The Back Alley > Site Help and Rules

Posting bootleg videos.

<< < (3/22) > >>

pegs:
^ They're not the ones ripping the videos, they are already on Google/Youtube/what have you.

Maybe if someone went into the video section and made a thread saying, "here, I just ripped such and such, you can all download it off me now instead of paying", then it would be a big deal. I don't see how posting links to existing content puts you at risk.

sheepdog:

--- Quote from: craig ---^ They're not the ones ripping the videos, they are already on Google/Youtube/what have you.

Maybe if someone went into the video section and made a thread saying, "here, I just ripped such and such, you can all download it off me now instead of paying", then it would be a big deal. I don't see how posting links to existing content puts you at risk.
--- End quote ---
So if somone robbed a bank, and handed you the money that makes it alright? It is still pirated or stolen is it not? It is still being illegally distributed.

As for the links getting me into trouble. Have you not been watching the lawsuits going on by the MPAA and RIAA. They have sued dentists for playing music in his lobby. If they could, they would charge royalties for singing a song to your child or humming a tune. They would if they could. Also a few years ago a magazine called 2600 was sued just for linking to a site containing the decryption code for DVD's. They lost.

Then there is the other problem.
Who pays to keep BG running? Those same people you guys are watching stolen videos from. Ever heard of "don't bite the hand that feeds you".

And yes, people have offered to trade pirated videos for parts and organised chat rooms for trading pirated videos on BG.

joelite44:
hey ^^^ so you are saying the rf video right now in the video section is wrong? and what if i edit my stuff and upload it on you tube, is it wrong, i cant get it straight

Friggerpants:
What about videos of kids getting thrown off roundabout's on Google, you cool with that?

Also, what about video's what have been on TV a gazillion times already, E.G Props 7?

Benjamin:
If it has been on t.v. a 'gazillion' times, I dont see the point in effort of ripping it and uploading it anyway...
But also people like fuel tv or whoever they have gottin permission from the company themselves to air the  video, so even if it has been shown on t.v. many times it still doesnt make it legal to rip it for others to see  so sheepdog could still most indefinetly get in trouble for it from either the company or his host.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version