Multimedia

Author Topic: Profile mini chromoly female axle with pegs  (Read 4523 times)

Offline Tommy Barngreaser

• View Profile
Profile mini chromoly female axle with pegs
« on: July 25, 2023, 11:37:30 PM »
Wondering how the 3/8th chromoly axle holds up to peg and peg bolts. I understand why would wouldn’t use the aluminum female. 

• View Profile
Re: Profile mini chromoly female axle with pegs
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 12:19:27 PM »
Over a 1000 views and no reply.

Bikeguide is dead because of you. Sheep should stop saying server fees.

Offline JohnW

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 04:03:28 PM »
I've run pegs on an Odyssey Hazard v3 with a chromoly female axle for years without any issues. 15mm axle with 3/8" bolts. Guessing the Profile axle is a similar diameter, but their bolts might be a little weaker if they're still using coarse thread. But hey I'd rather damage the bolt than the axle itself. If you're smooth it should be fine, if you smash pegs off stuff as aggressively as I did when I was a teenager you're going to have problems. Just make sure you have hubguards - Profiles are the only hubs I ever see with broken flanges. I had one that was missing 2 spoke holes without ever seeing a grind.
My LAF
Quote from: super_chief;3602916
I put my nuts on that axle before it shipped, FYI

Offline Bunky

• Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2023, 11:57:43 PM »
I did it for a while with the Profile shouldered peg 3/8ths bolts and bent 3-4 bolts in probably about a year period while not riding my 20 a whole lot. 

I'm super sketchy though and eat shit on handrails and clip uprights...
Quote from: G
this website is essentially an irrelevant back-water of the internet

Offline JohnW

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2023, 06:01:58 PM »
I did it for a while with the Profile shouldered peg 3/8ths bolts and bent 3-4 bolts in probably about a year period while not riding my 20 a whole lot. 

Is Profile still using 3/8-16? The coarse thread bolts are weaker than the fine 3/8-24 Odyssey uses...way deeper roots on the threads.
My LAF

Offline Bunky

• Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2023, 04:40:02 PM »

Is Profile still using 3/8-16? The coarse thread bolts are weaker than the fine 3/8-24 Odyssey uses...way deeper roots on the threads.

Yeh, they are 3/8 16 thread.  Funny thing is, I haven't broken any of the bolts.  I've just bent a couple near where the thread meets the bolt head. 
Quote from: G
this website is essentially an irrelevant back-water of the internet

Offline bluebmx

• Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2023, 09:34:18 PM »

Pretty sure Kurt from BMX Union has been footing the bill for many years, bu tyour point is valid. Sheepdog has been gone for a long while, but I'd love to know what he's up to these days!

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2023, 04:41:38 AM »

Pretty sure Kurt from BMX Union has been footing the bill for many years, bu tyour point is valid. Sheepdog has been gone for a long while, but I'd love to know what he's up to these days!

I was just joking but this used to be really great for reviews and advice on parts. I have came in and out over the years but I wish there were more resources out there

Offline JohnW

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2024, 08:15:05 PM »

I was just joking but this used to be really great for reviews and advice on parts. I have came in and out over the years but I wish there were more resources out there
Since this place and BMX-Forum died I haven't had a lot of luck buying and selling used parts. FB Marketplace is full of morons who don't know what the top tube size means let alone how to measure it. I used to buy used bikes off of CL and sell/trade what I didn't need on here back in the day. FB groups are half full of scammers and super disogranized...
My LAF

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2024, 03:23:43 AM »

Since this place and BMX-Forum died I haven't had a lot of luck buying and selling used parts. FB Marketplace is full of morons who don't know what the top tube size means let alone how to measure it. I used to buy used bikes off of CL and sell/trade what I didn't need on here back in the day. FB groups are half full of scammers and super disogranized...

Facebook groups are insane, during and after COVID people were buying and selling each others stuff with insane inflated prices. Everyday it seems like someone complains about being scammed and every time they sent money friends and family.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2024, 03:36:48 AM »

Facebook groups are insane, during and after COVID people were buying and selling each others stuff with insane inflated prices. Everyday it seems like someone complains about being scammed and every time they sent money friends and family.

So what I am saying is if someone here wants to sell me a clean 21 inch S&M made T1 Barcode with Mid bottom, I will pay an inflated price.

Offline metalpadrebmx

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2024, 12:25:05 AM »
i've had luck selling stuff on bmxmuseum.com but you have to pay like $20-30 for a year of pro membership to post in the for sale section.

but yes, i miss buying and selling on bikeguide. the first ever frame i got with an integrated headtube was from someone here, it was free and on my bithday...i was stoked
Formally known as paranoidmexican

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2024, 12:25:05 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello