deathbmx.com
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2006, 08:17:33 PM »
Quote from: craig
What, 20inchcanada?

20inch new york city
EAT METAL

Offline fits3

• View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2006, 04:42:09 AM »
doesnt youtube and google get in trouble for hosting these or do the people who upload them take full resposibility

why would you guys promote piracy of bmx videos, your killing your favorite sport????
Refs: Birdmang, Mic521, BMXer1121, Garret123, Ride Some Bikes,

Offline killingtime

• View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2006, 02:27:09 PM »
personally couldnt give less of a fuck, if i get to watch kickass riding for free then thats great. its not like the more i watch videos online the more parts of my bike disappear.

Offline M@tty

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2006, 02:46:51 PM »
Quote from: killingtime
personally couldnt give less of a fuck, if i get to watch kickass riding for free then thats great. its not like the more i watch videos online the more parts of my bike disappear.

That's actually untrue. I watched the lotek mix-tape online, BAM! There goes my brakes.
Quote from: redface;3550972
get over it you pussies

Offline sheepdog

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2006, 09:48:20 PM »
Quote from: killingtime

Karma is a bitch.

Offline sheepdog

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2006, 09:48:46 PM »
Quote from: fits3
doesnt youtube and google get in trouble for hosting these or do the people who upload them take full resposibility

why would you guys promote piracy of bmx videos, your killing your favorite sport????

They delete them as soon as they are reported.

Offline favouritegame

• Bitches better be usin' jimmies!
    • View Profile
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2006, 01:42:05 AM »
i love watching the U.S citizens reveal their absolute paranoia about being busted by the long arm of 'johnny law'. lame.

You're speaking of not biting the hand that feeds... Well, I don't think that a bmx company is going to risk the PR nightmare, and the possible downfall of it's very target demographic, to sue any person on an internet message board. for posting a video of theirs, online. It's just not worth it for them. Legal fees etc. It all adds up to alot.

I'll mention the fact that most videos use music that is not licenced in anyway, so you were saying what about piracy?

Heres something, Lotek struck gold when their Mixtape was released on Google video. I know for a fact that Lotek stuff has been flying off bikeshop shelves for the last month because of the Word of mouth from kids that have watched it online. It's a publicity dream come true, what they miss on video sales, kids have made up in product. It's how it goes with something like that. Whoever talked about bmx videos being lengthy commercials, is absoloutely right. It's a tool to get riders psyched on a company, after all, the riders for a team are supposed to be sales representatives of their respective companies.

This is a roundabout arguement, and is easily by-passable.

Just link to another website that links to the file. easy. People don't want to be blamed with anything cause it might reflect badly upon them, give them a bad reputation. "OH!? a bad reputation?! i'm so scared of people hating me!! I don't want that!!" thats fucked.

America has so called "free speech"? Whats free about it anymore? nothing. Copyrights, and other legal bullshit, is going to bring everything to the ground. undoubtedly. If someone has to seek legal refuge to use a brand name in a magazine, or a book, or on a show, wheres that going to take us? to hell.

I feel like a Evian water right now, oh shit. fucking sue me.

Ban the shit outta me if you want, I'm not fussed. It's more about the fact that media is the one most powerful resource in this world. period. Sure, someone trying to protect their livelihood is one thing, and thats justifyable. People like Chad shackleford should be making the money to put back into videos, cause thats his business. thats his sole purpose income of Shook. to give back to BMX. Which should be supported. But you can't be the watcher of everyone. I love BMX, but it's always been such a free flowing, care free collective of small companies, and crews which have always looked out for each other, and this is showing that some people are losing sight, and getting fucked up cause of what they see on the news. about people suing others.

Banning people on this forum for posting videos isn't going to do anything at all either, it's better to do it on a "At your own risk" basis. or something, or simply delete it straight up, or approve posts of such nature (containing google video links, large youtube links etc.) so you can monitor things that way, cause I'm afraid that the hand, is about to be bitten. FTW

Offline Arnold Palmer

• Light Blend Of Tea And Lemonade
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ryanbug
Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2006, 03:35:30 AM »
are those who are against videos online also opposed to the use of the public library? just curious.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/beaDEBASERR/Untitled-2.png" alt="mmmtea">
the user formerly known as beaDEBASERR

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Posting bootleg videos.
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2006, 03:35:30 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special